• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017

Cnwtes1.png
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed community thread. This thread is for discussing all things AC including old titles, current titles as well as future titles. Please just be thoughtful of others when discussing series spoilers and using spoiler tags when appropriate.

H8f26d9.png
  1. Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent
  2. Hide in plain sight
  3. never compromise the brotherhood
    DXwXw3j.png
Despite the struggle of the Assassins throughout history the battle between freedom and order never ended. In modern times the Templars have conducted their operations under the banner of Abstergo Industries. Just like the Templars who came before them Abstergo's primary goal is the destruction of the Assassins and the retrieval of first civilization artifacts known as the pieces of eden.

UYLg3qy.png

Credit to Chris Metal for helping make the banners and categories.

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to diving back in with Origins. I only played Black Flag and the combat completely took me out of it.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Loved every bit of Origins. Can't wait for Odyssey to drop and get into the life of an assassin again.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I thought y'all didn't like AC
I have never, in the history of my positing days, said I didn't like AC.

AC2 is my favorite AC, followed by Black Flag. I love teh series, but I hate the route tehy've gone of late, with the modern day stuff being half assed, and no Desmond.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I have never, in the history of my positing days, said I didn't like AC.

AC2 is my favorite AC, followed by Black Flag. I love teh series, but I hate the route tehy've gone of late, with the modern day stuff being half assed, and no Desmond.
They've sorta begun the process of fixing that with Origins. If it goes anywhere or not is yet to be seen.

Also I can totally see people hating the direction the series is taking the modern day.

It's basically setting up a scenario where Time Travel is becoming a thing in the modern day, while also establishing the concept of certain events in time being unavoidable. One such event being the solar flare that Desmond stopped. Long Story short,it appears that Desmond only temporarily prevented a Solar Flare and now a second one will probably happen in the modern day.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
They've sorta begun the process of fixing that with Origins. If it goes anywhere or not is yet to be seen.

Also I can totally see people hating the direction the series is taking the modern day.

It's basically setting up a scenario where Time Travel is becoming a thing in the modern day, while also establishing the concept of certain events in time being unavoidable. One such event being the solar flare that Desmond stopped. Long Story short,it appears that Desmond only temporarily prevented a Solar Flare and now a second one will probably happen in the modern day.
nerd

blakdeth

Oct 25, 2017
Is there and Origins OT? I've seen several LTTP threads, but I'm avoiding those due to spoilers.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
sub'd. I've played most of the AC games and like many here, I really enjoyed Origins. So much so that I'm all in for Odyssey. Origins was a great Witcher 3-lite, and to hear them say Odyssey is a full pivot to make it an RPG is really exciting. It's hard to wait but i'm revisiting the older games and it's been fun.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
At this point what logical endpoint is the future stuff even supposed to land on? Seems like it's prolonging a meta story going nowhere so that's kinda the main reason of why I'm in favor of dropping it altogether. I don't like having a dangling carrot that is actually not real in front of me. I'm fine having games where I can jump into a time period and experience it. That said if the Odyssey stuff can kinda focus it again into something that will progress and lead to stuff and proves me wrong that's cool as well.

Also fingers crossed for AC in ancient china during the warring states period or similar.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
At this point what logical endpoint is the future stuff even supposed to land on? Seems like it's prolonging a meta story going nowhere so that's kinda the main reason of why I'm in favor of dropping it altogether. I don't like having a dangling carrot that is actually not real in front of me. I'm fine having games where I can jump into a time period and experience it. That said if the Odyssey stuff can kinda focus it again into something that will progress and lead to stuff and proves me wrong that's cool as well.

Also fingers crossed for AC in ancient china during the warring states period or similar.
Fair point, personally I'm not really sure how to feel about the modern day. I could see it going in a decent direction, but it's also the type of thing where it's literally just there to explain how you the player are able to visit these historical time periods and locations.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Fair point, personally I'm not really sure how to feel about the modern day. I could see it going in a decent direction, but it's also the type of thing where it's literally just there to explain how you the player are able to visit these historical time periods and locations.
How is Bayek btw. What kind of protagonist(or character arc) does AC need next. Given I missed to many of them too really say but from the ones I experienced outside Ezio I feel most of them have been a bit too bland/stoic. I guess pirate dude also wasn't that stoic but I barely remember him. I feel like they could improve on that, but again I missed out on basically anything after black flag.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
How is Bayek btw. What kind of protagonist(or character arc) does AC need next. Given I missed to many of them too really say but from the ones I experienced outside Ezio I feel most of them have been a bit too bland/stoic. I guess pirate dude also wasn't that stoic but I barely remember him. I feel like they could improve on that, but again I missed out on basically anything after black flag.
He's good. I wouldn't say he's no Ezio, but he's also no Connor. I usually describe him as someone very serious who also knows how to have a laugh.

AC is in a weird spot right now. There's Origins which basically told the story of how the Brotherhood was started and formed, and now the new AC, AC Odyssey, is going even further back in time. The game basically takes place before AC Origins and is very detached from the Assassin/Templar storyline. According to the devs the game will have a heavy focus on the pieces of eden and the first civilization which should be interesting.

Last edited:

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I finished Unity this weekend on the PS4 and really liked it. I played all of it without the HUD (as I did with Syndicate) and the game looks amazing, even on the regular PS4.

Now I'm going back to Black Flag. I got stuck on a naval battle that seems impossible for me to beat right now, so I guess I need to do some side stuff to be able to upgrade my ship.

I can't believe that I bought all three games for 20 dollars and learned that I love Assassin's Creed lol.

Can't wait to beat Black Flag and play Origins.

blakdeth

Oct 25, 2017
I went into Origins with zero expectations about Bayek and, thus far, I really like him. He's grim, within reason, and determined, but he still has a wit and a charm that makes him likable. I love Aya's reactions to him. I am also reading Desert Oath, which fills in a bit of Bayek's backstory.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Oh man, I really don't like most of the naval parts of Black Flag. And the game keeps forcing you to do side stuff to upgrade the ship, and gathering resources for the upgrades is really boring.

Any tips for speeding things up? Or should I just play Origins instead?

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Nice OT! I do have an issue - when playing Syndicate with my ds4 via steam the player view seems to be persistently swings up when not moving. Anyone encountered this issue?

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
and I'm done with Black Flag! I liked the final missions.

On to Origins now.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, I got the ending of Unity spoiled after searching wtf was that Dead Kings DLC I had installed with it -___-
I just wanted to know how many DLC were released and if I should install them all before starting. The first sentence I read spoiled the end. They could have just said "set a few months after the events of the game..." etc. and it would have been enough but nope, got to be very specific.
Really salty right now. I also started to read the novel so it ruins that too...

Also, it's the first game that makes my PC heat up so much and that I can't play at 60fps with High settings. And to think it was worse before it got patched, whew.

Last edited:

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that Odyseey really goes all in with The Empirical Truth stuff and expands the modern day gameplay.

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
Any word on Odyssey and PC support? I'm really tempted to finally get a gaming PC in order to experience Ancient Greece in all of its true 4K glory.

With respect to consoles, can we expect LOD and draw distances to be the same (or possibly improved)?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Every year, I tell myself that I won't get AC on launch day... and every year, I suddenly start to want to play AC right around this time.

Hearing that AC3 and Liberation are getting remastered makes me excited. I know there aren't too many gameplay changes they can make to make them better, but even so, I really enjoy AC3 for its story (except for the rushed ending) and setting. It and Liberation should be fun to dive back into.

And Odyssey sounds like it'll be good too, though I've practically been on a media blackout for it since E3. I just hope it has more and better modern segments and story than Origins did.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Every year, I tell myself that I won't get AC on launch day... and every year, I suddenly start to want to play AC right around this time.

Hearing that AC3 and Liberation are getting remastered makes me excited. I know there aren't too many gameplay changes they can make to make them better, but even so, I really enjoy AC3 for its story (except for the rushed ending) and setting. It and Liberation should be fun to dive back into.

And Odyssey sounds like it'll be good too, though I've practically been on a media blackout for it since E3. I just hope it has more and better modern segments and story than Origins did.
I doubt Liberations is actually remastered more than before.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The whole series is on sale on Steam. I picked up Chronicles India & Russia and Syndicate (Gold Edition that includes the Season Pass).

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
okay this place is dead but I'm p. hyped for Odyssey so I'mma post some stuff that's come up in the last few days

Ubi Club rewards:
https://twitter.com/TheCodexNetwork/status/1042023213881073665

Evie can be a lieutenant
https://twitter.com/AccessTheAnimus/status/1042012467394748416

You can have an all-female ship crew
https://twitter.com/AccessTheAnimus/status/1042013749438242816

Fully customizable HUD, not just presets
https://twitter.com/gearnuke/status/1042378926008487936

e: whoops don't know how to embed tweets, but the links are there

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I've just started playing Origins again in hopes of finishing it before Odyssey, it didn't really click with me the first time I played it as I wasn't loving the combat. This time though I'm absolutely loving everything about it.

I've been on a partial media blackout for Odysseg, I've watched the reveal trailer and I know the general theme but that's about it, I'm now incredibly hyper for it!

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've just started playing Origins again in hopes of finishing it before Odyssey, it didn't really click with me the first time I played it as I wasn't loving the combat. This time though I'm absolutely loving everything about it.

I've been on a partial media blackout for Odysseg, I've watched the reveal trailer and I know the general theme but that's about it, I'm now incredibly hyper for it!
The combat felt really weird for me too, at first. Now I love it and I'm completely hooked by the game.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having trouble getting back into Unity... I'm always a completionist in AC and this one has so much shit going on. The worst being the coop missions that you have to win three times each to get every pieces of equipments. Other than that I enjoy the game but I should force myself to focus on the main missions and a few side-quests only. I have trouble with that. There's not even a proper achievements/trophies system for this game on PC so it's just me being stupid.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Odyssey turned out to be pretty good. Kinda miss the whole parkour aspect the game had though. Doing climbing puzzles in grand cathedrals in Florence was great in AC2.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So far I've stayed as much as I could away from Origins and Odyssey videos. So there's less parkour than before, less things to climb?

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wow

Surprised this thread is so small

Anyway, I just beat Syndicate (I think)

This game doesn't have credits does it? I beat the game and killed the big bad, and then the game gives you more missions, and when you complete them...nothing happens?

I just wanted to check that I have actually beaten the game and there isn't something I've missed that triggers credits. I don't really like credits much, but without them there isn't really a sense of the game being over

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure credits should've triggered sometime after you finished the last main mission, been a long time since I played Syndicate though, so can't quite recall. And FWIW, Syndicate is probably my favorite AC game since the Ezio trilogy. Evie was the best.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The trailer for AC3 Remastered has me wanting to get back into the series for at least a bit. Might replay Rogue or the Ezio trilogy again.

Should probably finish Odyssey at some point, but at this rate, I might just start the story from scratch. I haven't played it much in a while.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
A bit surprised too that this thread is so quiet. Anyhow, a question. I have all of the ACs, finished some but have played all and watched my daughter complete several that I haven't. I've been meaning to start playing through the series again but can't decide whether to just start with Origins and do Odyssey (with the intent to do the rest thereafter), start with AC and go all the way through in release order, or start with AC:Odyssey and go in historical order.

I'm favoring the latter, I think, especially as it'll let me play the newest entry first and I've read so much praise for it. Only thing I'm worried about is that the modern day part of the games will be out of order if done in historical order. That and revelations as the series released new entries won't be in order either. So that has me considering starting with the original and just plowing through them, but that'll mean it'll be forever before I get to Odyssey (and whatever else is forthcoming). Maybe having the modern day and revelations out of order isn't a big deal as I'm pretty familiar with most of the lore already (having played -- or watched -- most of the AC games).

blakdeth

Oct 25, 2017
A bit surprised too that this thread is so quiet. Anyhow, a question. I have all of the ACs, finished some but have played all and watched my daughter complete several that I haven't. I've been meaning to start playing through the series again but can't decide whether to just start with Origins and do Odyssey (with the intent to do the rest thereafter), start with AC and go all the way through in release order, or start with AC:Odyssey and go in historical order.

I'm favoring the latter, I think, especially as it'll let me play the newest entry first and I've read so much praise for it. Only thing I'm worried about is that the modern day part of the games will be out of order if done in historical order. That and revelations as the series released new entries won't be in order either. So that has me considering starting with the original and just plowing through them, but that'll mean it'll be forever before I get to Odyssey (and whatever else is forthcoming). Maybe having the modern day and revelations out of order isn't a big deal as I'm pretty familiar with most of the lore already (having played -- or watched -- most of the AC games).

If I were planning on playing the AC games again, I would play them in release order. The prime motivating factor is quality of life features. For example, AC (the original) is going to feel so dated and different after Odyssey and Origins. I would also find it interesting to see how the games themselves have progressed from a design and technology perspective. Finally, I don't think the story warrants playing the games in chronological order. There's not enough connective tissue there to justify it, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.