• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know nothing about the W40k universe but this is some good stuff. Now I see why people were saying Marines were OP in the Jedi vs W40K marine thread.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think those 'psyker's in Astartes are psykers at all. They're about the size of a Space Marine and the tower over the regular rebels

I think there might be Necron nonsense going on here.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I don't think those 'psyker's in Astartes are psykers at all. They're about the size of a Space Marine and the tower over the regular rebels

Could be rebel Psyker Astartes, that size would make sense. No way are they Crons, the traitorous troops would have better weapons. Plus Crons only worked with Humans like once or twice and usually against the nids.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017

They seem to have text/script on their skin... what's the name of the religious emperor cult people that have that tattooed or cut into their skin? Adeptus Ministorum? Word Bearers? Or Adeptus Astra Telepathica?

Last edited:

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden

A pair of mutated psyker twins most likely. Humans in the Imperium come in many forms, so some having the growth of a marine isn't totally out there.

Necron involvement here is very unlikely. Too little green lightning.
They seem to have text/script on their skin... what's the name of the religious emperor cult people that have that tattooed or cut into their skin? Adeptus Ministorum? Word Bearers? Or Adeptus Astra Telepathica?
You mean the Ecclesiarchy who maintains the Cult of the Emperor? Tatooes etc. are not however anything in particular unique to them, that's just fanatics in general. Plus, that's not skin, those are golden masks.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
A pair of mutated psyker twins most likely. Humans in the Imperium come in many forms, so some having the growth of a marine isn't totally out there.

Necron involvement here is very unlikely. Too little green lightning.

You mean the Ecclesiarchy who maintains the Cult of the Emperor? Tatooes etc. are not however anything in particular unique to them, that's just fanatics in general.

I only have fragmented memory of that stuff lol, there is so much of it. Weren't there also book of Lorgar worshippers wo had that on their skin?(but you are probably right that this stuff goes for fanatics in general)

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
I only have fragmented memory of that stuff lol, there is so much of it. Weren't there also book of Lorgar worshippers wo had that on their skin?(but you are probably right that this stuff goes for fanatics in general)
Right, the Lectitio Divinitatus. That book is now pretty much the groundwork for the entire Imperial Cult that worships the Emperor, which is hilarious considering it is penned by Primarch Lorgar who is a Chaos worshipping traitor. It is very common for people to run around with pages of it slapped onto their bodies for "extra protection".

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Could be rebel Psyker Astartes, that size would make sense. No way are they Crons, the traitorous troops would have better weapons. Plus Crons only worked with Humans like once or twice and usually against the nids.

No way. If those were traitor marine psykers they would have popped those two loyalists like balloons. The psykers are probably just mutants with enhancements or geneforged.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's the Novamarines, isn't it /s
The only notable surface difference between an unplated Novamarine and an Ultramarine is that the Novamarines retain the tribal practice of tattooing their skin, incorporating it into their beliefs as an Emperor-blessed way of armouring their souls, as well as recording their deeds upon their bodies.[5]
https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Novamarines#fn_5

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
I know nothing about the W40k universe but this is some good stuff. Now I see why people were saying Marines were OP in the Jedi vs W40K marine thread.
Check out our community thread if you're interested in finding out more [/plug]:
www.resetera.com

Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the 40K Era There Is Only War OT

For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind. By the might of his inexhaustible armies a million worlds stand against the dark. Yet, he is a rotting carcass, the Carrion Lord of the Imperium held in life by marvels from...

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Check out our community thread if you're interested in finding out more [/plug]:
www.resetera.com

Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the 40K Era There Is Only War OT

For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind. By the might of his inexhaustible armies a million worlds stand against the dark. Yet, he is a rotting carcass, the Carrion Lord of the Imperium held in life by marvels from...
Will do. These shorts have got me interested in learning about the universe.

Jsunu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not just the visuals, it's the SOUND. Very kinetic - it's like you can feel the bolters fire and explode.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Sure smells like heretic Astartes psykers. They're pretty much the same size as the marines attacking them and their mask is suspiciously similar to this fucker, Erebus of the Word Bearers. And whatever armour they've got under those leathers wasn't too bothered by the bolt pistol shells.

uMF6cA2.jpg

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wait, did ONE GUY make this? The compositing, color correct, modelling, animation, particle systems, even sound design and music? I find that hard to believe.

Of course, as a digital artist, that's my 'imposter syndrome' envy talking. This dude is super talented, GW needs to hire this man ASAP. It's amazing.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not even into Warhammer and the action in that fourth part was incredible! I was actually excited when the marine drove the knife into the other dudes head, even though those bad guys had only been on screen for two minutes, didn't speak and I have no story context for why I should dislike them.

Oct 31, 2017
Ridiculous how well done that was. I rewatched them from the beginning and had forgotten how short each sequence is - they are so packed with excellent 40kish detail.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
God FUCK THIS IS SO GOOD - GW needs to give this guy an entire bank full of cash so he can just sit and do this fooooreeeevvvveerrrrr

most of the internet thinks those Psykers are traitor marines due to size and such. Twin Mutes - any lore that could explain the link they seem to share? Or is it psychic backlash, like experiencing your friends "Death", that shocks the 2nd mute before he gets collarboned? Also are those like... super stripped down Psychic Hoods they are wearing? Is that what a Librarian would look like without all the armor on over the top of it?

I've watched this like 15+ times now. Just soooooooo impressive.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see them as traitor marines so much as psychic mooks working for whoever or whatever's behind Door #2.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I keep forgetting that bolters don't shoot bullets, they shoot smallish armor piercing rockets that probably would punch through any existing armor in the real world like it was room-temp butter.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still think its most likely that those are two Word Bearers. Marine sized, Golden skin, tattoos covering their heads, leading converted chaos cultist slaves. Seems like it fits

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
I still think its most likely that those are two Word Bearers. Marine sized, Golden skin, tattoos covering their heads, leading converted chaos cultist slaves. Seems like it fits
The doubt I have is that they are way too subtle. Chaos Space Marines are anything but subtle.

And again, those are masks, not their skin and tattoos.
9LIMJfP.png

You can see a cloth cowl followed by the mask being placed over it.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The doubt I have is that they are way too subtle. Chaos Space Marines are anything but subtle.

And again, those are masks, not their skin and tattoos.
9LIMJfP.png

You can see a cloth cowl followed by the mask being placed over it.

That's a good point. If they aren't chaos marines then I don't really know what other description they would fit... I guess just gene-bulked lower level psykers or something.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
most of the internet thinks those Psykers are traitor marines due to size and such. Twin Mutes - any lore that could explain the link they seem to share? Or is it psychic backlash, like experiencing your friends "Death", that shocks the 2nd mute before he gets collarboned? Also are those like... super stripped down Psychic Hoods they are wearing? Is that what a Librarian would look like without all the armor on over the top of it?

If they were traitor marine Psykers they would absolutely have not been threatened by just combat knives. Nor would they have died as easy.

The codexes and wikis are not all encompassing. The Black Library books show that there is a wealth of Verity beyond whats seen on tabletop options.

There are numerous times in the books were normal humans are massive and all different sizes due to evolution or other means. These either being jsur freakishly large humans such as select characters in Gaunts Ghost that just happen to be super strong, or the Catachans whose muscles are more or less bulletproof due to hyper accelerated survival of the fittest evolution due to living on a death planet.

And Space Marines are big but not inconceivably large. These two individuals could be of a similar height due to being genetically enhanced vat grown clones, mutated by warp exposure or cybernetically made larger. Anything really.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brilliantly done. I've never delved into 40K but this garners my interest alright. I'll be watching for the next episode.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Any lore on the Retributors?

The usual places have what seems to be a different fan chapter