• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
qMazdTFfQQyNBueACRjss9-1200-80.jpg

So who is better?
Kassandra or Evie?
Why not having BOTH in the same game?

With Ubisoft points, you can unlock Evie Frye as a mercenary to help you in ship battles. She will increase by 12% your fire weapons of your boat (40 ubisoft points).
Lieutenant can follow you on land to fight with you in every missions.
Beware Kassandra/Evie team!

You can also recruit male or female assassin's crew.
Apparently it's very possible that during the life of the game, every main assassin will be recruitable.

So you can have Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward (YES!) etc...
Imagine in 10 months having every main Assassin's heroes in your crew . This is One Piece level of fandom.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nice throwback to the past games.

It wouldn't even surprise me if Evie > Kassandra. Can't believe how underrated Syndicate was in pretty much every way possible.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Nice throwback to the past games.

It wouldn't even surprise me if Evie > Kassandra. Can't believe how underrated Syndicate was in pretty much every way possible.

Evie was awesome i played with her the whole game but i think that makin your own choices in Odyssey will make Kassandra more "alive".
I really expect Ubisoft to release on Assassin Lt per month.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
qMazdTFfQQyNBueACRjss9-1200-80.jpg

So who is better?
Kassandra or Evie?
Why not having BOTH in the same game?

With Ubisoft points, you can unlock Evie Frye as a mercenary to help you in ship battles. She will increase by 12% your fire weapons of your boat (40 ubisoft points).
Lieutenant can follow you on land to fight with you in every missions.
Beware Kassandra/Evie team!

You can also recruit male or female assassin's crew.
Apparently it's very possible that during the life of the game, every main assassin will be recruitable.

So you can have Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward (YES!) etc...
Imagine in 10 months having every main Assassin's heroes in your crew . This is One Piece level of fandom.
Can I ask why you say 10 months? Are there only certain ones in thr game at launch and more being added as dlc!? This is literally the first I've heard of these old characters

Deleted member 35777

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Since they visibly show up on ships I wonder if I can spartan kick allies off boats...

Someone with a twitter account needs to ask ubisoft this very pressing question.

Adam802

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
lol this franchise used to be so good, now it just gets more and more fucking stupid....

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad I'm not an Ass Creed fan because I think this would piss me off to no end. This doesn't make any sense story-wise right? Like how can it be explained if Ezio just pops up in a completely different time and country?

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Edward Kenway please! I wear his outfit whenever I can. Rocked it all throughout Origins...had Bayek looking like a bad ass pirate all game

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing i dont like is that its using ubisoft points, because the idea of it is incredibly fun, and would have been a great plain ingame unlockable.
I hope they are not too expensive and you can get them with the achivement points.
Ezio and Evie are in if thats the case.

Glad I'm not an Ass Creed fan because I think this would piss me off to no end. This doesn't make any sense story-wise right? Like how can it be explained if Ezio just pops up in a completely different time and country?

And it shows because origins explains the hacked animus stuff.

Also who gives a fuck, same with snake om a suit as an unlockable in the first metal gear or donut drake.
The real problem here is the ubisoft points shit.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017

"Ass Creed"
hey that rants again?

About the continuity in the story...

IT'S A F******G ANIMUS! IT'S A COSMETIC SHOP !
IN ORIGINS YOU CAN EVEN RIDE A UNICORN!

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
"Ass Creed"
hey that rants again?

About the continuity in the story...

IT'S A F******G ANIMUS! IT'S A COSMETIC SHOP !
IN ORIGINS YOU CAN EVEN RIDE A UNICORN!
You could also ride an unicorn as an unlockable of 100% sync chapaters on AC2.
But now its a fucking problem, not on any game with fun unlockables that dont make sense, but only on ac, because fuck that series, am i right era.

This shit is what i was talking about in the other thread, and its becoming tiresome.

Im.not a fan of this using ubi points instead of being an unlockable, and im going to critique that, but the idea of it? Wtf?

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Actually it does, the current animus can change hack time so you will be able to use powers and shit like that even though they didn't exist at the time.

Hope Shao Jun and Altair are available.

Edit: Aveline as well hopefully.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I love it when they do weird stuff like this because the Animus allows for it. I figure this is their replacement for the outfits, too, which I never wore anyway since they stuck out like a sore thumb

I won't pay for any of 'em but they're a cute little addition

Nov 23, 2017
OP is WAY too defensive, damn. If you are pulling that "you don't need to pay for mtx points, you get plenty...just takes 150 more hours though!" card in a 60 dollar game you've gone beyond the pale.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
You could also ride an unicorn as an unlockable of 100% sync chapaters on AC2.
But now its a fucking problem, not on any game with fun unlockables that dont make sense, but only on ac, because fuck that series, am i right era.

This shit is what i was talking about in the other thread, and its becoming tiresome.

It's cosmetic....it's not even canon!
It's not the REAL Evie. COME ON... why are you bothering about continuity?
Is that because we need to explain AGAIN why you can choose between Alexios or kassandra without breaking the continuity?

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
Evie and Kassandra will be fighting side by side the whole game. And I get to have an all female assassin crew.

Oct 27, 2017

The MacGuffin in the game's switches between alien technology from first civilizations that can do basically anything to the Animus which allows someone to enter a computer program simulation of an ancestor's memories. This really isn't a big deal as far as ridiculous stuff goes. It's a bit strange, but you can kind of hand wave it is a mod that the user of the Animus decided to put in or something.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
AC has been doing this for ages. Almost every game lets you change costumes to ones from other games, even ones set chronologically after the game (so for example Edward in ACIV can dress like Connor, his grandson who will be born decades later during ACIII).

The logic is simple enough - the historical settings are simulations and can be altered. The historical characters aren't seeing anything unusual. You, the person using a simulation to reconstruct those memories thousands of years after it happened, are only seeing the changes because the magic computer is visually altering what you see.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed is you playing as someone in the modern era who is exploring the memories of people in the past via a computer. They can (and have) explain(ed) it in-universe as a hack or modification.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
OP is WAY too defensive, damn. If you are pulling that "you don't need to pay for mtx points, you get plenty...just takes 150 more hours though!" card in a 60 dollar game you've gone beyond the pale.

except if those "150" hours are good.
And it's not about that...
Everyday you will have a mission. Complete it, and you can "turn the wheel" to MAY gain a stuff in that "ubisoft shop" for free (otherwise it will be an item that is on the main game).

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
yo is my man shay cormac gonna get in on this or is he disqualified for defecting to the templars

The whole series gimmick is the past segments are a computer simulation, you can do whatever you want. This is just an extension of legacy skins previous games had (even origins let you dress up as the dude from the movie & a few others)

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
It's cosmetic....it's not even canon!
It's not the REAL Evie. COME ON... why are you bothering about continuity?
Is that because we need to explain AGAIN why you can choose between Alexios or kassandra without breaking the continuity?
I was talking about you being in the true about this, i think the same as you. Hope you didnt mistake my post (or i mistaked your post) of me attacking this idea lol

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Assassin's Creed is you playing as someone in the modern era who is exploring the memories of people in the past via a computer. They can (and have) explain(ed) it in-universe as a hack or modification.

In AC4 MP there is maps from ACB and AC3...we can play as pirates in the middle of a Fort in 1780 in America.
I mean ..since AC2 we can unlock past assassins outfits, why is this different?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
In AC4 MP there is maps from ACB and AC3...we can play as pirates in the middle of a Fort in 1780 in America.
I mean ..since AC2 we can unlock past assassins outfits, why is this different?
Exactly. In regards to things from other time periods showing up in the wrong eras, this is nothing new or wild for the series.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I was talking about you being in the true about this, i think the same as you. Hope you didnt mistake my post (or i mistaked your post) of me attacking this idea lol

My bad.
I'm on the fence, because as i said in another topic, assassin's creed is the most hated franchise in Era (and it was in neogaf). So i'm tired of this. Sorry if i didn't understood your comment! =x