• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
Ubisoft Points and Helix Credits are my least favorite thing in the entire franchise. So annoying.
Helix Credits I understand, but Ubisoft Points are earned by playing any Ubisoft games and can be used to unlock small content for any Ubisoft games. It can even give a 20% discount for buying a game on their shop. It's a great reward system.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
I don't get why people are saying this costs money. Aren't U-Play points the ones you get for free when you do stuff in game? Am I thinking of something else?

Edit: nvm, just saw the post above mine.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Helix Credits I understand, but Ubisoft Points are earned by playing any Ubisoft games and can be used to unlock small content to any Ubisoft game. It even gives a 20% discount for buying their game on their shop. It's a great reward system.

and i think (but i'm not sure) that For Honor have a free version now so you can unlock some ubisoft points for free!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This is in the microtransaction store...
"Club" means free.

Wait until they release the best female Assassin ever on the game
latest
Alway forget how amazing Shao Jun's design is. Legacy outfits are back so hope her outfit can be equipped.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
With all the AC Lore, Ubisoft need to seriously consider releasing an Assassin's Creed Multiplayer Game (not coop).
I want the comeback of it with many expansions with new maps inspired by the whole saga and devs working on it for many years like R6 Siege.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Helix credits... Ubi, why!?

It's an ubisoft game. You didn't think you'd escape microtransactions did you?

Even Origins had it they just did a somewhat sneaky way of it. I think it was you couldn't buy the loot boxes directly but you could buy currency which would then, theoretically, be used on lootboxes.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017

Even Origins had it they just did a somewhat sneaky way of it. I think it was you couldn't buy the loot boxes directly but you could buy currency which would then, theoretically, be used on lootboxes.

nope.
There was helix credits (curency game) but you can also have a free lootbox everyday by complete a daily quest.
Odyssey will feature the same.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean... yeah, sure, I think that's a pretty cool idea for a michaeltransaction and as optional fanservice DLC for those who love this series the most.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
My bad.
I'm on the fence, because as i said in another topic, assassin's creed is the most hated franchise in Era (and it was in neogaf). So i'm tired of this. Sorry if i didn't understood your comment! =x
No problem.
And yeah, i was the poster in the other thread saying this type of driveby posting on every assassins creed thread is getting tiresome.
Like i can understand not liking this has to be bought with ubipoints, in fact i myselfy dont like that and i would prefer if it was an unlockable, like for example the 100% chapter sync in past games (even if they dont use the 100% sync thing anymore), but hating the freakin fun idea of having old main characters as something optional?
Wtf
Nobody hated solid snake having a bond suit in the old games after you beat the game, or donut drake in uncharted, or stupid fun unlockable costumes on horror and fighting games. But it happens in AC and the idea is shit and out of the lore (but hey he doesnt play ac, even if he hates the game is not following the lore...)
Its tiresome and shitty trolling to this point.

And i know ubipoints can be get with achivements, i just hope this characters arent to exoensove because i want more than one of them. Thats why i would prefer it as a in game unlockable.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Sea shanties have male and female versions, depending the gender you will equip in your crew. That's awesome.
....you can't mixed male and female crew =(

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Sea shanties have male and female versions, depending the gender you will equip in your crew. That's awesome.
....you can't mixed male and female crew =(
Its the gender of the crew affected by the chosen character? Or can i get alexios and have a female crew?
I would have loved a mixed one so im sad that seems to not be possible.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I'm definitely hyped for the game but everyday the news gets better and better. Origins so far is my favorite AC, but looks like Odyssey is going to take over.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I don't get why people are saying this costs money. Aren't U-Play points the ones you get for free when you do stuff in game? Am I thinking of something else?

Edit: nvm, just saw the post above mine.

Just more clarification but this is true. There will definitely be a bunch of annoying microtransactions in the game but this stuff in particular seems to be behind the "Ubisoft Club Points" system which, AFAIK, is entirely based around achievements and trophies in Ubisoft games.

It's actually a really good system, especially the 20% off for 100 credits. Get 10 easy trophies and you can turn that into a ÂŁ10-or-so saving depending on what game you choose to buy

See above. The "Club" part of it means it's bought with "Ubisoft Club Points" that are almost entirely free (I think you get them from purchases in the Ubi store as I got 64 for buying Odyssey's Gold Edition) and earned through trophies/achievements.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah! I was planning to play it after RDR2 but with the recent news, I think I'll start playing it day one. Exploration mode, customizable HUD, recruitable assassins. This game keeps on giving.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Expect many assassins to be unlocked through a paywall.
I can see Evie being the only free one.

Fid

Jun 5, 2018
Detroit
It's a shame they're ruining the complex, thought-out, and well-realized lore of Assassin's Creed by combining these characters. Reminds me of when Nintendo decided to ruin the unassailable lore of all of its franchises with Super Smash Brothers.

Just shameful.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Helix credits are here since 2014...even in Origins.

Because people are buying them.
Would be so pissed if Aveline and Adewalé aren't here.

I know, don't worry. :P

It'd just be nice to use the Club points I've gathered over the years.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
This simulation's fucked.

Wouldn't that be future Assassins?

It's a shame they're ruining the complex, thought-out, and well-realized lore of Assassin's Creed by combining these characters. Reminds me of when Nintendo decided to ruin the unassailable lore of all of its franchises with Super Smash Brothers.

Just shameful.

I think you don't understand.
It's a cosmetic. A bonus for gamers. It's not the real Evie going back into time with Marty Mc Fly...

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
btw another big news but i don"t want to create a topic about it.

HUD IS FULLY CUSTOMISABLE

jli9rwdq45n11.png

Nov 14, 2017
Glad I'm not an Ass Creed fan because I think this would piss me off to no end. This doesn't make any sense story-wise right? Like how can it be explained if Ezio just pops up in a completely different time and country?
They've been doing this with costumes with almost every game. It doesn't bother me and I love the lore.

It's completely optional. Who cares.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quit whining by the way, AC is far from being a franchise that Era doesn't like at this point. Forum as a whole is sweet on Ubisoft tbh

Fid

Jun 5, 2018
Detroit
I played most of Origins on a half-Chocobo, half-Camel abomination of the natural world

ntwMnsH.png

I very much enjoy the thought of someone, somewhere being cool with this but not with having character skins from other AC games :-)

speedwagen

Oct 27, 2017
UK, London
Just shameful they keep adding references to other good AC games, am I right? It's not like they added previous outfits to other games... Smfh

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played an Assassins Creed game since Revelations. Can your crew mutiny and maroon you, taking all your gear and money if you don't keep them happy? That would be a cool gameplay mechanic.