• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Review scores on par with AC III and Black Flag. Return to form compared to Unity and Syndicate, but not reaching the pinnacle which is the AC II trilogy. All in all, not bad. Will give it a try.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Have you played Rogue? It's the best of AC3 + the best of Black Flag in one condensed package.

Thanks for the reply. I've never played rogue. I'll hunt down a copy. I loved black flag.

Pretty hyped for origins tbh. The setting looks great and I think an 84 average in the current market is extremely solid

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I've been kind of out of AssCreed for a few years but I'm kinda excited for this one. Just looking at it not as an AC game but a high budget Ubisoft open world RPG in Egypt it seems really promising. Reviews seem solid so I'm on board.

Deleted member 3876

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting this free but I may still put it on the back burner. Mario, Wolfenstein, other recent stuff I haven't gotten to... I can wait a bit before stabbing Egyptians.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Pretty well rounded. He's a driven dude, but he's not without his smiles and it's clear he loves his wife and will stick his neck out for a friend.

I don't understand seeing Bayek as Meh.

Bayek is a great protagonist with some very interesting shades that the game manages to highlight (I like his lowkey reverence for the priests and temples for example.) The game undeniably bungles it's opening hours and first impressions count for a LOT... I don't blame people if they have trouble getting invested after that.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Review scores on par with AC III and Black Flag. Return to form compared to Unity and Syndicate, but not reaching the pinnacle which is the AC II trilogy. All in all, not bad. Will give it a try.

Based on what I have played thus far, Origins is my third best AC game after Rogue and BF respectively. Easily better than Unity and currently tied with Syndicate for me but I know that it will surpass it once I complete the game. Rogue and Black Flag remain my top two respectively.

As for AC II, I quit that game halfway through the story. It was just boring and bland. Hated those glyphs puzzles and just wasn't into it at all. I tried and even bought sequence 12 and 13 DLC for it but still nope. However, I did play it after Black Flag which was my first AC game. Watching BF back in 2013 made me hyped for AC to where I bought the game and season pass two months before the game was released. It may not be an awesome AC game but it's an excellent pirate game and just so calm, relaxing and fun to play. Only Rogue surpasses BF for me.

Thanks for the reply. I've never played rogue. I'll hunt down a copy. I loved black flag.

Pretty hyped for origins tbh. The setting looks great and I think an 84 average in the current market is extremely solid

I LOVED Black Flag (which was my first AC game) and LOVED Rogue even more. Rogue is basically an ice cold water version of BF. Everything is pretty much the same except that the story is short but better and best of all, no eavesdropping missions at all which was my only major negative with BF. Plus, you play as a Templar and is connected to Unity but they fucked up the connection in Unity.

As for Origins, after two days of playing, I can safely say that it's my third best AC game after Rogue and BF respectively. Easily better than Unity and currently tied with Syndicate for me but I know that it will surpass it once I complete the game.