• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Main OT

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
vgq4j2D.gif

8FGnup1.png

cEHj7He.png

YbZrEbr.png

jaTG1ND.png

MmqjAmU.png

0weiJcQ.png

pBhhgI2.jpg

rDBdbhT.png

Last edited:
Text Only OT
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
xTma568.png

TEXT ONLY OT

INFORMATION
Become Eivor, a Viking raider raised to be a fearless warrior, and lead your clan from icy desolation in Norway to a new home amid the lush farmlands of ninth-century England. Find your settlement and conquer this hostile land by any means to earn a place in Valhalla.

England in the age of the Vikings is a fractured nation of petty lords and warring kingdoms. Beneath the chaos lies a rich and untamed land waiting for a new conqueror. Will it be you?

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher: Ubisoft
Writer: Darby McDevitt & Thierry Noël
Release Date: November 10, 2020
Genre: Action role-playing
Mode: Single-player
Platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, Windows (Epic Games Store & Ubisoft Connect) and Stadia

YOUR LEGACY
WRITE YOUR VIKING SAGA

Blaze your own path across England with advanced RPG mechanics. Fight brutal battles, lead fiery raids or use strategy and alliances with other leaders to bring victory. Every choice you make in combat and conversation is another step on the path to greatness.

LEAD EPIC RAIDS
Lead a crew of raiders and launch lightning-fast surprise attacks against Saxon armies and fortresses. Claim the riches of your enemies' lands for your clan and expand your influence far beyond your growing settlement.

ENGAGE IN VISCERAL COMBAT
Unleash the ruthless fighting style of a Viking warrior as you dual-wield axes, swords, or even shields against relentless foes. Decapitate opponents in close-quarters combat, riddle them with arrows, or assassinate them with your Hidden Blade

YOUR WORLD
GROW YOUR SETTLEMENT

Your clan's new home grows with your legend. Customise your settlement by building upgradable structures. Unlock new features and quests by constructing a barracks, a blacksmith, a tattoo parlour, and much more.

SHARE YOUR CUSTOM RAIDER
Recruit mercenary Vikings designed by other players or create and customise your own to share online. Sit back and reap the rewards when they fight alongside your friends in their game worlds.

Click here to see the different versions of the game and purchasing options

Click here to see post launch content, including the Season Pass

OT BY iFIREZ

Q7bNIKE.png

A MESSAGE FROM THE OT CREATOR
Those eagle eyed among you (talking about you 2Blackcats), may have noticed a mistake yesterday. I posted this OT… early and in an unlinked/finished state. When I posted that I hadn't even done one piece of design for the OT yet. To cut the story short - JayC3 locked the thread quickly but its remnants can still be found in the discarded mistakes of my embarrassment. But here it is, the OT is ready… in a speedy fashion at that. I only took on the claim of this OT on Friday night and in less than 48 hours here is what I've whipped up. It is much more 'content-lite' than my usual OTs but hey we all just want to get to playing and not looking at the OT anyway right? My friend Phoenics actually pinged me on Discord on Friday night and alerted me to a few OTs without claims yet so I checked with a few people who I thought would maybe have those OTs cooking but I found Valhalla to be OT Creator-less, so I took up the challenge… 2 days to make an OT. Faster than I've ever made an OT before for reference, which is why things like the animated header and such are much more basic and I'm reusing some of Ubisoft's own designs for some elements such as the versions and season pass images… just to save some time.

Oh also, I couldn't really ask and poll for the OT title in such a quick turn around so I decided to go with "By Odin's Beard" a reference to my favourite hammer throwing god in the MCU.

I actually expected the Ghost of Tsushima: Legends OT to be my final OT of the year, especially as Halo Infinite had been pushed to next year but I thought hey… one more won't hurt. We have a crazy busy month ahead of us with game releases, console releases and much more in the wider world too. So, just to sign this off… stay safe everyone and enjoy whatever game you choose to escape from reality… even for a little bit.

iFirez OTs: Anthem | The Outer Worlds | Darksiders Genesis | Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX | Animal Crossing: New Horizons OT1 OT2 OT3 OT4 | Homeworld Franchise | Ghost of Tsushima | Marvel's Avengers | Ghost of Tsushima: Legends | Assassin's Creed Valhalla
OTs I've collaborated on: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order | Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

Everyone should keep an eye out soon for vestan 's Demon's Souls OT, Aurc 's Miles Morales OT and the Cyberpunk 2077 OT by Black Chamber and vestan with a little something by me sprinkled on top. Thanks again to everyone who supports my OTs - this year has been an amazing journey with the OTs I've posted and I can't wait to show you what I have cooking up for some games next year. See you all in Valhalla!

- Your friendly neighbourhood OT Creator

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
YES
Fantastic OT once again!

First time jumping in on launch so gonna be fun

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Good job op. Going to be unlocking this early via vpn tomorrow evening and getting stuck in.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Excellent OT. I wasn't actually planning on grabbing this at launch but the more andninsee and hear of it the more I'm thinking I'm just gonna dice on right away. Lots to be done!

ket

Jul 27, 2018
the game is solid so far. i dont like the raiding aspect though. it makes me feel kinda bad lol

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
gonna start my playthrough on PC then switch over to PS5 when it arrives on the 19th (europe).

hopefully the cross platform save thing will work as advertised

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
This will be my first Series X game and first AC since the very 1st one . Can't wait .

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Fantastic OT! Really excited to start this maybe tomorrow if the VPN trick works again.

Assassin's Creed is my comfort food and I love vikings, so this is perfect for me right now.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT! The 10 extra bucks for the Ultimate Edition feel they're not worth it.

And hoping performances on PS4 Pro are on par with Odyssey!

toph

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't planning on getting it. Loved Origins and Odyssey, but liked this setting less. After watching the GB quick look decided to pick up on PS5 at launch. Looking forward to it.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
I raise a horn of ale to a fine OT indeed iFirez

This is the most hyped I've been for a new Creed since AC 2! I'm an Essex boy lol so curious to see how much of my home county is represented in game 😊

Nov 17, 2019
So what weapon combinations are you all gonna use? I'm going to go great sword but I may also dual-wield one with a spear so I can feel like isshin from sekiro

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Im not much of a fan of vikings and the area we are gonna travel is not going to be interesting enough architectural wise (and thats something i love from AC), but i got surprised when buying my AMD CPU gave me the game for free (I was not gonna buy it, even if I played every main AC released) so at least im gonna try to give it a shot.

Thought still, not a fan of the AC3 vibes this game is giving me.

Wasn't planning on getting it. Loved Origins and Odyssey, but liked this setting less. After watching the GB quick look decided to pick up on PS5 at launch. Looking forward to it.
This sounds like me, what was interesting on the GB footage that you deicded to buy it?

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Cool ass OT and so fucking in
YES
Fantastic OT once again!
One again, great work iFirez! Brilliant OT!
I raise a horn of ale to a fine OT indeed iFirez
Excellent OT. Thanks a lot for its creation.
Fantastic OT and glad we have one in place.
Thanks all! I put this OT together in roughly 24 hours so it's not as content rich as my other OTs but I'm glad people are still liking it. I felt like the game needed an OT and there was no claim for it in the OT thread so I quickly put it together.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
I'll 100% get this the moment I get a PS5 but sadly, I don't know when that's going to happen. So frustrating!

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Probably worth a mention for saves for people upgrading from PS4 to PS5

This is for Watch Dogs Legion but I am sure the same system will be in place for Valhalla

If you would like to transfer your saved game between the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation 5, you will need to upload your save to the cloud on your original platform and then load your cloud save onto your new platform.

Please note, to make use of this feature, you need to have your Ubisoft account linked to your PlayStation account.

To upload your save to the cloud:

• Open the main menu on your original platform.
• Select Campaign, then Upload Save.
The Upload Save option will be greyed out if your Ubisoft and PlayStation accounts are not linked.
• Select the save you want to upload.
If you have an existing cloud save, you will be asked to confirm the upload.
Your save file will now upload to the cloud.

To load your cloud save:

• Open the main menu on the platform you want to move your save to.
• Select Campaign, then Load Cloud Save.
• Choose the save you want to play.
Your saved game is now ready to play.

Launch your saved game as normal to start playing on your new platform.

darthshot

Oct 24, 2019
Great job on the OT!

As anyone seen any footage for PS5 yet? Is it under embargo?

I'm on the fence between buying it for PS5 or give my i7 4790k + RTX 2070 Super one last hurrah (played Origins and Odyssey at 4k 30 fps Ultra without a hitch).

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Last assassins creed for me was black flag. Should I give it a try ? I like history stuff.
Same loved that one picked it up at PS4 launch but didn't bother with any of the others since then.

Want to pick this one up but usually they go on sale during PSN Christmas sales don't they so might wait until then. When do the reviews drop for it?

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having watched the intro on Youtube, I thought it was quite cool! And the OST seems is good too.
On the negative side, the combat still looks janky.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
By the way, I'm a bit worried about something I just read and this feels like a good place to ask.

I'm gonna start playing with a Ubisoft+ subscription, and that means I get all the Ultimate content, but apparently that can also mean my saved games may become incompatible if I don't get the Ultimate content later (or subscribe to Ubisoft+ again). Is that true? Apparently there's also no way to disable the DLC that would make my saved games incompatible either, so... that's not great.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Same loved that one picked it up at PS4 launch but didn't bother with any of the others since then.

Want to pick this one up but usually they go on sale during PSN Christmas sales don't they so might wait until then. When do the reviews drop for it?
I would guess tomorrow or on release day. I would like some info on that too.

On the 9th November at 3 am PT:
opencritic.com

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Review Embargo Details

Here's when to expect critics to begin publishing reviews on the new Assassin's Creed.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Ready to get my abstergo sillyness on. Will be nice to get this Watch Dogs taste out of my mouth woo!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Hell yeah! Fantastic OT!

First time in a decade I'm day one with AC.
Played like 70 hours of Odyssey in the last 2 weeks and I'm in the middle of Atlantis right now and have to finish that till Tuesday and then right into Valhalla baby!

After I fell out of Odyssey in the first 30 hours pretty often, the last 70 ones were an absolute f'n blast. So much story telling, so much happens, I really fell in love and I still enjoy every single f'n second of it. People always say how overblown Odyssey is and just too much, but I f'n enjoy that it goes on and on and on and on and not with stupid side content, main content and heavenly story focus only. So good.

Can't wait for Tuesday! (Despite being scared about a lot of changes and the technical aspect of the game)

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
If we choose the auto option when choosing if we want to play male or female, do we already know how this is explained in-game? Does it make sense in any way?