• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The most recent podcast episode of View From the Gutters takes a break from their amazing "House of Jack & Stan" series to conduct a highly entertaining (for me, at least) Avengers draft. This got me thinking about who I would choose for a six-member team, drawing only on the extensive list of former and current members, from the main team and any affiliates. The rules on VFTG are slightly different - if you can make a case for a villain to go straight, they allow that selection.

So what say you, Era? What team combines the best brains, braun, means, and leadership? I'm still thinking on mine, but I feel like if I'm gonna start a team to constantly defend the world, and the universe, I'd want to begin with someone "Unbeatable"...

grand

Oct 25, 2017
To make this work, I feel like you would have to invalidate the truly broken heroes first and then start after that.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
My team would consist of my Nintendo Switch, Junji Ito, my favourite drink, good internet connection, WWE Network subscription and my job.

The ultimate team.

OP
OP
Christian

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
This thread has been a bust...

But I'm still gonna list my six!

For leadership, I'll start with Captain America Steve Rogers. Black Panther as co-chairman. Ms. America for muscle and transportation. Squirrel Girl for muscle, unbeatableness, and all-around team spirit. Doctor Voodoo for magic support, and because Strange recently backed out of being a full-time member. And Spectrum, for, uh, everything.

It was actually... really hard to decide on only six members. So many favorites cast aside...

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My team would have Dr.Druid and Sersi that much I know, probably Monica too. Don't care to pare down another three though.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Cyclops, Wolverine, Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, Storm, Jubilee, Bishop, Beast, Archangel...

Pretty much just the 90's X-Men. Also, instead of calling them the Avengers, I would call them the X-Men.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
For entertainment's sake, 1-off Avengers movie. Bunch of them go on a mission...

Iron Man, Spider-man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Strange.

In terms of the comic book world, including the whole universe and what not and for effectiveness.. probably lose iron man and Spider-man, add a supernaturally powerful one in there. But the above's my 'getting caught in an elevator w the avengers' list

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Dr. Doom, Carnage, Loki, Mr. Fantastic, Spider-Man, and Thor.

Nothing would ever get done.

Ever.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Blue Marvel= Leader

Sersi
Monica Lambeau
Amanda Softon
Warlock
Mircomax
Stellraris

You got your magic, your cosmic, your tech, and a backup brick

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder Man,
Beast,
She-Hulk,
Quasar,
Captain Britain (probably as leader, especially after leading multiversal corps),
Brother Vodoo

Off top of my head trying to balance things out, but mainly picking favorites.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit didn't know Cable was a member now...can I give him the Agent Venom suit...cause then he'd be my dream member.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plus Union Jack got the UK
Union Jack always just makes me think of my other favorite Britian placed comic
iu

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Stark, Banner, Parker, Richards, Strange and Wanda. Science can solve almost anything, and magic to handle the rest.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Shulk, ms marvel(kamala), justice, beast, scarlet witch, hawkguy.

Brawn, espionage, telekinetic, tech, magic, token non metahuman.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Wanda Maximoff
Tony Stark
Monica Rambeau
Vision
Robbie Reyes
T'Challa

Strange, Parker and Richards shouldn't be on Avengers imo

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Too many options nowadays because of how almost every hero worth a damn has been an Avenger at this point. Hard more would be restricting choices to pre-New Avengers. Very Hard is that plus no Avengers who have solo MCU films, and European Extreme would be no MCU characters period.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers: Rehabilitation Initiative

Steve Rogers: Leadership and Moral Compass
Doctor Doom: Intellect and R&D
Magneto: Rightness
Thanos: The Tank
Black Widow: Infiltration and Recon
Scarlett Witch: The Mystic

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be a team of heavy hitters + 4th wall breakers:
Captain Marvel
Monica Rambeau
Blue Marvel
Gwenpool
Slapstick or Deadpool
She-Hulk

Exploring the unfathomable part of the Marvel U!
T h e B e y o n d A v e n g e r s!

OP
OP
Christian

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be a team of heavy hitters + 4th wall breakers:
Captain Marvel
Monica Rambeau
Blue Marvel
Gwenpool
Slapstick or Deadpool
She-Hulk

Exploring the unfathomable part of the Marvel U!
T h e B e y o n d A v e n g e r s!

I love this. Almost did something very similar, with Wade and Gwen. And with the other four, plus these two, they'd be totally unstoppable.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My team would be classic:

Scarlet Witch
Giant Man
Vision
Wonder Man
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Wasp

Janet and Steve would be the leaders.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Easy.

1) Captain America.
Heart of the team. The guy who inspires everyone to keep going when all else is lost.

2) Thor
The team needs a cook, and Thor makes an amazing mead pie. Also he gives them free electricity. Sporadically throws his hammer.

3) Ultron
Tech support. They gain his support after they agree to let him kill Hank Pym's from every dimension.

4) Howard The Duck
The new Sorcerer Supreme after Doctor Strange falls down the stairs and breaks his neck, he advises on magical cases but otherwise just hangs out at Avengers Mansion getting drunk with Thor.

5) Mystique
Everyone knows that Mystique is posing as The Wasp. Even The Wasp knows. But they play along because if they don't she'll set off nuclear bombs hidden underneath the capital city of every country on Earth. They asked Thor to disarm them and he agreed, but he was black out drunk at the time and denies the conversation ever taking place.

6) The Punisher
He hasn't no where else to do.

7) Kevin Bacon
Long story.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ant Man
Black Panther
Crazy chick shooting red magic
Dr strange
Ummm
Luis
And uhhhhh
No one else really stands out as interesting enough to add to my team.