• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
background:
Ubisoft donates 500.000€ to the reconstruction after a fire destroyed Notre-Dame. Assassin's Creed Unity (which plays in Paris and Notre-Dame) is free to keep on the uPlay-store until the 25th (but not on Steam)

40nEIMZ.png

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, as well intentioned as these "reviews" might be, it's just further proof of how ill thought out this system is.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surely Valve wont let this off topic review bombing stand?

"We define an off-topic review bomb as one where the focus of those reviews is on a topic that we consider unrelated to the likelihood that future purchasers will be happy if they buy the game, and hence not something that should be added to the Review Score. "

Reviews seem off topic and unrelated to the quality of the game.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So that's how you gonna reverse the bad mouth of that entry, huh, Ubisoft. All according to keikaku...

/S

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm bit surprised it didn't get negative review bombed by entitled crybabies crying about it being free just days after it had massive sale despite Steam offering refunds if you're under 14days/2hours.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
I mean, as well intentioned as these "reviews" might be, it's just further proof of how ill thought out this system is.

Its perfectly thought out. Review bombing can be taken out now. And this type of thing is one of the only ways consumers can make themselves heard. It had tangible effect multiple times.

Its a fantastic system. How people still make comments like this is mind numbing

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Further proof the system is broken, none of these reviews have any relevance to the quality of the game.

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Not sure how this will go down.

Mediocre reviews for a shitty game? *Publicly announce a donation*

Overwhelming positive overnight. Win win

(Not saying this was ubis intention but money talks)

Delete please.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm bit surprised it didn't get negative review bombed by entitled crybabies crying about it being free just days after it had massive sale despite Steam offering refunds if you're under 14days/2hours.
I'm not surprised people still find ways to shit on PC gamers even in feel-good threads like this one.

Izzwan

Oct 27, 2017
Malaysia
I heard Unity's a pretty decent game after all the patches, these reviews may encourage people to give it another look.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanna point out that to review a game in Steam you need to own it and Ubisoft is giving away uPlay copies of the game (which are not connected to Steam). So there is no connection with the free giveaway from Ubi.

The game is better than at launch and with more powerful hardware, it shouldnt be as... buggy.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I'm not surprised people still find ways to shit on PC gamers even in feel-good threads like this one.
Are you that invested into your ecosystem that you feel shat on whenever people are mildly critical about it?

No one's arguing against Ubisoft doing this. I too love it when corporation gives back to support a genuine cause and considering Ubi is french it's kind of a given to see them pour out support for their culture

At the second time...review bombing with bullshit irrelevant to the game is still, believe it or not, kind of bad. It's one thing to use the platform to air out grievances , ironically enough which happened to this very same game, but hey

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just sitting here thinking about how some of you would spin this in a negative way, but you all beat me to it. Christ.
Not sure how this will go down.

Mediocre reviews for a shitty game? *Publicly announce a donation*

Overwhelming positive overnight. Win win

(Not saying this was ubis intention but money talks)

Delete please.
Just when I think these boards can't get any more negative.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I'm hard pressed to believe that Ubi is very concerned about the reception of a five year old game......

I guess this is the thing that really bums me out at the end of the day. Ubisoft doesn't really care either way about this instance. They're doing this because it's part of their culture that needs to be preserved.

SprachBrooks

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure why Valve should keep these reviews considering how irrelevant they are relative to the game, they're merely reactions to positive PR on Ubisoft's part.

Ghost305

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
My thoughts exactly.

Feelings of Ubisoft "doing the right thing" should be expressed, but not in user reviews. That has nothing to do with the quality of the game itself.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Incidentally, this is also the best Assassin's Creed game since the first one IMO, not counting Origins and Odyssey (because I haven't played those).

Very well deserved.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I heard Unity's a pretty decent game after all the patches, these reviews may encourage people to give it another look.

Aside from what the patches fixed, the other big problem was its performance but five years later with better hardware that's not as much of an issue anymore. So, yea it's a better game now than when it initially released.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Valve will exclude these reviews as they are not related to the actual game itself at all.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People re-evaluating a piece of media because of real world events is a completely valid review.

I think the point is that these reviews do not represent how good the game is, but people's opinion on the behaviour of the developer/publisher. Which is generally the problem with negative review bombs.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
The negative view on ERA about user reviews just highlight a shocking truth:
A lot of users never read reviews. Including from profesionnal outlets but only care about the score.

That's the only plausible way to explain why some people are unable to use the review system.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The negative view on ERA about user reviews just highlight a shocking truth:
A lot of users never read reviews. Including from profesionnal outlets but only care about the score.

That's the only plausible way to explain why some people are unable to use the review system.
Sounds about right.

Either that or they're all to willing to have their voice taking away.

Fuck getting rid of user reviews.