• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Just from the screen it looks like a lot of fun. I played the original a bit and liked it a lot, I don't even remember why I never finished the game. What's strange is that I don't like beat em ups at all but somehow enjoy these? I guess it's because the game is 3D and it feels more like an action adventure to me. I'll definitely try this.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Having only read the English books, there are bounds to be dozens of jokes, puns etc. that didn't translate from French, Dutch, etc.
Still the English translations did a good job and are fun to read.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Isnt this the game that had an insanely detailed GBA version?

I wish the US had more incentive to push this series cause i dont know anything about it.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda crazy that this is gonna be a game that's on DS, PSP, PS2, PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch.

Isnt this the game that had an insanely detailed GBA version?

I wish the US had more incentive to push this series cause i dont know anything about it.

First game had a GBA version, but this also had a fairly impressive DS version.

Sola1r3

Jun 20, 2018
I wish that one day we ll get an asterix open world action game with the Gaul village, roman camps and everything.
Hunting boars with Obelix let's go.

KRBM

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Dutch description is really awkward. My translation:
A&O is the ultimate experience, [and it's] brought to you by the original game. The new graphical screens honour the comic and the gameplay has been completely reset to perfect the fights against the Romans!

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ill update the first post when i get back home but the boxart wqs just revealed along with preorder bonuses.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
this also a puzzling mystery as to why are they doing this

The franchise is getting a new movie, so they're building on the hype from that.

These games reviewed pretty well and sold okay, and there's still a big fanbase for this series even if most of the world doesn't give a damn.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That music was hard to get through. Game is anchored in the PS2 era with it's references.

I would love to play a brawler or a Dinasty Warriors like in the Asterix universum though. Has a lot of promise. But I'll pass on this I guess.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this also a puzzling mystery as to why are they doing this
It's a regional thing, the series is popular in certain regions so it's probably worth making the game even if the IP doesn't enjoy global popularity.

Kind of why Sony kept making Invizimals games when only Spain truly cared about that franchise.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know that it's very popular here, I've read all of the comics and saw pretty much all the movies so I'm no amateur, I'm just surprised that after all these years they suddenly decided that the franchise had some potential in the video game market.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Sorry for the late update but I've linked to the twitter posts detailing the 2 editions.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So I guess this is out now... anyone playing? I love me some 3D platformers, would be interested to hear impressions.

Deleted member 10060

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want this, but I think I need to wait for a sale. I checked the store yesterday and it was around $60, and that... is just not a price I'm willing to pay for a remaster. It sucks, but I think they priced themselves out of the market with this title.

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's the german "review" (somewhat longer than the others on steam):

Fantastic game, as good as I remembered, only a little better. Better graphics, new challenges where, in the truest sense of the word, your have to "beat" Romans for additional time, a new skill system, new collectibles, outfits, a fast travel system that the old game really missed, levels of difficulty and achievements. Less beautiful, however, are the cutscenes, because they "remastered" absolutely nothing. These are the original pre-rendered videos that are just smaler, so you do not quite see how extreme pixelated they are .

He seems to like it.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded it yesterday for Switch. It's pretty fun!! Just the way I remember it.

The Spanish dub is horrible. Sometimes characters talk in English instead of Spanish, I suppose it's a bug but nothing serious. It sounds even better in English than in Spanish, and I'm considering to change the language.

Is Asterix popular outside of France and Belgium?

It's very popular in the Basque Country as well.

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece

Deleted member 10060

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems to be €49.99 on PS4 as well:

https://store.playstation.com/nl-nl/product/EP4295-CUSA13367_00-ASTERIXXXL2EUR00

PC games are usually cheaper than console game here in Europe, but this is ridiculous. €49.99 is way too much for a PS2 remaster.

This has to be a mistake. I've never seen anything like this before. PC games are usually cheaper, but not less than half the price cheaper, and all console versions tend to be priced the same. I think I'm gonna contact the dev and ask what's going on here.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
It's 50€ on the Switch as well here in EU, so I doubt it's a mistake. Definitely not in the price range I'd consider getting this remake, though definitely one I'd like to pick up during a sale.

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely is in Germany!

All mainland europe and south america. UK and north america dont give two fucks about it sadly (same with the majority of the european comic industry, that is pretty amazing, so its a pity about that also)

I downloaded it yesterday for Switch. It's pretty fun!! Just the way I remember it.

The Spanish dub is horrible. Sometimes characters talk in English instead of Spanish, I suppose it's a bug but nothing serious. It sounds even better in English than in Spanish, and I'm considering to change the language.

It's very popular in the Basque Country as well.

Pretty popular in Greece too.

Just bought the limited for 38.99 euros btw :P.
That's nice to hear, thanks

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
One of my favorite series. They are somewhat popular here in Brazil too, but I fear their popularity is fading.

I'll keep an eye on this game. Hope it means more games for the Gauls.