• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
That framerate is a little rough but MAAAANNN Greece looks freakin' awesome. Map looks COLOSSAL too. Can't wait to see more.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Since it predates Origins and and these characters are Spartans (you know, those hardcore authoritarians) with tragic backstories in the Peloponessian War, I'm gonna go ahead and guess they're
proto-templars.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
Soooooo....how is this going to be a creed game if Bayek and Aya established the order...

I mean I'm still going to get it but curious how this turns out

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. I enjoyed that Origins had a very Witcher esque structure and was hoping they would go even further in the rpg direction, so I am thrilled seeing all these dialogue options. Love the naval focus too. I just hope that the writing/direction/overall storytelling is improved, as I found Origins to be middling to poor in that regard.

Also, Kassandra is crazy swole and seems pretty cool.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thread is unlocked for posting.

I mean... of course that looked better. I am talking about this procedually generated animations from dialogue choices.

They're great but you should see watch the DMCV trailer.

Quoting myself: "Fair. Cant find a Horizon gif tho."

Oh yeah that one looked great too. Someone mentioned Unity. That was amazing too.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly looks great, but im nervous about that map size. Looks like it cant possibly be filled with meaningful activities.

Origins is GOAT, hope they can achieve the same.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I thought Origins dropped a ball on the entire "origins of the Assassins" bit. They already knew how to assassinate, they randomly had the hidden blade just lying around. Maybe someone will actually invent the hidden blade in this game, or find it in a First Civ vault.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
7f93c4fcdb439e527e87cfc330c6ef43.jpg

Straight?
Straighter?
And Bi?

This made me laugh my ass off. I know it probably means poly relationship but my first thought was "fuck that, I want a threesome".

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
The setting looks pretty great but I can't help but feel that this is too soon after Origins. That said, will wait for a review and grab it on sale after a few patches.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I also love it that there are actual armors with values now, not just outfits. Hopefully, the stats are varied enough to warrant looking out for the best ones.

And in a time where Bethesda and Bioware are starting abandon dialogue choices in their RPGs, Ubisoft delivers.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I thought Origins dropped a ball on the entire "origins of the Assassins" bit. They already knew how to assassinate, they randomly had the hidden blade just lying around. Maybe someone will actually invent the hidden blade in this game, or find it in a First Civ vault.
The hidden blade was invented at least 400 years before Origins and 30 years before the events of this game.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Since it predates Origins and and these characters are Spartans (you know, those hardcore authoritarians) with tragic backstories in the Peloponessian War, I'm gonna go ahead and guess they're
proto-templars.
Nah, those dirtbag Athenians fit the bill a lot better during that conflict. No true Templars would have let them off as easy as Sparta ended up doing at the end of the war. Flip the results and we all know that Athens would have had zero qualms about razing Sparta.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Have to give the woman a shorter cape so you can see her chest huh lmao

You havent watched the video yet yeah?
The cape goes one direction for Male the opposite for Female.

Also see her chest?
Its a full breast plate, hell if you just cut the breastplate part you cant tell what sex the person wearing it actually is.

9Qin7U0.jpg

Looking at the picture below....if the first thing that comes to your head is....oww wow we can see so much of her chest, there is something wrong with you.

0PDEjIM.jpg

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to be sold on this narratively connecting to the others.

If this one drops the ball on that, don't even have an overarching narrative. Just make them all one offs that share themes and backstory.

ReginOfFire

Oct 29, 2017
Game set in 431 BC - Peloponnesian War
Time of war and peace, contrast behind land and sea
Ancient Greek culture
Two characters: Kassandra and Alexios; same story for both characters
Both Spartan characters; raised as a spartan warrior as a child
Tragedy rips family apart while young
Story pick ups 17 years later on island of Kefalonia
Trained to be a mercenary, contract comes that opens up whole world to them and sends them on their odyssey
Descendant of the First Civ bloodline
First Civ intertwined with mythology
Present Day returns; continues to explore story of Layla
Layla searching for First Civ knowledge and artifacts
Ideologies of order vs freedom are both presented as grey
Naval system is a seamless experience, upgrade boat, recruit new people, ram into other ships, cleave ships in two
Ships have specific abilities
Can recruit just about anyone in the world, characters can provide buffs to ship like increased health
Gear is customizable and upgradable with you
Choice is fundamental - interactive dialogue system
Historical events pan out the way they're recorded in history
From a personal story standpoint, choices dictate outcomes of what is happening
Biggest map in the franchise
October 5th, 2017
PC, PS4, Xbox One

Do you mean october 2018? A bit confused

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Seems to be leaning more Witcher 3 than Bioware. They've even got the 'yellow text is progress, white text is flavour' thing in the dialogue choices.

Not surprising since it felt like Origins' primary inspiration.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, this video kinda sold me on this. The Mass Effect style of RPG sounds good to me, and the Narrative Director seems super passionate. That combo to me sounds like maybe a decent story on the way?

Nymphae

Apr 3, 2018
I love that this once groundbreaking sci-fi series series has basically entirely dropped the cool time travel, bleeding effect stuff. More romance mechanics please.