• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to undo every decision he has made since taking office? Can it be done in one sweeping motion? Anything from Supreme Court judges, the countless executive orders to undermine Obama's work and deregulate absolutely everything, the damages he's done to the EPA, the people he has put into important roles such as Betsy Devos?

If the sitting PoTUS is publicly outed as being a Russian puppet who has been knowingly destroying our democracy under the order of a hostile foreign power due to compromising material, can any decision that he has ever made be left unchecked and unchallenged?

My second question is how far do we think the rabbit hole goes? Will it only be Trump's inner circle? Will senators and members of Congress also be implicated when the curtain is finally pulled back? Paul Ryan? Mitch McConnell? Vice President Mike Pence?

I really don't know what to expect beyond believing that Trump won't make it to the end of his first term.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
SCOTUS has its own impeachment process and the Dems don't have the votes. It would be symbolic.

Oct 27, 2017
People, the crime is not called "Collusion"; it's called "Conspiracy against the United States" or "Conspiracy to defraud the United States". Please use the proper terminology.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Neither of those things will happen, but no, even if they did, it would take decades to undo all the damage that has been done.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt there is any remote chance even in A worse case scenario for Trump of anything even resembling a reset or undo of his actions. If the party backed it in votes per issue or appointee then unless you could out a lot more folks for anything illegal you likely could not even table such an idea. Most you may get is some folks removed from their posts or resigning in the case they are implicated or could potentially be implicated.

Your best hope is it destabilizes party strength forcing the party to flip flop and openly rebel against anything Trump branded in a bid to win voter faith, and clear their own public images up in order to have any political careers left.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
If there were some sort of "undo all actions" button we could press to easily clean things up, we'd know. We would know it existed because we'd have spent the last ten years hearing from Republicans wanting to use it against Obama. Unfortunately, damage will take time to repair.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
His #2 is on board with most of this, so no. The SC is fully loaded for life. The GOP got most of what they wanted and will protect it. In fact, it'll only get scarier for a lot of people if 45 is booted now and under these conditions. Mofo's are going to have to get used to the idea that shit is fucked, and unfucking it is for the kids at this point. Good luck with that as they strip mine the country and pollute the shit out of it (and the planet) while we can't reverse it.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Neither of those things will happen, but no, even if they did, it would take decades to undo all the damage that has been done.

The Supreme Court is a lost cause, but a new president could conceivably issue an executive order nullifying all past orders that had been issued after Jan 20, 2017.

Any new cabinet officials could also reset all regs as well.

The only reason it hasn't been done was due to unwritten etiquette and respect, but that can be safely disregarded in Trump's case, whether he's convicted or not.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I think the only way the SC could get a do over is if the dems gave one pick to the republicans as a compromise and a moderate was picked as the other pick. Still highly unlikely.

OP
OP
MasterYoshi

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
The Supreme Court is a lost cause, but a new president could conceivably issue an executive order nullifying all past orders that had been issued after Jan 20, 2017.

The only reason it hasn't been done was due to unwritten etiquette and respect, but that can be safely disregarded in Trump's case, whether he's convicted or not.

Thank you, this is what I was thinking more or less. Not an undo button, but a sweeping order to undo all EO that were passed by Trump.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
We're in uncharted territory and it would be the SC to decide if it can or not at the end of the day.

You know, the SC Trump loaded with conservatives that the corrupt conservatives recommended lol

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Constitution has an incredible narrow scope of what amounts to Treason. Unless Donald is literally arming a brigade of soldiers to go to war with the U.S., or unless the U.S. declares war with Russia and then Donald continues to conspire with Russians, there isn't going to be a Treason charge.

Now a shitload of other charges, yeah those look like they're going to happen eventually.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
The simple answer no. Some of the executive order can be reversed without much issues, but things such as the supreme court nominations and appointment is extremely difficult to undo. In fact it is as difficult or more difficult to remove a supreme court justice then to remove the president himself from office. In reality Trump will never be impeached considering the senate is being held by the GOP. It doesn't matter what Mueller finds. But the good news is that it can be used in the 2020 elections to vote him out. But that will depend on many factors to work such as the nominee, the Mueller report, and the rest of Trump presidency. People need to really understand that Trump winning next election cycle is very real and it will happen if people treat it like 2016. Looking at history, President usually win the second election. There is nothing saying otherwise.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I was actually thinking about this this morning. If a president achieved office while essentially working as a foreign agent, or at least in concert with numerous foreign agents, and his party members in Congress abetted it, shouldn't everything they did be invalidated?

It's probably not realistic given how the law works, but in a perfect world if the worst case scenario comes to pass everything they did - even the Supreme Court nominations - should be undone.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was actually thinking about this this morning. If a president achieved office while essentially working as a foreign agent, or at least in concert with numerous foreign agents, and his party members in Congress abetted it, shouldn't everything they did be invalidated?
There's no legal provision for this, and the legislative will needed to accomplish this is probably more than it would take to make all our territories states.

This is why some radical Dems/leftists have the hail mary of "pack the courts". There's precedence for expanding or shrinking the Supreme Court. There's no precedence for undoing a pick.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing will change. He'll get impeached and life will go on its way--- he'll get re-elected and the only hope people will have will be post 2024. You may think I'm jaded but I've accepted the above as fact and the quicker people do, the quicker we all can move on.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
One sweeping motion?

Never. "Its" (being federal government) designed to make radical, 180 changes take more than a day. This can be a good thing.

Any law he signed would need to be repealed and replaced with new legislation and any federal judge would have to impeached/removed and the vacancy filled.

The consequences of 2016 will not end with Trump leaving office. Its a feature, not a bug.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if the constitution failed in allowing him to be elected in the first place, then the constitution is broken.

So who gives a fuck. Erase everything he has done. Remove everybody he has appointed.

Oct 27, 2017
Trust me when I say you don't want to go down this road. This has to be a joke post.

Nope. If the dude straight up turns out to have conspired and acted as a foreign agent of russia to be elected as president, he should not have been president to begin with. If the dude should never have held the office to begin with, anything the dude has done should be undone. The constitution failed and allowed to be elected while acting as a foreign agent.

Dude should never been able to appoint 2 SCOTUS judges. All the lower court judges, etc etc etc. Remove them all.

Hell, I would say also round up all the cunts that protected him beginning with McConnell since the fucker stopped Obama/Biden from even mentioning the russian shit before the election.

If his supporters want to come out as the full fledged traitors/terrorists that they are, so be it.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Nope. If the dude straight up turns out to have conspired and acted as a foreign agent of russia to be elected as president, he should not have been president to begin with. If the dude should never have held the office to begin with, anything the dude has done should be undone. The constitution failed and allowed to be elected while acting as a foreign agent.

Dude should never been able to appoint 2 SCOTUS judges. All the lower court judges, etc etc etc. Remove them all.

Hell, I would say also round up all the cunts that protected him beginning with McConnell since the fucker stopped Obama/Biden from even mentioning the russian shit before the election.

If his supporters want to come out as the full fledged traitors/terrorists that they are, so be it.

Setting precedent for wiping clean all actions taken by an executive found guilty of a crime or conspiracy, even against the united states, sounds good at first. We get rid of Trump and have an avenue to protect ourselves in the future.

It'll lead to endless investigations and strong precedence for impeachment if any associate is found guilty of a crime. This will be misused horribly.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you tell, what, 1/3rd of the country that you're undoing everything Trump did it's going to be the "deep state liberal apocalypse" they've been fearmongering about for the last 40 years. A reminder his supporters don't live in the same universe as you and me. They won't believe he's a traitor no matter what mountain of evidence Mueller comes out with. They will believe he's being taken away by forces beyond their imagination and that Democrats are trying to rewrite history in front of their eyes, as well as democracy. Have you see the "will of the people" nonsense across the pond with Brexit? It'll be that times ten.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Well the bigger problem is such a course of action would lead to civil war.
If you tell, what, 1/3rd of the country that you're undoing everything Trump did it's going to be the "deep state liberal apocalypse" they've been fearmongering about for the last 40 years. A reminder his supporters don't live in the same universe as you and me. They won't believe he's a traitor no matter what mountain of evidence Mueller comes out with. They will believe he's being taken away by forces beyond their imagination and that Democrats are trying to rewrite history in front of their eyes, as well as democracy. Have you see the "will of the people" nonsense across the pond with Brexit? It'll be that times ten.
This isn't across the pond though. This is America and we are famous for not doing shit. We have kids in cages right now. Any crazy trumpers who even talk about taking up arms will be swiftly dealt with.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to illustrate how it won't be "swiftly dealt with", primarily because the FBI and the military recruits their rank and file from this demographic and because American law enforcement and military are very reluctant to shoot white people (not so the case with minorities unfortunately).

Also these are their political leaders:
Republican Senator Dean Heller of Nevada said of the Bundy supporters, "These people are patriots." Heller made that statement during the same television interview in which Senator Harry Reid described the Bundy supporters as "domestic terrorists."
On April 19, 2014, Texas Republican Steve Stockman sent a letter to President Barack Obama, Department of the Interior Secretary Sally Jewell, and BLM Director Neil Kornze, stating that the BLM was overreaching its law enforcement authority with what he called a "paramilitary raid."[134]
Governor Brian Sandoval sided with Bundy, saying, "No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans. The BLM needs to reconsider its approach to this matter and act accordingly."[71]
Arizona Representative Kelly Townsend said that the scenes at the ranch amid the dispute gave her a "visceral reaction ... It sounds dramatic, but it reminded me of Tiananmen Square. I don't recognize my country at this point." Her colleague, Bob Thorpe of Flagstaff, said that he was one of about three dozen state legislators who had sent a letter about the standoff to Nevada and federal officials.[138]
White men and women of America are held to a different set of standards than people of color.
Indian Country Today Media Network wrote that government treatment of Cliven Bundy "stands in stark contrast to what was done to the Dann sisters and other Indigenous Peoples on Shoshone territory"[158] and that "United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination found "credible information alleging that the Western Shoshone indigenous people are being denied their traditional rights to land."
And the Bundies themselves did not serve any time for literally rebelling against the government. Non-white men are shot dead for drastically less than this.
On January 8, 2018, U.S. District Court Judge Gloria Navarro dismissed with prejudice the criminal charges against Cliven Bundy, his sons Ammon and Ryan, and co-defendant Ryan Payne regarding the standoff. At that time she also scheduled a February 26, 2018 trial date for "Tier 3" defendants Melvin Bundy, Dave Bundy, Jason Woods and Joseph O'Shaughnessy.[187] On February 7, 2018, the federal government moved to dismiss with prejudice the indictments against the remaining defendants "in the interests of justice."[188] On July 19, 2018, Todd Engel was sentenced to 14 years in federal prison after being convicted on charges of obstruction of justice and interstate travel in aid of extortion.[189] On August 9, 2018, Scott Drexler was sentenced to time served while Eric Parker received one year of supervised release.[190] On September 11, 2018, Pete Santilli was sentenced to time served plus two years of supervised release.[191] On September 27, 2018, Blaine Cooper was sentenced to 20 months already spent in custody and faces a combined three years of supervised release.[192]

Notyou

Banned
Jul 31, 2018
A lot of you keep misunderstanding "impeachment". Can he be impeached? Yes. Will he be impeached? Maybe. Does this mean he will be removed from office? No, absolutely not. Trump will serve his full term. You're making yourselves crazy with this idea or "hope" that he will be removed from office. The House may impeach him, but there's NO WAY IN HELL the Republican lead Senate will move to remove him from office. I've said it many times and I'll keep saying it: Bill Clinton was IMPEACHED. He served his full 2nd term. I'll say it again for those in the back...
"IMPEACHMENT =/= REMOVAL".

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
A lot of you keep misunderstanding "impeachment". Can he be impeached? Yes. Will he be impeached? Maybe. Does this mean he will be removed from office? No, absolutely not. Trump will serve his full term. You're making yourselves crazy with this idea or "hope" that he will be removed from office. The House may impeach him, but there's NO WAY IN HELL the Republican lead Senate will move to remove him from office. I've said it many times and I'll keep saying it: Bill Clinton was IMPEACHED. He served his full 2nd term. I'll say it again for those in the back...
Clinton didn't run a criminal enterprise. If Mueller's evidence turns out to be damning and tangible (e.g. audios) I don't think it's unfeasible for the Senate to remove Trump, specially if the Trump brand stops being useful for 2020 elections.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Clinton didn't run a criminal enterprise. If Mueller's evidence turns out to be damning and tangible (e.g. audios) I don't think it's unfeasible for the Senate to remove Trump, specially if the Trump brand stops being useful for 2020 elections.

Republicans aren't Democrats; they stick together and keep their eyes on the prize: Power.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Trump would have to do something supremely dumb, like, way dumber than everything he's done so far, to make him a liability in 2020, which would get Repubs to turn on him. I'm struggling to think of what it could be. Invasion of Iran that ends in catastrophic failure and large number of troops dead, perhaps?

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
We're too goddamned lazy. A possible civil war in the US nowadays is a lot of talk, but in the end, nothing will be done by anybody. Can't be bothered to miss the latest reality talent shows, can we?
Exactly. Lazy and comfortable. We have lead incredibly comfortable lives for this most part and few people are going to risk that even for their king.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017

Stopping the things that are causing the damage isn't going to magically undo the damage that has already been done.

There is no reset button that is going to make things back to what they were in 2016.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017

People are just using the term "impeachment" as shorthand for "removed from office". I agree it's a bit annoying due to its inaccuracy. But everyone here understands the difference. You're yelling at no one.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Stopping the things that are causing the damage isn't going to magically undo the damage that has already been done.

There is no reset button that is going to make things back to what they were in 2016.

Who said anything about undoing damage? I'm talking about nullification, which isn't that difficult. Reparation will obviously take longer.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Nothing will change. He'll get impeached and life will go on its way--- he'll get re-elected and the only hope people will have will be post 2024. You may think I'm jaded but I've accepted the above as fact and the quicker people do, the quicker we all can move on.

This. We've been powerless to stop anything Trump has done, and our party is still reeling and confused. I have accepted the likelihood Trump is a two term president.

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At the rate this is all going, i doubt we'll get to that point in this 4 years.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This. We've been powerless to stop anything Trump has done, and our party is still reeling and confused. I have accepted the likelihood Trump is a two term president.
I don't see how anyone could think this is likely. He needed such a perfect storm to get elected. The electoral map is still very stacked against him. He was unknown and got people excited with the whole "give something new a chance if things haven't gotten good for you yet!"

Plus his opponent needed to be Hillary

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
As Trump has shown us, it's far easier to destroy than to build.

And the Republicans never wanna build, unless it's something for destruction itself.