• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Yep, there's a legion maintenance station in the command room (and I think there's one in the training room), you can clean the red matter off the legions and also change their colours.
No way you missed that mechanic, it's in the same spot where you can change legion color. You clean the redshift off if you want. I cleaned my legions after every file and after every few cases in File 12.
Also fed the cats after every file too.
Yeah I knew about the colour changing, which is why I never clicked on it because I assumed that's all it was and I didn't care about it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I find it interesting that they're continuing putting out trailers and videos about the game almost a month into release. They really seem to want to maintain the series' mind share. For when they get into Smash lol

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I never really noticed what cleaning legions did I just assumed it would result in stat reduction over time. So it was part of my new file routine.

1) Check Orders for rewards and material codes before going shopping.
2) Clean legions and check to see if you've unlocked new color slots so I can paint them different colors.
3) Go to infirmary and buy medicine, etc. from Brenda.
4) Go downstairs to upgrade baton and/or legatus. Sell stuff to the guy at the desk if I don't have enough to upgrade (I practically never bought or used none-medical items like grenades, etc, at least not until File 12.)
5) Pause game and go to Legion learning. Upgrade the trees. Then go to Legion skills and assign new ones. Then the Legion skill slots thing to set the bonuses.
6) Scour precinct for items just sitting around.
7) Take care of circle and square missions around the precinct.

Pretty much what to do at the start of most files.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I never really noticed what cleaning legions did I just assumed it would result in stat reduction over time. So it was part of my new file routine.

1) Check Orders for rewards and material codes before going shopping.
2) Clean legions and check to see if you've unlocked new color slots so I can paint them different colors.
3) Go to infirmary and buy medicine, etc. from Brenda.
4) Go downstairs to upgrade baton and/or legatus. Sell stuff to the guy at the desk if I don't have enough to upgrade (I practically never bought or used none-medical items like grenades, etc, at least not until File 12.)
5) Pause game and go to Legion learning. Upgrade the trees. Then go to Legion skills and assign new ones. Then the Legion skill slots thing to set the bonuses.
6) Scour precinct for items just sitting around.
7) Take care of circle and square missions around the precinct.

Pretty much what to do at the start of most files.

Wait a minute, where is number 8?
Feeding the cats at Max's safehouse

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Guys please help... does anyone know how turn off cam lock on enemies ??? Its been ruining this game for me a looooot... it randomly switches target for me and I can't focus on the one I want to kill first.

dantès

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 24, 2019
Would like to buy this game, but I'm wondering how the quests & side quests are. You're a cop, so are you investigating murders, kidnappings, etc?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Would like to buy this game, but I'm wondering how the quests & side quests are. You're a cop, so are you investigating murders, kidnappings, etc?

Mostly "kidnappings", but in the sense that the enemies abduct people. You don't really do much serious investigation of crimes in general, let alone for side quests. The closest you get to that is when you look for stuff to answer "what happened here"/"what caused this" at the start of some chapters.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Yo, what...I can do some Metal Gear Rising shit and snatch souls/organs from enemies to fill up my health? I'm in file 03...is this one of the upgrades I bought? Because I just blindly bought a bunch of upgrades and wasn't sure what they all did.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
The Sword Legion's Triple Sword is super useful in building up resonance when fighting crowds of enemies. Love it.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Guys please help... does anyone know how turn off cam lock on enemies ??? Its been ruining this game for me a looooot... it randomly switches target for me and I can't focus on the one I want to kill first.
Can't remember what was the button for that specifically. But go back to the station and go to the tutorial station and do the lock on camera tutorial again. I had the same issue halfway through the game and a refresher with that tutorial cleared it all up for me.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
This game has great enemy variety, which is a crucial point for most action games to stay fresh throughout. The most impressive thing is how they constantly introduce new enemy types until the end, even in sidequests. I don't recall both Bayonettas to have such a plethora of enemies to fight.

On top of that i think the bosses are fantastic in design and mechanically. File 09 and 11 are the best examples for hype bosses.

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
I'm just about to start File 6, enjoying this a lot. Quick question about the apparent collectible cats; I've not found a single one so far. Is it just a case of using Iris a lot in the investigation scenes, or am I missing something else? Thanks!

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
Late post game a parry become very important.also Agamenon is a fun boss.

Last edited:

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Stealth sections are trash.
Stealth sections are easy once you realize
you can wrap around groups of enemies at once to bind them. Where you bind them also matters, and you can also bind guards who are attempting to free a bound patrol unit
. You're not timed in these missions, so taking it slow and observing
all of the alternate routes/paths you may have not noticed
is also a big thing.

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
If this game doesnt at least get nominee for soundtrack of the year I will choke myself.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
This nonsense of spawning arrow chimeras across the screen when I'm doing work on a tanky boss needs to stop. That shit is annoying

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Stealth sections are easy once you realize
you can wrap around groups of enemies at once to bind them. Where you bind them also matters, and you can also bind guards who are attempting to free a bound patrol unit
. You're not timed in these missions, so taking it slow and observing
all of the alternate routes/paths you may have not noticed
is also a big thing.

I don't think I ever learned how to bind them at once. Do you manually wrap your legion around them? I generally just got the pop-up to bind one at a time with one button. That made the two guys in front of the gate difficult in File 6 and the 2 guys at the canal drain thing difficult in .....I think it was File 10. Would have made my life a lot easier.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I ever learned how to bind them at once. Do you manually wrap your legion around them? I generally just got the pop-up to bind one at a time with one button. That made the two guys in front of the gate difficult in File 6 and the 2 guys at the canal drain thing difficult in .....I think it was File 10. Would have made my life a lot easier.
I just kinda intuit binding them, considering you could bind multiple enemies at once as well. Be sure to sufficiently Upgrade your Legion.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone seen like a Saur-tier combat mechanics breakdown of this game yet? Really want to explore every little nook and cranny.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Case R3-B2 is total bullshit and I give up.
I tried for hours and I just can't. First fight in the entire game I need to YouTube to see what to do

Damn I can't even find it easily on YouTube. I know some of you guys beat it, throw me a bone here. I don't want to give up so deep into File 12. I think I have 60 cases finished

Last edited:

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Haha the File 06 boss glitched on me and stayed stuck in mid-air in is "landing" animation. Easy S+ lmao.

Kyle's design is boss.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Kyle is a really cool character aesthetically and in terms of attitude.

Wish he featured more. This game could've done better with the characters it had, really.
Kyle had a good enough and unique enough design and was portrayed intelligently enough that I was rather surprised his part wasn't larger.
Fucker is a pain in the ass to fight in the File 12 combat missions, though.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
It's funny how my favourite two games this year have mute protagonists (Metro Exodus and Astral Chain).

Having a lot of fun with the endgame so far, the combat is just great fun.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
It's funny how my favourite two games this year have mute protagonists (Metro Exodus and Astral Chain).

I didn't hate mute protagonist (in fact, I don't really share the fervor against mute protagonist that has been really widespread lately), but I think it will be better if my Howard starts talking come next game.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I actually feel like the characters in this game are really under-rated.

Kyle was awesome. As were Hal, Marie, Lappy, Jena, Brenda, Max, Yoseph, and Olive. The quirks about each character were really well done. The only characters that felt bland and under-developed to me were the other cops in Max's unit - the fact that I can't remember their names off the top of my head kinda underscores the point.
In the early missions it seemed like they were going to be a big part of the story, but they just kinda went away, which was okay because they were a bit bland.
And the only annoying character - at times - was your twin, and this is because they made you voiceless and they have to talk/whine incessantly.

Would like to see Kyle play a big role in a sequel and would welcome more missions with Hal as a companion. That dude in the later missions was totally justified being in love with OIive.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Kyle had a good enough and unique enough design and was portrayed intelligently enough that I was rather surprised his part wasn't larger.
Fucker is a pain in the ass to fight in the File 12 combat missions, though.

How far are y'all into file 12?

There's a late file 12 mission I cannot beat.

It's the one where you have to fight a set of bosses back to back with no revives on the Highway. First you fight Agememnon, and then Hecate shows up when he's at half health. When you beat them, Cerebus comes through and then at half health Enchiladas (not their name but close enough) appears. If you get past these two you get one of the giant arm chimera bosses, and then about halfway through his health the big shield chimera boss shows up. The problem is, they all spam AOE and projectile attacks like crazy. The only way I can find to consistently get to the last 2 is to keep calling on the Axe Legion and then dismissing him after he blocks, so that was he's consistently shielding me. Also the shield chimera has a OHKO giant laser that is total bullshit. It even goes through the Axe Legion shield. It keeps killing me when I get to them.

Nov 14, 2017
I didn't hate mute protagonist (in fact, I don't really share the fervor against mute protagonist that has been really widespread lately), but I think it will be better if my Howard starts talking come next game.
My only real issue with the mute protag is that they didn't even bother having them talk during a few key story moments. Even one word exclamations would've worked fine.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Beat the game... got mixed feelings...

Great atmosphere.
Great combat.
Great customization.

Platforming is trash.
Stealth sections are trash.
The camera can be trash at times.
The playable character not having a voice is trash.
Still didn't finished it (I am at the beginning of what can be call epilogue I guess) but that's exactly my take on it too. I can add the bad quality of most side missions too.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

Having a lot of fun with the endgame so far, the combat is just great fun
alot of games have mute protagonists these days, FE 3 Houses, the Zeldas,Pokemon, Mario,all FROM games except Sekiro,XenobladeX, Dragon Quest,Dragons Dogma,etc etc

Its like they are in fashion :^P
simply a way of integrating the player to the game without having to create a main character or designing a bland enough one that nobody hates

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
Trash is a harsh word :P
I thought stealh section got a plus because of forgiving checkpoint /show enemy line of sight / enemy usually stand far enough with each other
and you can do takedown from a far with chain.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game, I got a story question.

So is it implied that the Raven-uniform Akira you fight alongside after File 06 is a clone of the original? It sure seems that way - every Raven unit turns out to have been a clone, and the endgame reveals that the surviving Akira clone had the memories of the old Akira transplanted, showing that they have the technology to give clones fabricated memories. Plus, during the final boss it seems like Akira is in sync with all of his clones. Is it possible Yoseph had the first clone implanted with Akira's memories to uphold the facade until his endgame?

That would be a wild swerve, OG Akira might've been dead since File 04 if that's the case.