• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Assassin's Creed Sale on both Xbox & PlayStation (maybe PC & Switch too?), likely because of the AC announcement tomorrow at UbiForward. So if you're itching for some AC, now is the time to jump in.

New lowest prices on:

- Origins+Odyssey+Valhalla Bundle $39.99 (Was $47.99)
- Antiquity Bundle (Origins+Odyssey) $19.99 (Was $24.99)
- Ragnarök Edition (Valhalla+Ragnarök DLC) $34.99 (Was $44.99)
- Valhalla Ragnarök Expansion $19.99 (Was $25.99)
- Valhalla Complete Edition $48.99 (Was $62.99)
- Valhalla Deluxe $26.39 (Was $31.99)
- Valhalla Base $19.79 (Was $23.99)
- Odyssey Gold Edition $19.99 (Was $24.99)
- Odyssey Season Pass $15.99 (Was $19.99)

PlayStation
psdeals.net

Results for "Assassin's Creed" in PlayStation Store (↓Best match) — PS Deals USA

Subscribe and receive instant notifications when game in your watchlist becomes cheaper. Best price guaranteed! Try today - it's FREE!

Xbox
xbdeals.net

Results for "Assassin's Creed" in Xbox Microsoft Store (↓Best match) — XB Deals USA

Subscribe and receive instant notifications when game in your watchlist becomes cheaper. Best price guaranteed! Try today - it's FREE!

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks op! I assume none of these have whatever the best version of Liberation is playable on ps5?

Edit:
Nvm, just saw ac3 on sale. Worth the $10?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
That price is a lot more fitting for Ragnarok. The expansion is a lot smaller and less essential than Odyssey's Fate of Atlantis, which consisted of three completely different areas for 25$, while Ragnarok had the one area with little to nothing of relevance happening for 40?

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks op! I assume none of these have whatever the best version of Liberation is playable on ps5?

Edit:
Nvm, just saw ac3 on sale. Worth the $10?
Remember that AC3 and Liberation are included with the AC Odyssey season pass if you're interested in that. That's probably how most people will get the games, not paying for them separately.

AC3 is one of the worst in the series but it's also essential to know how Desmond's story ends so it's up to you.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
That price is a lot more fitting for Ragnarok. The expansion is a lot smaller and less essential than Odyssey's Fate of Atlantis, which consisted of three completely different areas for 25$, while Ragnarok had the one area with little to nothing of relevance happening for 40?
I wanted to buy it...is it that bad? Haha

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I'd consider Ragnarok but the reviews were weak and I never finsished the season pass. It's funny, if the original game was not dragging for hours I'd probably crave for more, ubi made a game so big people want no more of it lol.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I quit Valhalla about halfway through and only doing a couple of quests in Asgard, are the DLCs better than the main game and worth playing? Is there cool Assassin/Norse god stuff or mostly viking shenanigans?

Ltn_Esteves

Feb 4, 2021
I will wait for tomorrow to see if something ends up in gamepass, if not I may get the Ezio trilogy because of the fps boost

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to buy it...is it that bad? Haha

It's not bad, it's just that the original price point suggested something about the scope of the game which just wasn't true. I still think that Fate of Atlantis was a lot better, but at this price point it's a lot more sensible. If you liked the mystic stuff of Valhalla, you'll like this, too.

I quit Valhalla about halfway through and only doing a couple of quests in Asgard, are the DLCs better than the main game and worth playing? Is there cool Assassin/Norse god stuff or mostly viking shenanigans?

Wrath of the Druids & Siege of Paris are exclusively viking story, Dawn of Ragnarok is exclusively Norse God stuff.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Valhalla's DLC is very much more of the same but in new locations. They each add something slightly new to the formula, but no additions/changes drastic enough that will make you a convert to the gameplay if the base game bored you. So it will really come down to:

1) Does the core gameplay interest you enough to be happy playing more of it?
2) Do any of the new locations interest you? Ireland, Paris, Svartalfheim.

If you can answer "yes" to the above, then you'll be fine with them. The level of enthusiasm to your "yes" response will dictate the price you should buy in at =P

EDIT: To answer your Q about the content of the expansions (Assassin/Norse gods or just Viking stuff) - Ireland and Paris mostly focus on the Viking history of the areas, and Svartalfheim is Norse god themed. If you wanted an Assassin themed DLC, that has been spun-off into its own game, Mirage, getting a proper reveal tomorrow.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
For Xbox people, the following games run at 60fps:

Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360 ver)
Assassin's Creed III Remastered
Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered
Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection
Assassin's Creed Unity

On both platforms,

Assassin's Creed Origins
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Unfortunately Black Flag and Syndicate appear to be stuck at 30fps.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Btw did anyone else notice the xbox menu icon of Origins changed?

old:

new:
apps.16650.63657969076271726.d61cc1bb-fe99-40ef-b061-bded231757be.0c7206b9-1271-4373-8939-3527297d7390

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
20 buckaroos is a great price for Origins and Odyssey. I enjoyed both thoroughly.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Remember that AC3 and Liberation are included with the AC Odyssey season pass if you're interested in that. That's probably how most people will get the games, not paying for them separately.
That's really good advice!

Also worth noting here, there are some rumours of Origins getting a big push tomorrow, possibly with new free crossover DLC with Valhalla like Odyssey received not too long ago.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wrath of the Druids & Siege of Paris are exclusively viking story, Dawn of Ragnarok is exclusively Norse God stuff.
Valhalla's DLC is very much more of the same but in new locations. They each add something slightly new to the formula, but no additions/changes drastic enough that will make you a convert to the gameplay if the base game bored you. So it will really come down to:

1) Does the core gameplay interest you enough to be happy playing more of it?
2) Do any of the new locations interest you? Ireland, Paris, Svartalfheim.

If you can answer "yes" to the above, then you'll be fine with them. The level of enthusiasm to your "yes" response will dictate the price you should buy in at =P

EDIT: To answer your Q about the content of the expansions (Assassin/Norse gods or just Viking stuff) - Ireland and Paris mostly focus on the Viking history of the areas, and Svartalfheim is Norse god themed. If you wanted an Assassin themed DLC, that has been spun-off into its own game, Mirage, getting a proper reveal tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess I can stop trying to force myself to like the new games... I liked Origins and its DLCs, I had to basically force myself to finish Odyssey because I wanted to see how the story ended (it was absolutely not worth it), then I finished the first DLC (also not worth it) and just kind of got tired after a couple of missions in the first Atlantis DLC. With Valhalla I finished like 2/3 of the story and again got burned out. I'm looking forward to Mirage very much, I miss classic AC, the last 2 games both felt like Great Value The Witcher 3.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about Valhalla Complete Edition, but I still need to play Watch Dogs Legion sometime. I suppose I can wait another six months for a lower price.

*Self: stop buying open world games and then pile them on the backlog*

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Is Assassin's Creed III Remastered a decent remaster, or is it just some basic color grading change?

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Those prices just make me think they'll hit PS+ Ubisoft Classics soon.
Valhalla's already there and Origins is confirmed for later in September. With most of the other PS4 games already being there, the only PS4/PS5 AC games that aren't on the service already are Syndicate, Odyssey and ACIII/Liberation.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Is Assassin's Creed III Remastered a decent remaster, or is it just some basic color grading change?
It's decent from what I played, though it's definitely just a boost in resolution/framerate. It also includes the remaster of the Vita game AC: Liberation though, as well as all of the DLC.

The remaster is also included in the Odyssey Season Pass for 5 dollars more, if you were curious about that.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
It's a mostly good remaster. Aside from the obvious higher resolutions, there's lighting and reflection changes (lighting is more accurate but this sometimes has effects that don't appear to have been intended - making some scenes look odd), new outfits (from later AC games), slight gameplay tweaks to make low profile play a bit more natural, and - super importantly - the idiotic menu system from ACIII that required you to go into a separate screen to change weapons has been changed into an on-screen overlay. There's a bunch of smaller tweaks as well. Sadly it's still fully locked to 30FPS on last-gen consoles and on PS5, but it's still a big improvement over previous versions of ACIII.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Are those Ubi Game Pass rumors credible?

I honestly think I might just hold off now to wait and see.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
Been waiting on Odyssey + gameplay dlcs since forever it seems, but this price still ain't it, I think. EU/SEK conversion ain't amazing either imo.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Are the DLCs recommended for Origins and Odyssey?

Thinking of grabbing the Antiquity pack with just the base game

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
even on the cheapest it has ever been and like 67% off valhalla is still way too expensive in brazil. 209 reais, thanks but no thanks

RyanPrime_

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

Assassin's Creed Unity

On both platforms,

Assassin's Creed Origins
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Xbox really seems like the best place to play the older games, shame they aren't 60fps on PS too

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Syndicate season pass worth it for 9 dollars?
The bulk of it is the Jack the Ripper stuff, which I thought was fine but not particularly outstanding. Unless you're stuck for stuff to play, you'll probably find better value elsewhere.

Are the DLCs recommended for Origins and Odyssey?

Thinking of grabbing the Antiquity pack with just the base game
Both Origins DLCs are pretty good (the first DLC is really just more of the same game in a new area, but the second DLC is a bit more imaginative and interesting).

The first Odyssey DLC is very poor - making narrative choices so bad that Ubisoft had to patch them to try to fix some of the mistakes, but also not adding anything worthwhile in terms of gameplay. The Atlantis DLC is a lot better, and, like Trials of the Pharaohs for Origins, is more imaginative and gives you very different settings to the main game. Bear in mind that if you buy Odyssey's DLC as a season pass you also get ACIII and Liberation.

Given the length of the base games of both Origins and Odyssey, getting both of them as a pack for US$20 is going to get you a massive amount of content. Unless you have enormous amounts of free time to spend gaming, then that will be enough to keep you playing just those two games for months. You're not going to feel like they lack for content without the DLC packs. So if you're not sure about the DLC or not, grab the Antiquity pack for now, and see how much you enjoy them. If you like them, the DLC will be on sale later anyway. If you don't like them, no point in worrying about the DLC.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil

Assassin's Creed Unity

On both platforms,

Assassin's Creed Origins
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

THANK YOU!

I came to ask this question.

A shame about Black Flag and Syndicate, as I wanted to replay both. I have all AC games on PS5, but Unity is only 60fps on Xbox, so I'll get that, as that's the one, along with Rogue, that I've never played.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of content you get with the Odyssey Gold Edition is insane. Odyssey + DLC is nuts on its own, but then you get AC3 Remastered and Liberation with it. You can argue the quality of content all day, but quantity is undoubtedly there and for only $20

THANK YOU!

I came to ask this question.

A shame about Black Flag and Syndicate, as I wanted to replay both. I have all AC games on PS5, but Unity is only 60fps on Xbox, so I'll get that, as that's the one, along with Rogue, that I've never played.

I think you can get 60fps in Unity on PS5 if you have the disc and don't apply any updates. Far from ideal obviously, but it's technically possible fwiw

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I think you can get 60fps in Unity on PS5 if you have the disc and don't apply any updates. Far from ideal obviously, but it's technically possible fwiw
I knew about that, but given the state of the game at launch, I don't think playing without the updates is a good idea lol

But in any case I have the game digital on PS5, and it's way cheaper and easier to get Unity on Xbox for 5$.

I'm gonna wait till the announcement tomorrow though, who knows, maybe they'll announce a patch for Unity and Syndicate as part of the anniversary celebrations.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I knew about that, but given the state of the game at launch, I don't think playing without the updates is a good idea lol

But in any case I have the game digital on PS5, and it's way cheaper and easier to get Unity on Xbox for 5$.

I'm gonna wait till the announcement tomorrow though, who knows, maybe they'll announce a patch for Unity and Syndicate as part of the anniversary celebrations.

Yep no doubt, if you've already got an Xbox then that's a no brainer tbh

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I see the Antiquity Bundle at 100$ for the US and I don't see it at all for my country 😢

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did the Unity next gen patch add any bells and whistles beyond 4k/60? I have it on pc but would prefer XSX if it looks comparable to pc on high/max.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I tend to pick up each AC game's Complete Edition years after launch at a discount and get around to them a few years after that. I still haven't started on Odyssey but have been looking for a good deal on Valhalla's Complete Edition. If this is the best it's ever been, then I'm waiting a few years more. Even at -55% off and 81$ CAD is wayyyyyyyyy too much for a 2 year old game with MTX.

Last edited: