• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
So dualsense features are not exclusive to Playstation 5? That's cool for PC games.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
It's a bummer that this stuff is currently limited to using USB, as far as I know. Even without the game specific additions, just having the haptics is nice. OBS lets audio based haptics work, and it works pretty darn well for lots of games. Hopefully Steam input is looking to implement something like that, limited to a game's audio so that it doesn't accidentally pick up music too.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bleh, wired only again. Wonder if there's even a possible solution for it wirelessly.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Tested and working here.

Not super surprising, historically Ubi PC games had full DS4 functionality.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Bleh, wired only again. Wonder if there's even a possible solution for it wirelessly.

Apparently some of it might be an issue of Windows Bluetooth audio being in a bad state, hence the need for the official dongles for last gen controllers to get wireless audio through the controller. There is definitely people working on documenting and figuring out how the Dualsense's features work though.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently some of it might be an issue of Windows Bluetooth audio being in a bad state, hence the need for the official dongles for last gen controllers to get wireless audio through the controller. There is definitely people working on documenting and figuring out how the Dualsense's features work though.

I wonder how far Valve went with testing and implementing it in Steam Controller API. I know that they reached basic functionality but there was some talk from Discord server from someone at Valve that they are looking into doing more.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I wonder how far Valve went with testing and implementing it in Steam Controller API. I know that they reached basic functionality but there was some talk from Discord server from someone at Valve that they are looking into doing more.

Perhaps they want to add a lot of the features in bulk, if possible. It'd be cool if they could hook it to the Steam BPM UI so that it uses the features in certain situations, or at least used haptics whenever BPM made UI sounds or something.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
That's cool, but the dualsense functionality is pretty minimal. If this is your first game using it, don't expect to be blown away. Best use in the game is probably the splash of jumping in the water.

wayward

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone on PC actually tried this? I got a dualsense controller yesterday to try it out but it doesn't seem to be working. Just some pushback on the right trigger when using a bow, slight rumblings from a heavy attack but no rumble for going in the water. The controller doesn't rumble or use its haptics for anything else.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Anyone on PC actually tried this? I got a dualsense controller yesterday to try it out but it doesn't seem to be working. Just some pushback on the right trigger when using a bow, slight rumblings from a heavy attack but no rumble for going in the water. The controller doesn't rumble or use its haptics for anything else.
I don't know if it works for you or not, but fyi Valhalla has one of the worst DualSense implementations of any game I've played that has had some. There really isn't much going on to a point where the use of haptics/triggers feels almost nonexistent. Like if a good implementation is 10/10, Valhalla is definitely a 1/10.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
There's not much there. There's touchpad support in the map as well but it doesn't work well.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I don't know if it works for you or not, but fyi Valhalla has one of the worst DualSense implementations of any game I've played that has had some. There really isn't much going on to a point where the use of haptics/triggers feels almost nonexistent. Like if a good implementation is 10/10, Valhalla is definitely a 1/10.

Yeah, I was interested in hearing feedback from PC users just to see if there was any improvement over the ps5 version, which is absolutely meh. Sounds like it's similar, which is a shame.