• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
SPEC_TECH_ACV_UK.jpg

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
ComputerBase (German; review build)
DSOGaming (English; review build)
GameGPU (Russian; review build)
Guru3D (English; review build)
PC Games Hardware (German; review build)
PurePC (Polish; launch build)
TechPowerUp (English; review build)

📊 Performance guides:
eXputer (English; launch build)
Hardware Unboxed (English; review build)

🎩 Tips and tricks:
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times (1): Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times (2): Download this beta version of Special K, extract the files to the root of the game installation directory, and ensure you've disabled any other frame rate limiters. (Credit to Kaldaien.)
Note: If your desired frame rate cap is something other than 60fps, be sure to change the value of TargetFPS in dxgi.ini accordingly.
Skip intro videos: Navigate to [installation directory]\videos and delete the following: ANVIL_Logo.webm, PC_AMD_Ryzen.webm, UbisoftLogo.webm, and the folder corresponding to your game language.
Note: You'll need to repeat this process whenever a patch is released or you otherwise verify the game data.
Mitigate stuttering (1; for those using hybrid input): Change the input method to your preferred device. (Credit to Rodrigues solitaire.)
Mitigate stuttering (2): Follow these instructions. (Credit to Tim Jacobs @ YouTube via Trojan.)
Mitigate stuttering (3; for those using a wireless controller): Refer to Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times (2) above, then add the code in this post to dxgi.ini. (Credit to Kaldaien.)
Fix cutscenes displaying incorrectly when using an ultra-wide resolution:: Follow these instructions. (Credit to OnkelJupp @ Reddit via Tovarisc.)
Fix broken HDR: Enable HDR in-game and switch to borderless fullscreen. (Credit to Kaldaien.)
Enable DualShock button prompts: Open Documents\Assassin's Creed Valhalla\ACValhalla.ini and change the value of Controller Feedback to 1. (Credit to JustPlainGarak @ Reddit via Premium Ghoul.)

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:

Image calibration: Self-explanatory
Field of view: 85% -> 115% in increments of 1%
FPS limit: 30fps -> 90fps in increments of 5fps
Active monitor: Self-explanatory
Window mode: Windowed; Borderless; Fullscreen
Aspect ratio: Self-explanatory
Resolution: Self-explanatory
Refresh rate: Self-explanatory
Vsync: Off/On
Resolution scale: 50% -> 100% in increments of 10%

Graphics quality (preset): Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Adaptive quality: Off; 30fps; 45fps; 60fps
Anti-aliasing: Low; Medium; High
World details: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Clutter: Low; Medium; High; Very High
Shadows: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Volumetric clouds: Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Water: Low; Medium; High

Screen-space reflections: Off/On
Environment textures: Low; Medium; High
Character textures: Low; Medium; High
Depth of field: Off; Low; High
Motion blur: Off/On

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
To unlock the game early via VPN:

1) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Australia, New Zealand, or Asia
4) Restart EGS/Uplay (if you're logged in)
5) Wait for the executable and any updated data to download

Edit: No longer necessary.

Last edited:

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
GameGPU 4K benchmark (10900K/3090):

It's not looking great :/ I wonder how much applying something similar to the optimized settings in Odyssey/Origins will help.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

1) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)

Is it already unlocked? Fuck, I didn't preload yesterday.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Cross posting from the other thread.

Even without using DLSS. I've been able to play the game AND stream it from the same PC and average 70-80 FPS with no stutter even in big battles.

I play at 1440p and have settings on high except volumetric clouds and shadows on medium. It's a great looking game, with some absolutely stunning vistas even in the early game.

Those two settings, especially clouds still look great, but you gain a lot of performance when turned down.

Running a 9900k and a 2080ti.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Run the benchmark a couple of times.

1440p / Ultra: 70 fps
1440p / Very High: 72 fps
1440p / Ultra, clouds and shadows high: 75 fps

There is no magic, gain 20 fps by dropping one setting option as far as I can see.

This is at 3080 & 3700X & 16 GB Ram

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Just wanted to drop this here for those saying that this doesnt utilize the cores properly

Valhalla.png

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

There is no magic, gain 20 fps by dropping one setting option as far as I can see.

so ubisoft finally reduces cpu usage but now the game scales like dogshit?

Odyssey & origins both scaled pretty well when you stepped settings down.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Hope that someone with a rig like mine buys the game and shares here how it runs!

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
Gpu: GTX 1660 Super

Running on a SSD

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Cross posting from the other thread.

Even without using DLSS. I've been able to play the game AND stream it from the same PC and average 70-80 FPS with no stutter even in big battles.

I play at 1440p and have settings on high except volumetric clouds and shadows on medium. It's a great looking game, with some absolutely stunning vistas even in the early game.

Those two settings, especially clouds still look great, but you gain a lot of performance when turned down.

Running a 9900k and a 2080ti.
Yep, volumetric clouds will be my first setting to drop too. In Origins I disabled them completely and it got me a colossal FPS boost, allowing me to run at a locked 60fps. In Odyssey you can't disable them, but can drop them to low for very little visual impact. Clouds in these games look drab and uninteresting even on the highest setting. It's no flight simulator or RDR2.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
my 6700k and 970 cries (think i'll have to play on ps5 this time around as i still cant get a new card)

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Curious to see if I can run it at 4K60 with high settings (with shadows and clouds on medium)

I am running a 9900k with a 3080 on a 970 evo plus

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game won't start for me, using a VPN with Australia selected, it downloaded the update and it says play, when i click on it, it tries to start, i get the AC logo background and it closes after that.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Anyone with a 2070S have some performance insight? I don't wanna risk locking my account with a VPN since either way I'm gonna be at work the whole day lol

darthshot

Oct 24, 2019
Anyone with a 2070S have some performance insight? I don't wanna risk locking my account with a VPN since either way I'm gonna be at work the whole day lol
I'm joining this bandwagon.

I've got my old but trusty i7 4790k with the 2070S on standby. I've managed to play both Origins and Odyssey 4k locked 30 fps at ultra (except the clouds at very high), and I was wondering if I could still play this one like this. I'll get the PS5 version otherwise.

Potato Mage

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 28, 2020

Thanks!

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
it wouldn't be an ubisoft game without a benchmark that is not indicative of the game's performance

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
I'm joining this bandwagon.

I've got my old but trusty i7 4790k with the 2070S on standby. I've managed to play both Origins and Odyssey 4k locked 30 fps at ultra (except the clouds at very high), and I was wondering if I could still play this one like this. I'll get the PS5 version otherwise.

I think as of right now I believe you'd need a 3090 in order for pc to be worth it over console sadly. With some patches who knows?

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
I am not working on a video for this right now as I am doing other things. But this is an ubisoft game, and I bet that my optimised settings from odyssey do the exact same as this game and make it run much better.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
8700k/RTX 3080, 1440p Ultra High. It runs pretty okay! Mostly upper 70s outdoors, but there is stuttering at times.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Setting AA to low should give a performance boost since it's using TAA from lower internal resolution.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Really want to see the diff between very high and ultra to see if justify the drop in perf.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017

Interesting, same CPU and GPU as mine, but I'll be playing on 3440x1440 and 32gb ram. Curious to see what my performance would be.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
I am not working on a video for this right now as I am doing other things. But this is an ubisoft game, and I bet that my optimised settings from odyssey do the exact same as this game and make it run much better.

Thats what I thought too. But doesnt seem to be at all the same in my case and from what others have said. It doesnt seem to scale nearly as well as the previous games. That said this game does look better.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. this seems like its a "4k/ cap at 30fps and be done with it" game. doesnt look like there is a system in the world that can run this at 4k/60.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
The game has dynamic resolution people. That should net you 4K 60 on a 3080 without ultra settings. Mix of High, Ultra and Medium should do it. Hopefully. Please?

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Uuh. So I switched to 4k from 1440p cuz I thought maybe to lock it at 30 but now I have a pretty much locked 60 fps at 4k once I got control of my character. I have no idea whats going on. Maybe the resolution didnt change although it seems like it did. Maybe the first section of the game is messed up because of all the scripting? Will update.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Its a DX12 game so it could be caching shaders in the background which could cause stutters in the first 10-15 mins of the game. Death STranding was similiar