• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt play the last two but will definitely play this one. Pretty excited.
yum....the early medieval age. if the map info is true, im absolutely hyped for the inclusion of Kiev and eastern europe as I feel in the U.S, that part of the vikings is less known than the English, Western European part.

Please god some trading and etc about Northern European trade links....

Kiev is so far inland, i'd love to see it but it seems like too much work.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Weapon Durability never be a popular feature for sure

Oh wait... You can pay $10 for "time saver" to get rid off those restriction!

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
hope those cities listed are actual cities that are decent sized. for all the scope Odyssey had, Athens was a bit underwhelming to me. big part why i liked the AC games was getting lost in this ancient cities and taking in all that history.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Weapon durability does now come into play

EXTijOo.jpg

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
The next AC being a 4 player co-op game is not the direction I want the franchise to go and yet I'm both not surprised and very sure it's something a lot a of people want. I really didn't think AC could escape Ubisoft's love with co-op games.

And yet if the game is designed with 1 player character in mind with added co-op than it wouldn't be much of an issue.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
By default, I put no faith in random 4chan leaks. If they turn out true, that's amusing - just never expect them to do so.

Saying that, Ubi dropping Stadia would be a real bad sign for Stadia.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4 player drop in, drop out co-op, magic runes, full scale raids?
giphy.gif

Remember when the series was about carrying out subtle kills on real life political targets before escaping into a crowd?

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I just thought, there have been rumours that the next God of War might be called God of War: Fimbulwinter or God of War: Ragnarök... I wonder if the AC game being called Ragnarok changes things over at Sony? That game is still years and years away anyway but still.

Oct 25, 2017
All I want for this game is to not look janky. And I would also like it to just be open world with a lot of meaningful side quests. That's it. Everything else sounds so yeah

ravn0s

Oct 29, 2017
- The map is massive. Like all of northern europe. My source mentioned big cities being York, London, Paris, and kiev. Every kingdom was meant to be really unique.

All of Northern Europe yet York, London and Paris are in Western Europe and Kiev is in Central/Eastern Europe. Either the map is going to be 50 times larger than Odyssey or it is split into mutiple large maps similar to Witcher 3.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Boy, there is a lot in there I don't like. These games are such heavy lifts now and this one seems to actually be BIGGER? Also, the addition of weapon degradation is a big no from me. I used to love AC but damn if I'm not over it now.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
im sure these new consoles will allow ubi to copy paste the same activity ad nauseam over an even bigger copy pasted map

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
everything about that sounds awful

edit: more stealth options sounds promising but I don't expect much

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I liked Odyssey but it was honesty too big. And this is going to include almost the whole Northern Hemisphere?

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Did people actually like the co-op stuff from Unity? The whole point of the game is trying to make your way through an area without blowing your cover. Having 3 other people running around surely would break that. I'm fine if it's still an option, but it seems like a way to introduce more live service stuff into a game that doesn't need it.
Speaking for myself, I adored the co-op in Unity (granted, I mostly played it as a duo Assassin mode, rather than with three other people). Coordinating attacks with each other, syncing kills, combining your own tools and play styles in a variety of ways to progress though the missions, it was all very fun. I was disappointed that Ubisoft didn't iterate on the co-op with Syndicate, so I would be a little excited to see it return in some form.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Lol, what kind of "Europe" is it where York, London, Paris and Kyiv are considered equally "Northern?" Roflmao.

Novgorod, I can buy, sure. Would fit the whole "big cities mostly close to the sea and approachable by dragon ships" motif.

But Kyiv? There was no direct river connection, and the Iranians actually had to drag their boats good 50 clicks or those to get them into the Dnipro river and go south from there. And then you had cities like Smolensk and Chernihiv along the way.

And if you're gonna put in a route from the Baltic Sea to Kyiv, that means you"re also gonna have the entire Baltic Sea coast- and that means not just Scandinavia, but also Denmark, Prussia (the non-germanized as of then), plus the Wendish chiefdoms, and all the cities of the Hanse. Like, there's way more cities in "Northern Europe" than Paris and Kyiv.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
4 player drop in, drop out co-op, magic runes, full scale raids
Remember when the series was about carrying out subtle kills on real life political targets before escaping into a crowd?

Yes. Loved AC1 and 2. Those games hold a special place in my heart just cause they had an identity and clear goals. Now all is an open-world hodge podge which resembles nothing of the original idea behind the series.

im sure these new consoles will allow ubi to copy paste the same activity ad nauseam over an even bigger copy pasted map

myman.gif

Still, I will give this game the benefit of the doubt simply because of the team behind it and it's track record. Maybe a time will come when AC will be a focused game because right now it clearly doesn't know what it wants to be.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised to hear they may be going for an even bigger map considering most of the criticisms of Odyssey was that it was too big and a bit bloated.

Regardless, I'll be there day one for the PS5 version.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
Another 4chan leak... -.-"

AC games are like iPhones these days, too many people work on them all over the world for shit to not leak.

I've loved Origins and Odyssey (320 hours across a few different plays, still need to finish the DLCs) so this will represent one of just a few day-1 purchases for this year for me.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Holy crap, at first I wasn't sure but this sounds really good! I like the idea of Ghost Recon/Assassin's Creed too.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Continues heavy RPG mechanics now including different classes and mild skill tree changes based on class. Player class can be changed by a specific character.

- Combat is upgraded with more weapon types and special abilities for every weapon grouping.- Each weapon can have runes added, be upgraded, and durability increased.

- Weapon durability does now come into play, forcing players to use their weapon pool more effectively and forced to manage a smaller inventory that can be upgraded

- The map is massive. Like all of northern europe. My source mentioned big cities being York, London, Paris, and kiev. Every kingdom was meant to be really unique.
Yuck.

Man, I miss real Assassin's Creed. I wish that they had just forked this off into a new franchise, even one set in the AC universe, and kept going with smaller Rogue style AC titles with that kind of gameplay.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this will be the end of the weak Witcher 3 imitation saga and the truly next-gen AC gives us an actual evolution of the design like AC3, Unity and Origins did. This is by far my least favorite era of AC, I hope the next one goes back to the roots, though who am I kidding, Nubisoft no longer gives a crap about games they can't milk the shit out of :( I miss the Ubisoft that gave us the Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell games so much.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Not to delve too much into those potential story spoilers but so much of that sounds like a almost direct lift from the show Vikings rather than the actual historical information, fragmented it may be. And Vikings itself borders and often invades the realm of history fiction rather than historical fact.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
If this is true, only thing im really curious about its the multiplayer aspect. If you play solo, are you gonna have 3 other AI assholes following you around? Or do they disappear? I dont want a crew of people following me around like they did in Wildlands at launch.

I can deal with the weapon degradation so long as its fair. But if my weapons constantly break and im spending a shit ton of time repairing them, then ya. Thats horse shit.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
It's been a while since I've picked up an AC game (Rogue back in 2014) . If this turns out to be real, it's kind of got my interest (weapon durability aside), so I'll be eager to actually see it.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Everyones hating on Weapon Durability, but y'all loved it in Breath of the Wild.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Everyones hating on Weapon Durability, but y'all loved it in Breath of the Wild.
It was one of the most criticized features of BOTW.

Though it was also kind of integral to the design of BOTW. The completely open approach meant that players could go do a run to find the strongest weapons immediately, so durability was kind of necessary so as not to break the whole balance of the game.

I can't help but distrust Ubisoft a bit here, if this is true. I was one of the ones who found Odyssey grindy and felt like I was being pushed to buy the XP booster. I wouldn't be surprised if we find some "infinite durability" microtransactions or something like that.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
If it's a massive map with MMO style side quests then no thanks, I'll pass. If you're going to emulate the Witcher then do it properly already. If there's no compelling narrative or characters it's all pointless to me.

I totally agree with you on this. I really liked the main story of Odyssey, but all those filler quests were just dull. This is why I was hoping for a shorter map instead of a larger one.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this is true because I really like how all of this sounds with the exception of weapon durability. Fuck weapon durability.

Weapon durability was my one problem with Breath of the Wild.