• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
READ THROUGH THE TWITTER THREAD FIRST PLEASE! DON'T DO DRIVE BY HOT TAKES!

Removed link to original news source. The site deserves no clicks. Lets focus on what Mr. Tucker goes into.

This asshole decides to make mockery of the whole trans people in sports argument by declaring himself a female, winning and then going back to male. The twitter thread makes it evident that he was in complete violation of the accepted procedure to actually transition from an athletic perspective.

EDIT: I was mostly interested in the science of sports account detailing the failings of this case and what are the current issues facing trans athletes. Not the asshole himself

Last edited:

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
He should be disqualified for having more testosterone than is allowed for female competitors.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The fact he done this tells me how successful he is as a "rapper"

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
So he was simply a man? Never had any hormones and stuff to really become a woman? What are the rules in this case?

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the real problem is sports. We should just open it it up, everything goes, hormones, steroids, bionic limbs, whatever. It's terribly arbitrary and patriarchal and we're trying to have our cake and eat it.

OP
OP
Masoyama

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel the real problem is sports. We should just open it it up, everything goes, hormones, steroids, bionic limbs, whatever. It's terribly arbitrary and patriarchal and we're trying to have our cake and eat it.

Yeah I mostly agree with this for the mens side or an open category. Women's divisions do need to have more oversight though.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
He followed none of the rules or procedures. This stunt was a total afront to IOC positions on trans athletey.

I'm missing the part where he was in a tournament. Maybe I'm bad at reading Twitter threads but it looks like he just did a lift in a gym and posted on Twitter inbetween tshirt flash sales off the publicity.

OP
OP
Masoyama

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm missing the part where he was in a tournament. Maybe I'm bad at reading Twitter threads but it looks like he just did a lift in a gym and posted on Twitter inbetween tshirt flash sales off the publicity.

Ohhh. You know what, I think you are right. Shit, I misread the thread.

Contacting mods about a title change.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

Yeah was about to say, thought the threshold for trans competition was more strict, which it looks like the Twitter thread goes into. That rapper guy is a PR try hard though. The first time he does it its appalling and transparent, the other 7 times he does it with posts of selling his clothing is eye rollingly try hard.

OP
OP
Masoyama

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah was about to say, thought the threshold for trans competition was more strict, which it looks like the Twitter thread goes into. That rapper guy is a PR try hard though. The first time he does it its appalling and transparent, the other 7 times he does it with posts of selling his clothing is eye rollingly try hard.

Yeah I read through what he did lightly. I was way more interested in the details that the thread goes into than this one guy.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
IhQDHzX.png

Deleted member 50969

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
Its clear that we really need to push the IOC to act fast to a degree (we don't need anymore loopholes).

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Why even give this the light of day...

Shithead asshole, does sit head asshole thing.

The only thing this encourages is discussions that will eventually lead to trans folk being made to feel scrutinized yet again.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Contacting mods about a title change.

Your hard work and due diligence to understand what you were sharing before sharing this random nothing event to spark conversation about trans folk in sports is greatly admired.

OP
OP
Masoyama

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why even give this the light of day...

Shithead asshole, does sit head asshole thing.

The only thing this encourages is discussions that will eventually lead to trans folk being made to feel scrutinized yet again.

As the thread states. It is important to understand that declaring yourself is not enough to compete. However, it is also important to understand that men do have intrinstic advantages over women in sports and there is a need to enforce those lines in athletics. A man cannot simply declare himself as a woman and compete, too many biological advantages before they go through the IOC approved transition plan.

Your hard work and due diligence to understand what you were sharing before sharing this random nothing event to spark conversation about trans folk in sports is greatly admired.

As I said in the OP. It's not about the guy or the site. It's all about what Mr. Tucker describes.

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
So some transphobe on Twitter made a transphobic "joke", the totally trustworthy 'bigleaguepolitics.com' covered it as "news", and then some dude on Twitter made a thread about that article just so they could attack transgender athletes even though none of this has anything to do with actual transgender athletes, and then you made a thread about it here ... why exactly?

Staff Post - Lock Message

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This thread seems to have been based on misinformation and does not need to be signal boosted. As such we are closing it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.