• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty cool. Black Flag is a great game.
Shame about the multiplayer though. I played a load of that.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Good AC games, will be tempted to buy these. I've not been impressed with the suspiciously grindy Origins and Odyssey, so some old style AC on the go will go down well with me.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
You know, I'm jealous of people who are going to play this back to back for the first time. Rogue is a great sequel to Black Flag and the closest this franchise had been to a "Empire Strikes Bad". Of course the plot is resolved on ACIII.

Any action adventure fan should. Play this.

Just disable the minimap and as. Much of the hud as you want. The AC games have the awful custum of spelling the game for you on the hud so at the end of the day you don't pay attention to what's going on on-screen.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Can I buy Rogue separately? I have played Black Flag at around PS4 launch and I don't have the need to replay it.

Oct 26, 2017

No surprise. Liberation HD was a Vita game so of course that was going to be small enough to fit on a cart with AC3 (hell I was shocked it did at all). Black Flag and Rogue are full-fledged PS360 games. Putting two on a 16Gb cart was never going to happen, and there's NO way they'd even consider a 32GB cart without Nintendo possibly footing the bill which is what many speculate IIRC for The Witcher 3 because of how massive of a deal it is.

What worries me is if this will be a stupid FF X/X-2 scenario where the code is treated as DLC. It's useless since used copies may never be complete without a working code, and folks can't just sell/give the other game away. However that might've been due to that being based on the PS4 version which was a native 2-pack, rather than the Vita version being two separate games. Rebel is a unique 2-pack for Switch based on separate games. It should be fine here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What worries me is if this will be a stupid FF X/X-2 scenario where the code is treated as DLC. It's useless since used copies may never be complete without a working code, and folks can't just sell/give the other game away. However that might've been due to that being based on the PS4 version which was a native 2-pack, rather than the Vita version being two separate games. Rebel is a unique 2-pack for Switch based on separate games. It should be fine here.
i can't imagine it being like ff10/10-2, it'll most likely be like spyro.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Only the European or also the American?
If Rogue is a download in Europe, anyone interested in the game should expect that to be the case in other regions as well.

Also, why not use a bigger cart, Witcher is going to do so :/
That would result in a substantial cost increase. The economics of a collection of old Assassin's Creed games (that costs probably €40) are not the same as the economics of The Witcher 3.

Deleted member 50761

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Only just realised this is a thing and it's coming to Switch, AC BF was my favourite AC game. Only played it once back in November 2013 so not sure if I will buy again..

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
The fact there's a special banner makes me think it's a code in a box which is preferable. It at least gives a use for Rogue should folks not want it.

You won't be able to play Rogue without having Black Flag, which means you won't be able to give it away.

There's just one icon to launch both games, so it'll be like FFX/X-2.

2929.png

Oct 27, 2017
Never played Black Flag. What makes it so good?
How's the atmosphere of the game? Is there a night/day cycle? I love sunsets in games. :)

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Never played Black Flag. What makes it so good?
How's the atmosphere of the game? Is there a night/day cycle? I love sunsets in games. :)
It's a mostly-pirate-styled game (plus standard AC lore) set around the Caribbean - so you've got the tropical islands, a sunny world occasionally interrupted with massive storms, a ship you can (mostly) freely sail around that world, and a crew who you can recruit who'll sail with you, sing songs on deck, and fight by your side in naval combat.

And yes, there's a day/night cycle. You can get some idea of the time and weather cycles and how they affect the game's atmosphere from time lapse videos like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZQHbozIMF4

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Black Flag is one of the best AC games (maybe my favourite).

Rogue is very good, pretty underrated since it came out on last gen consoles and was the side dish in the shadow of AC Unity, which itself got bad press. A lot of people just overlooked it. It's pretty similar to Black Flag gameplay wise, but with a very different setting and a protagonist unlike any other in the series.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Only the European or also the American? Also, why not use a bigger cart, Witcher is going to do so :/
they're not voluntarily losing money in the US. all regions or nothing. Why not use a bigger card? because it's massively expensive and Witcher 3 is a prestige port for Nintendo which they're probably cutting Bamco a deal for.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
The plot thickens (not really? 🤔).

As they still have the previous cover without the partial download info banner, I went to the Amazon.com listing and directly asked if both games are on cartdridge. I was expecting a generic answer (This is a cartdridge version or something along those lines) or no response at all.

Well, Ubisoft Support gave a very concrete response:

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx2HELF4TA3WE78/

I still don't trust that they will be using a different cartdrige size in USA, but 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The plot thickens (not really? 🤔).

As they still have the previous cover without the partial download banner info, I went to the Amazon.com listing and directly asked if both games are on cartdridge. I was expecting a generic answer (This is a cartdridge version or something along those lines) or no response at all.

Well, Ubisoft Support gave a very concrete response:

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx2HELF4TA3WE78/

I still don't trust that they will be using a different cartdrige size in USA, but 🤷‍♂️
curiouser and curiouser...

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Would you guys jump to this skipping 3 and Liberation? Only played 1 and 2 back in the day.
Unless you really want to dedicate yourself to a series playthrough, it's fine to play this ahead of (or just instead of) III and Liberation. Both as a game and as a re-introduction to the series after potentially 10 years, IV is a lot better than III.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! I follow the saga but had no idea it was a prequel lol.
Only the historical parts are a prequel to AC3. The modern/overarching storyline is a sequel to it. And Rogue is entirely a sequel to AC4, though the historical story is still a prequel to the one in AC3.

If you play AC4 first, there will still be spoilers for AC3, and Rogue has spoilers for all the games that came before it.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
so its dead. fantastic :(
Officially no, it was announced for a 2018 release which was delayed to 2019 and then 2020.

Unofficially...well, we haven't had any significant new media since E3 2018, and the last news of any kind was the last delay. Ubisoft don't commonly publicly announce games and then cancel them (it has happened, just not often) so I think it's likely that something will emerge sometime, but it's anyone's guess at this stage.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! A lotta good content for the price.

Let's hope performance/Audio quality is good.
Hopefully they learned from the Switch port of AC3. It had poor audio at launch, but they patched it in August with higher-quality audio. Performance and bugs still leave something to be desired, though.

DJtal

Oct 30, 2017
Capetown / South Africa
Get black flag if you haven't played it. It's one of my best Assassin's Creed games. Got it on physical and digital on PS4 and gifted a few copies to friends.
It's very good!

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Assuming the ports are good, $40 would be a great deal for this as they are two of the best AC games (4 is arguably the best) and full of content. Not to mention Freedom Cry.

Problem is, I'm not too confident the ports are going to be good.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
So is Freedom cry included then?
Yes, and the Aveline single mission. That mission not exactly a huge amount of content but it's nice that it's there anyway.

Is this £40 on the eshop?
Probably this will be the same price as ACII Remastered in most countries. That'd mean €40. Last year that somehow translated into a price of £30 in the UK. Whether that'll be £30 this year or go up to £35 or similar, I guess you'll need to wait and see, since there's no eShop listing yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.