• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
wccftech.com

Ubisoft Confirms Assassin's Creed Valhalla Running at 4K@30 on Xbox Series X

A Ubisoft representative confirmed that Assassin's Creed Valhalla will be running 'at a minimum' of 30 frames per second on the Xbox Series X

Ubisoft has always been committed to exploring new technologies, taking advantage of the capabilities of new consoles to deliver the most immersive experience possible, which is why we are excited to be collaborating with Microsoft to bring Assassin's Creed Valhalla to the Xbox Series X.

Currently, we can guarantee that Assassin's Creed Valhalla will run at least 30 FPS. Assassin's Creed Valhalla will benefit from faster loading times, allowing players to immerse themselves in history and the world without friction. Finally, Assassin's Creed Valhalla will benefit from improved graphics made possible by the Xbox Series X, and we can't wait to see the beautiful world we're creating in stunning 4K resolution.

We will have a lot more to show you about Assassin's Creed Valhalla in the near future, so stay tuned for more information soon.

I mispelled Ubi soft in the tile if a mod can change it.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
kinda a bummer tbh. was hoping for open world games to be 60 at least next gen. hopefully they add in a 60fps mode

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
That would be disappointing if true. If the Series X can't run a cross gen title at 4k 60 fps, when the Xbox One X can already run RDR2 at a native 4k and stable 30 fps, then that would suck.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
big oof

(could 'minimum' include a base-tier, lower spec system? Or are they only launching with one xsx SKU)

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
For a cross-gen game with this monster of a leap in tech, that's pretty bad.

edit: Unless Ubisoft is pushing some heavy ray tracing, of course.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
That seems... Disappointing. I haven't played them myself, but thought Origins/Odyssey were already 4K/30fps on Xbox One X? Where's the extra power going?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing.. and here I thought the game will be 60fps because it doesn't look like an improvement over Odyssey.

Deleted member 2441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's an indictment of next gen if so. Realistically, how much lower-res it going to run on the One X? 1440p? All that extra horsepower for a one-step resolution buff would be super disappointing.

Not even getting to 4K60 for a cross-gen title is concerning, never mind next-gen only titles...

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Still calling 4K60 watch, regardless I'm playing on whichever console plays best since it's not on steam but I do hope we have a 60 FPS mode.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's a dumb choice but not unexpected for big studios. Not sure why a cross gen title like this is gonna have an issue though.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
EXwdD1zXsA07d6L
The game doesn't have 60fps on the xbox website either (or RT for that matter), only 4K. 30 fps for a cross generational game is a big oof indeed

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I've been seeing this all over my timeline because Playstation fan boys are using this as proof that the Series X is a failure or something (do they think that it'll run better on PS5 or do they not care as long as they can shit on Xbox in some way).

I fully expect that it's because Ubisoft tends to focus more on graphics than performance. I do wonder if we'll finally see per object motion blur though.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
If you thought 60fps was going to be standard, you were always living in fantasy land. Hell, I bet this even dips sub-30 at some points.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
The dream of true 4K and 60fps was never achievable. true 4k is way to taxing and 60fps isn't worth the lost of fidelity.

The marketing of the XBSX has and will be UP to 8k and 120fps but dont be suckers.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't really think AC needs to be 60fps and I'd be happy with the graphic quality being bound to that.

But I do think in a generation with hardware this strong, we need to start being given options.

Status
Not open for further replies.