• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
jli9rwdq45n11.png

https://www.reddit.com/comments/9h2tl0

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like lots of smart QoL decisions are being made with this game

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
thankthemaker.gif

It's crazy how I really didn't click with Origins after about 10 hours with it, but simple changes like: stealth kills returning (with adrenaline), HUD options, naval combat, more vibrant locations, etc. have me really excited for Odyssey.

I feel like the inevitable claims of 'more of the same' with Origins may be selling this game short.

Last edited:

Plum

May 31, 2018
Got no idea what I'm gonna be turning off but this is a great feature to have. Recent news really has me looking forward to this game a lot more; even pre-ordered the Gold Edition since it was 20% off in the Ubisoft store.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
But does it have the Horizon model where swiping the touch pad shows the UI and otherwise it disappears?

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
This is great! However they should also give us a key/button that toggles the HUD on/off. So you don't have to go into the menu every time.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This and exploration mode makes me feel so hyped. They really seem to have nailed it.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day one buy getting more and more likely...

This and exploration mode makes me feel so hyped. They really seem to have nailed it.
My hype for exploration mode was deflated a little when I found out that once you're roughly near the objective you still just use your bird to pinpoint it immediately.

Still, the previewers said it added a lot in terms of side content. Hopefully it works out.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Damn all the features they've been announcing have been actually kind of selling me on this game. Even though I was a little apprehensive at first because this game didn't feel assassin's Creed enough , now I'm hyped for a different experience

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me that Target Lock On is for enemy outlines. I hate those!!

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
This game looks really interesting to me, I have intentions on buying it. Question though: should I play AC: Origins beforehand? On the flipside, that game does not look all that interesting to me and I prefer the more exotic locales of Greece than the endless stretches of land (and sand) of Egypt. Is it really worth going out of your way to play or could I just jump in on Odyssey?

Oct 28, 2017
This game looks really interesting to me, I have intentions on buying it. Question though: should I play AC: Origins beforehand? On the flipside, that game does not look all that interesting to me and I prefer the more exotic locales of Greece than the endless stretches of land (and sand) of Egypt. Is it really worth going out of your way to play or could I just jump in on Odyssey?

It's set before Origins, so no need.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
All good and well.. can't hate being given the option. So props for that.

But would like developers to develop their game, without a clustered hud from the start. I hate massive numbers flying, healthbars everywhere, glowing characters, button prompts all the time etc..

But does it have the Horizon model where swiping the touch pad shows the UI and otherwise it disappears?

Yep this. And also even with hud, it never was too much.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did the last AC game not have this? Because I thought every AC game did this, even other Ubisoft games like For Honor.

Romez

Nov 11, 2017
This should be standard for every game now.

Still haven't seen a better customisable HUD since Horizon Zero Dawn.

Oct 28, 2017
Had absolutely no idea that this was set before. I thought the original plan was a trilogy with Egypt/Greece/Rome and assumed that it would be chronologically. Thanks for the heads up. I'll just go ahead and skip Origins for Odyssey then.

Yeah it's centuries before I believe.

The only caveat is that the present day real-world content follows the same character as in Origins - not sure if it's a follow-on story though. But then again it's the present day content, so who cares. You may feel differently about that stuff though.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Got no idea what I'm gonna be turning off but this is a great feature to have. Recent news really has me looking forward to this game a lot more; even pre-ordered the Gold Edition since it was 20% off in the Ubisoft store.

Pre-ordered. Thanks for the heads up!

Playing games HUDless ftw, let's how playable it'll be with HUD completely turned off.

HUDless FTW indeed! There's an Exploration Mode without targets and quest markers so it should be playable even without a HUD. Fingers crossed.

9VMOv5A.png

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Still no fan of the cursor based controls in menu screens for console games, but i see it's becoming the norm :(

Plum

May 31, 2018
Pre-ordered. Thanks for the heads up!

It did require a code you "buy" with Ubisoft Points, so it may not have applied automatically. It cost ÂŁ64 for me. ÂŁ10 more than I got the Origins Gold Edition for last year (same offer) but I guess AC:3 and AC3: Liberation Remastered make up for that extra spend. Really annoying that the Deluxe Edition stuff isn't included, though.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It did require a code you "buy" with Ubisoft Points, so it may not have applied automatically. It cost ÂŁ64 for me. ÂŁ10 more than I got the Origins Gold Edition for last year (same offer) but I guess AC:3 and AC3: Liberation Remastered make up for that extra spend. Really annoying that the Deluxe Edition stuff isn't included, though.

Yeah I used the code. Thanks.

Oct 28, 2017
Between this and the exploration mode, the game seems pretty interesting. The HUD customization options in Origins were pretty poor.

Fingerthing

Oct 27, 2017
As other posters have mentioned, this combined with Exploration mode makes the game look really appealing. Some of my favourite games focus on full immersion and navigating the world on your own, stumbles and frustration and all.
That and RPG dialogue options and a committent to narrative and this is the first AC game that's interested me in a long time. If they can just deliver on the story this is a sure buy for me.
Take notice, developers! Options, especially for console games which you can't mod, sell games to... Incredibly niche hardcore audiences? Oh well, at least they create good publicity - such as this thread.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nice.

I'm constantly changing the HUD options in Origins because they all suck.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think my 'AC has an immersion problem' thread was noted.

Thank you Ubisoft, this is superb and will make me buy the game day 1 and enjoy it so much more!!

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
HUD options are fine but it isn't enough. I want a HUD toggle button to instantly turn the HUD on and off while I'm playing. Hud toggle works great in horizon and god of war.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of want all the data on my screen, but I'm glad this is here for people who find it a better experience.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
HUD options are fine but it isn't enough. I want a HUD toggle button to instantly turn the HUD on and off while I'm playing. Works great in horizon and god of war.

It was weird that Unity was the only AC game to have that feature (99% sure it never made it to Syndicate but I could be wrong).

This is good to hear, the AC games have always had options to disable each individual element of the HUD but for some reason Origins was limited to 4 (bad) presets and as far as I'm aware it's never been adjusted in a patch.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
HUD options are fine but it isn't enough. I want a HUD toggle button to instantly turn the HUD on and off while I'm playing. Hud toggle works great in horizon and god of war.

Yup this. Previous AC games you could turn off the HUD but the games not built around it so you ending up having to turn it back on. An in game toggle standard for this series would do wonders.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Does that include the icon that lets you know you have unspent skill points? So damn annoying in Origins.