• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Was just recently uploaded. It's the first comparison video that I could find - I think they both run great and look gorgeous!

I guess we'll have to wait for the DF analysis, because I can't make out any differences between them.

Edit: That pop-in though...

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
200.gif

EDIT: Wait, I thought no one would have access to the PS5 version, this changed?
And lol 1080P video.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Is there any comparisons between last gen and next gen?

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this video validates any future enjoyment I'll be having on Thursday.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if they did a side-by-side comparison it would be easier to spot any difference, but I can't see any.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Im pretty sure they made the versions the same so they dont have people get into debates and stuff.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
that's a pretty bad 1080p capture, so this video is essentially worthless

Bring on the DF video

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I suggest if we're gonna be fuckin nerds about this again let's be nerds for real and wait for the DF pixelcounting before freaking out

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The choreography and animations in those cutscenes look dated as hell...doesn´t matter which version.

and the fire effects...ugh.

Shitting on Ubisoft games is definitely big Dphex's favourite past time. The combat and animations in Valhalla is definitely feeling incredibly dated now though.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
What I wanna know is if the PS5 version supports any DualSense features. tbh that will be the deciding factor for most of my 3rd party purchases.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Framerate seems ever so slightly smoother on the PS5. XSX version is comparatively just a touch stuttery in places. Noticed a bit of tearing on both too. Are we sure this isn't footage from other versions? Video is only 1080p.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Framerate seems ever so slightly smoother across-the-board on PS5. XSX version is comparatively just a touch stuttery in places. Noticed a bit if tearing on both too. Are we sure this isn't footage from other versions? Video is only 1080p.

Also, is this the PS5 version? Is there even a PS5 version or is there just BC?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just based on the thumbnail, looks like there's still a gamma curve difference between the two consoles similar to the last 2 generations.