• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I dunno but something about the gfx feels odd on PS5 after the patch. Also im getting horrible sound bugs aswell. Not a good first impression

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
This is waaaay too big for what it offers. The content feels incredibly generic sometimes, collectathons everywhere. Only the mysteries are worth chasing.
Then the scenery blows me away in another moment.

Still, going to tough it out and get the story completed, but I reckon this will be my last AC for a long time.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
This is waaaay too big for what it offers. The content feels incredibly generic sometimes, collectathons everywhere. Only the mysteries are worth chasing.

Still, going to tough it out and get the story completed, but I reckon this will be my last AC for a long time.

I can identify with this feeling. For me, I kind of feel aimless and bored with the world. I was obsessed with Origins and Odyssey and loved the stories and characters, this one its hard for me to feel invested. It feels more like a checklist than a world, characters, and story that I care about. And to hear that the main story is even longer than Odyssey does not increase my motivation to keep going.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I can identify with this feeling. For me, I kind of feel aimless and bored with the world. I was obsessed with Origins and Odyssey and loved the stories and characters, this one its hard for me to feel invested. It feels more like a checklist than a world, characters, and story that I care about. And to hear that the main story is even longer than Odyssey does not increase my motivation to keep going.
Dude the game is absolutely massive, not in a good way either. Loses engagement after about 10 hrs.

I'm hoping some new plot arcs keep me interested.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
wtf did they fuck up the grass lod? It seems awful now.
I dunno but something about the gfx feels odd on PS5 after the patch. Also im getting horrible sound bugs aswell. Not a good first impression

Anyone else experiencing the same? I kept my PS5 turned off so it wouldn't update automatically. If this patch makes the game worse then I'd rather not download it.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah funnily enough I was ok with Odyssey which is criticised for its grinding. I got to another "shoot the cursed artifact" activity, and the world began to feel hollow fast.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Got the patch all done but I don't see the Yule Tide stuff?

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this game for 30 or so hours, now I just wish it'd end
Be aware that there is far from a satisfying conclusion to any of the storylines in this game, so if you're not feeling it anymore, don't feel guilty about stepping away now. The best reward you get for sticking to it are that 2 of the last 3 England zones are probably some of the best ones.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Be aware that there is far from a satisfying conclusion to any of the storylines in this game, so if you're not feeling it anymore, don't feel guilty about stepping away now. The best reward you get for sticking to it are that 2 of the last 3 England zones are probably some of the best ones.
Aye, thinking I'll come back after finishing some other games first

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017

Huh? I'm 40 hours in and almost every arc I did had a satisfying conclusion.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I really need to see some analysis after this patch because im pretty sure even some textures are worse. Looks like they fucked up some settings.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone with the patch check to see if there is an option to disable the level scaling? Thanks!

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to see some analysis after this patch because im pretty sure even some textures are worse. Looks like they fucked up some settings.
I feel like they always do this. Well I can't remember if Odyssey did, but I remember Origins getting patched for "improved performance" a couple weeks after release, and it really screwed with the LODs

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Sometimes people start looking for broken things after patches and start noticing what's going on behind the curtain.

Truth is videogames in general aren't usually made for hard looking.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
I would say there's some must-see moments if you're a fan of the series near the end of the game.

Zen_Master

Nov 15, 2020
I'm excited for level scaling. I need a reason to upgrade my weapon and armor

Even on Hard I have been destroying everything in two hits, with the same hammer I found in my second hour of play time
Same. Feeling overpowered and no need to strategise going into battle so fights were becoming a bit repetitive. This spices things up a bit and look forward to needing to plan battles a bit more.

Finally reached Jotunheim and started the quests there. Really pretty locale and so far the quest line holds its own.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I knew it was not a placebo. There is a really strange texture bug going on. When i first arrived the textures looked like this

EpSWsdmVEAQVdYb

After i went into the menu and back it changed to this

EpSWrcfU0AAxgJU

Its fucked. Im pretty sure the LOD is bugged aswell.. GJ Ubi

Everytime you see a bad texture just go into the map screen and back. It will change to high ress again. What a strange and annoying bug. Looks like im taking a break until these new issues gets fixed. First CP now this. I love these AAA games :)

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
I think I might've seen some discussion on this, but can't recall: Is there some trick to using the piecing arrow ability to get through barricaded doors? I've tried the ability dozens of times since I've gotten it and it's never worked for me.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Well, this patch didn't fix one the Daughters of Lerion encounters not starting. Guess I'll wait until the next one. Again.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
Yeah, I know it is in Ravensthorpe but they said it would be east of your settlement and it ain't there, at least it isn't there for me

Maybe I've read the notes wrong, but I think the patch Is only putting the event into place, but it's not active from the get-go. We still need to wait for it to be activated so to speak, as the notes say to stay tuned for information; but it's now downloaded and ready with this patch.

I'm totally ready for someone to prove me wrong though, haha.

Oct 28, 2017
I found a way to farm silver coins and I've no regrets. Anyone know how far into the game I have to be before I can buy Inglots?
Do merchants get a renewal of iron ore/leather, too?

Cutts77

Nov 20, 2020
I think I might've seen some discussion on this, but can't recall: Is there some trick to using the piecing arrow ability to get through barricaded doors? I've tried the ability dozens of times since I've gotten it and it's never worked for me.

I've found the special melee attack where you jump up in the air and slam down (sorry, can't remember the name) works for barred doors. Not sure if you need it's 2nd version to get AoE though.

Feb 4, 2018
Maybe I've read the notes wrong, but I think the patch Is only putting the event into place, but it's not active from the get-go. We still need to wait for it to be activated so to speak, as the notes say to stay tuned for information; but it's now downloaded and ready with this patch.

I'm totally ready for someone to prove me wrong though, haha.

Ah, that makes more sense than what I was trying to do! Ha thanks for the tip

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Spend a lot of time in Norway before the big voyage. Try to clear a lot of that first.
Edit: my bad I meant to quote the guy u responded to smh...

I'd honestly stay clear of the side missions, personally I think they're pretty useless and I'm at nearly 80 hrs even after skipping the vast majority of side missions. The main quest pretty much breaks off into a bunch of mini quests that are plentiful and long enough. Try a few out first though to see if you get any enjoyment out of the side missions. Most ppl I know are skipping them.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
Just started this game and oh man Norway map is not pretty at all. I play these games for the vistas and the snowy regions are no longer my jam.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
An issue I've really started noticing in the game is the narrative pacing. Long games like this need a consistent narrative thread to keep me interested. It's so jarring in Valahalla to reach a consequential part of the plot at the conclusion of an arc only to start a new arc that has nothing to do with the plot. It's happened a couple times now and it takes me out of the immersion.

It's a momentum killer for me

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
This patch seems to have made things worse for me. Graphically I don't see any difference, but AI seems buggy as fuck now. I'm in a mission with Basim and everything is insane. AI just doesn't work. I accidentally managed to finish the mission. But not the way I was supposed to.