• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With how stupid is the world nowaydays, I really wish to enter Valhalla.

Been replaying Odyssey and I still kinda enjoy it. I just wish they hadn't gone too much on the fantastic stuff and that they fine tune the combat & animations.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the title should include that it's a cinematic trailer. I got my hopes up that we might be seeing some next-gen game footage.

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot how beautiful Jesper Kyd's song was.

My wife couldn't care less about gaming but even she was asking me what it was while I was chilling to it yesterday.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
I've just started Odyssey because this is all going on.

There's always something nice about playing a new Assassin's Creed on a new platform. The first game I had when I got my PS3, Black Flag was the first PS4 game I had with it, and Liberation I bought with my Vita.

So hopefully this turns out great, because I'd love to continue this trend with the PS5.

Also watching the stream yesterday, the AC music has always been fantastic, the Ezio family track was always a favourite, and I love all the variations we've had over the years now it's essentially the series theme.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I'm really excited for this one. Can't wait to play as a bad-ass braided shield maiden with amazing facial paintings. Also the early middle ages is something they haven't yet touched upon and love to see more rural locations and small villages and communities.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately I was deeply disappointed by both Origins and Odyssey. I simply don't like the new formula (too dispersive, incredible amount of boring fillers, antagonists introduced just as targets, difficulty barriers that do not follow the natural progression of the game, main plot that seems interesting at first just to lose steam the more you get into the game, present day stuff that has no purpose because they don't know where to take the story after the Desmond trilogy).
If this is a reskinned Odyssey with vikings I will totally pass.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really look forward for their take on Norse mythology. I loved that setting in age of mythology. Egypt was stunning in Origins.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I platinumed Odyssey and could happily do the same for Origins, so I can't wait for this.

Glad we can choose our gender again, if only because there's double the chance of a great performance from one of the characters.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I platinumed Odyssey and could happily do the same for Origins, so I can't wait for this.

Glad we can choose our gender again, if only because there's double the chance of a great performance from one of the characters.

Or they could pick one and cast amazing actor and deliver amazing performance :D

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
The setting is lame (would've preferred ancient China or Japan) but whatever, I'll probably still check it out since I'm a sucker for these games and Ubisoft always delivers on creating amazing worlds.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's gonna be bonkers in like 2028 when we get the 16K Assassin's Creed RPG collection, Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla remastered in 16K for PS6 and XB Series X2, all for 60 dollars

Absolutely drenched in content

K1ng P3n

Dec 15, 2018
I'm hoping that after the trailer we get just a small snippet of gameplay to tease what we're gonna get to see next week.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
In terms of differences between the next gen and current gen version, it's an interesting one.

Don't automatically assume 60fps, everything else is much easier to crank up without as much testing.

I remember a ton of 3rd party cross gen games were 30fps on PS4/X1

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Or they could pick one and cast amazing actor and deliver amazing performance :D
It's not mutually exclusive. Kassandra's VA was nominated for acting at the VGAs that year, same as Bayek was last year, the game still had cinematics comprised that were made using top of the line performance capture. Like with a set protagonist. Each actor were allowed to put themselves in the role despite having the same material, resulting in two distinct personalities and delivery. That's the important bit, because in games like say, Halo Reach, the delivery and acting direction given is the same game. So what's the issue?

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Really hoping this isnt just another reskin of Origins

I liked Origins but they need to do something different