• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Man chapter 8 just goes

Jin's third car puzzle is too much for my poor action-orientated brain.
Can't decide if I want use brother or sister need some help here, who gets cooler looking gear

Personally I think the story works better if the player chooses to be the brother. Also I think the silent protagonist thing would feel worse if it felt like you were being mansplained to the entire time

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
How do you avoid being frozen and electrified in the annoying File 9 boss fight?

And why does it take 5 years to get your heart going again and standing up lol. This game, it's truly shit in places.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How do you avoid being frozen and electrified in the annoying File 9 boss fight?

And why does it take 5 years to get your heart going again and standing up lol. This game, it's truly shit in places.

See if anti-stun or super armor on your legion works + effect spread ability.
It literally takes less than five seconds to revive( just died on purpose and counted), could be because I keep pressing attack.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Damn there is a lot of post-game missions, I expect something like Bayonetta but I completed 20 of them and when looking at the achievement thing, there is much more content.
At least I saved all the cat, all is well on the Ark.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Beat the game just in time for DAEMON X MACHINA.
Liked it a lot, while the Camara is weird sometimes the combat is amazing.
Music is really good.
I'm not sure why but I went with the brother lead

Hopefully we see more of the Howard twins in the future... give me them in smash

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
file 9 ending lol

you're telling me that he might actually be the bad guy?

Zq0iBJK.jpg

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
Just finished File 09...

Now THAT was some grade A Platinum shit. I hope this pace continues, because that was a huge improvement over some of the earlier chapters.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah probably the worst Platinum final boss, those one hit attacks are bullshit, the framerate and camera also don't help in a fight like that.

...on what, PT Ultimate? I don't remember a single one-hit kill attack (or combo) on PT Standard, although I'll admit that I popped a couple full heals and... I want to say two revives? The framerate was awkward at times and I remember the camera being wonky for one stage of the fight but I don't think it was that difficult, at least not compared to Senator Armstrong.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
...on what, PT Ultimate? I don't remember a single one-hit kill attack (or combo) on PT Standard, although I'll admit that I popped a couple full heals and... I want to say two revives? The framerate was awkward at times and I remember the camera being wonky for one stage of the fight but I don't think it was that difficult, at least not compared to Senator Armstrong.
I thought Armstrong was more fair than this one :^S

He has 3 one hit attacks two orb like things that kill you when you step on them, and one combo with the other 'copies'

Also those red lasers eat too much health

S2PID

Oct 31, 2017
Can't beat R2-B1, get up to Kyle and lose.
Make sure to use the items they give you, like the Fishy Water (doubles attack power).

A lot of these File 12 cases throw some really impossible mobs at you, and the only way to deal with them is to buff up and blitz half the enemies before they can do anything. Kinda felt like I was suffering through Nier Automata's S Rank combat arena all over again lol

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I have a lot of issues with this chapter, but the two foremost are: 1. what was the point of Akira losing her shit for no reason 2. Why even have Noah prime? Platinum obligation? Noah Core was a really creative boss, they could have ended the file there. Put Prime as a bonus boss somewhere else.

Probably axe Legion, if in doubt.

And for some unknown reason the wait time is an upgradeable.

Last edited:

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Just killed that son of a bitch im not even sure how i was smashing all my Legions at once lol, i had to use the power up skill and ability, and i got to the second phase with all my curatives and he still managed to took them all in the last seconds.
😓 scary i won't do that again

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
My god, File 9 was just bloody amazing. Everything about it was amazing, be it the fights, the music and more. Can't wait to dig into File 10.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just killed that son of a bitch im not even sure how i was smashing all my Legions at once lol, i had to use the power up skill and ability, and i got to the second phase with all my curatives and he still managed to took them all in the last seconds.
😓 scary i won't do that again

Depending on how far you get into file 12, you might have to.

Edit: Like anti-stun and auto-evade is really damn helpful in the later missions for File 12. Maxed out Arrow, Axe and Beast legion are great to have especially.

Last edited:

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Uh I think one of my red cases in file 09 is glitching. The case is
find the missing child (the girl). I follow the chimera tracks to the gate, go inside... and there's nothing there. It's one of those flat areas where enemies usually spawn, except none do. There's no girl in there or any way to leave without restarting.
I've reloaded 3 times and get the same thing each time. Bugged?

Oct 25, 2017
Final boss keeps kicking my ass. I feel like there should be a way to more efficiently deal damage to it, but I'm at a loss. It feels like such a sponge and the longer it goes the more mistakes I make and those hits hurt. Can I grid by restarting the level?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Uh I think one of my red cases in file 09 is glitching. The case is
find the missing child (the girl). I follow the chimera tracks to the gate, go inside... and there's nothing there. It's one of those flat areas where enemies usually spawn, except none do. There's no girl in there or any way to leave without restarting.
I've reloaded 3 times and get the same thing each time. Bugged?
She's there, she's just impossible to find. Keep running around and eventually you'll get close enough to her to start the fight. It sucks, even if you know what direction she should be in from where you spawn it's still difficult to find her

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Just made it to File 10.

I had spotted "perform Legion Fusion x times" in the orders earlier and had wondered what that was about.

I guess I know now!

Also how are we in Hal's hideout and the dude still is piloting his drone from yet elsewhere

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
She's there, she's just impossible to find. Keep running around and eventually you'll get close enough to her to start the fight. It sucks, even if you know what direction she should be in from where you spawn it's still difficult to find her
Ha yeah I was just trying a 4th time and randomly stumbled on her, she was pretty hard to see.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Started the game last night -- holy shit, it's fucking awesome. I've played through the opening chapter and just returned with my sole remaining Legion. One quick question, should I bump it up to the Standard PT difficulty now? I'm not a particularly seasoned Platinum game player, but I worry that I'm not getting the full experience if I keep it on the casual difficulty. Thoughts welcome!

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Started the game last night -- holy shit, it's fucking awesome. I've played through the opening chapter and just returned with my sole remaining Legion. One quick question, should I bump it up to the Standard PT difficulty now? I'm not a particularly seasoned Platinum game player, but I worry that I'm not getting the full experience if I keep it on the casual difficulty. Thoughts welcome!

You are getting the full experience, it's just not graded and you get less batteries if you die.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
I think I kind of hate this last boss. The really powerful attacks come out with little to no warning, the lasers feel like their hitboxes are half the size of the room, and he has waaaay too much health. Oh well. Gotta keep throwing myself at it.

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
I enjoy this game way more than I though I would.

But it makes me crave for a Stand Alone complex game.
Is there a comprhensive cosmethics list somewhere?

Last edited:

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
File 09 ( I assume end of level boss).
Entering it without any opportunity to buy meds seems very unfair. And once again the shit platforming melts away health as you try to get to the boss and the jumping glitches out.

This game. Far more lows than highs.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I think I kind of hate this last boss. The really powerful attacks come out with little to no warning, the lasers feel like their hitboxes are half the size of the room, and he has waaaay too much health. Oh well. Gotta keep throwing myself at it.
Riding the Beast Legion helped me a lot during that fight. It auto-dodges 90% of those bullshit attacks and lets you travel fast.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
So, anyone notice that the final boss
has a head that looks suspiciously like a homonculous? I have a very strong feeling that the plot was heavily reconfigured during production and the different pieces of the story were stitched together. This would definitely explain chapter 1.

Also, about the final chapter:
It's basically a giant rip-off of End of Evangelion. Right down to Gendo trying to fuse with his Rey clones, and said clones aborting the whole thing. You can draw parallels to Evangelion for sport at this point.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
File 10 was fucking bonkers.
Both file 9 and 10 must be amongst the very best sequences Platinumgames ever realized, it's crazy.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
Alright. I think I'm done. This last boss is just too frustrating to me. I've been fighting him for like 4 hours in total. I've tried using the beast legion exclusively, I've tried using every legion, but I just don't feel in control. The combat was really clicking with me before this exact moment, but all these tiny little issues that I had with it built up and coalesced into one of the most frustrating boss fights I've ever experienced.

I know it's likely my fault, and not the game's. However, I don't see any purpose in wasting any more time on this when I'm just not enjoying it. Overall, the game is good. I have many issues with it; the pacing is off, the story is a little generic, and the combat takes a little too long to click. But when the game works, and the combat clicks, it's so stylish and satisfying. It's probably middle-of-the-pack for Platinum for me. I truly hope a sequel is made, and I hope I like it more next time around.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am watching videos online and players have 7 hearts. What the fuck. I have 3. Where do you get new ones from? How are they upgraded?

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. I just got 4 slots open on my Sword Legion, and I can see I have a "Perfect Call e-Heal 100%". That may help me.

Is Perfect Call when you get enough hits with your weapon to get the flash effect, then you bring in the Legion?

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. I just got 4 slots open on my Sword Legion, and I can see I have a "Perfect Call e-Heal 100%". That may help me.

Is Perfect Call when you get enough hits with your weapon to get the flash effect, then you bring in the Legion?

That's a sync attack. A perfect call is when you call your legion right when an enemy is attacking and they block the attack for you.

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Can you grind premium material on previous files? I need so much lol
Edit: I'm on file 10 btw

You can't grind premium materials at all since there is only a fixed amount in the game (a lot more than you need though), but there is plenty to find in earlier files with all the chests/pickups and cases that were previously inaccessible.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You can't grind premium materials at all since there is only a fixed amount in the game (a lot more than you need though), but there is plenty to find in earlier files with all the chests/pickups and cases that were previously inaccessible.
Cool Thanks. Totally forgot about places that needed the axe legion in like file 3

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, the
stealth parts
at the beginning of Chapter 6. The first part was okay, but once you make it through the door I couldn't figure it out and just had to fight.

Those 2 guys at the door, sometimes I'd provoke them to try to get them to move and then they'd do this weird thing where they'd start just walking together in a never ending circle. Is that a glitch or what they are really supposed to do?

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ugh, the
stealth parts
at the beginning of Chapter 6. The first part was okay, but once you make it through the door I couldn't figure it out and just had to fight.

Those 2 guys at the door, sometimes I'd provoke them to try to get them to move and then they'd do this weird thing where they'd start just walking together in a never ending circle. Is that a glitch or what they are really supposed to do?
Just send your legion out and wrap them both up at the same time.

Oct 27, 2017

Depends on how skilled you think you are. Even on Standard it's easier than usual Platinum games so I say go for it.