• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Chaos17

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
That's one of the side quest, feel weird but cool at same time to be rewarded to clean un the street XD

Goodnight Era, I will post more gifs tomorow~

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017

Bethesda: "You see that mountain? You can climb it."

Platinum: "You see that trashcan? There's some trash by your feet, go ahead and throw that away for me, chief."

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
That new round of Treehouse footage is good as ever. I agree with another comment that each stage providing you the opportunity to explore and find side quests is pretty reminiscent of Deus Ex. And that's good.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
The treehouse demos were amazing, really showed off how unique and interesting the combat system is as well as showing the cool worldbuilding stuff in between. This is my most anticipated game now for sure.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
It looks really great but I just want confirmation about the framerate.
It looked like 30fps to me in all footage seen so far, but I just want confirmation.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was kinda hoping this comes to PC but since it's Switch only I'm actually considering getting one for this, love Platinum Games and their combat systems, it's the reason why I still play Nier regularly each month, and also why I still revisit games like Metal Gear Rising and Vanquish every so often, combat here looks awesome. I've got some time though since the game comes out in August, might have to seriously start thinking about saving up until then XD.
It's a Nintendo first party IP.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Come on. This game needs more fucking hype. I want to see it sell 2 million. Nintendo should give it its own direct and put out a demo. This game is ambitious as hell and looks amazing. There's not enough hype.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited for this game and i hope it does well.

It hasn't quite got me ultra hyper for me yet but I think it's just because it's a new IP.

Hoping when I get my hands on it it'll really draw me in.

Do the Twins have any sort of default name? I need to know who to beg for in Smash.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
I was excited after the initial reveal but man that tree house bit really sells the game. Game looks deep and fun as shit

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited for this game and i hope it does well.

It hasn't quite got me ultra hyper for me yet but I think it's just because it's a new IP.

Hoping when I get my hands on it it'll really draw me in.

Do the Twins have any sort of default name? I need to know who to beg for in Smash.

The twin you don't choose as the MC seems to always be named Akira. So I guess that's the closest to a default.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Oh my god, I'm already excited for this game. I was hoping i can explore the open world/area after the initial reveal but fully expecting it to be linear. The second treehouse gameplay blew me away.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

I wonder if this is an homage to the Half-Life 2 "pick up that soda and throw it in the can"

Though it's kind of amusing how it disappears when he picks it up and in HL2 15 years ago the can would obey physics and persist as a real world object. I know different priorities and all, and I'm very hyped for this game, but to see these regressions is amusing sometimes.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Ok that part 2 treehouse video with the two serious boss fights after 25 mins just assured me this is gonna be a platinum classic. Those crazy bastards did it again. This game is perhaps even their most stylish in combat yet, some crazy flexibility in styles of combat.

My #1 anticipated game of 2019 now.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Ok that part 2 treehouse video with the two serious boss fights after 25 mins just assured me this is gonna be a platinum classic. Those crazy bastards did it again. This game is perhaps even their most stylish in combat yet, some crazy flexibility in styles of combat.

My #1 anticipated game of 2019 now.
Yep. Those *ting* sound cues are so satisfying. Animation is like Automata quality. There's the pulling off enemy's core satisfying animation from MGR Rising. And goofy/fun side quest/open world like Yakuza. Coolest setting ever. God like soundtrack already like Automata. Seems like the ultimate Platinum games.

Why is it generating so less hype around here? Like jesus christ, the soundtrack, from the 2 trailers and the super soft soundtrack from the boss fight, WHO'S COMPOSING IT!? It sounds so nier automata.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Yep. Those *ting* sound cues are so satisfying. Animation is like Automata quality. There's the pulling off enemy's core satisfying animation from MGR Rising. And goofy/fun side quest/open world like Yakuza. Coolest setting ever. God like soundtrack already like Automata. Seems like the ultimate Platinum games.

Why is it generating so less hype around here?
Its getting overshadowed by BotW2, FF7R, Elden Ring, Avengers, Animal Crossing, etc. probably gonna recieve more attention closer to release

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have you guys been watching the treehouse demonstrations? Theres so much to this game and the graphics remain outstanding for switch.

The 2nd day has the dev doing a more "pro" run on the boss and it opened up so much more stuff. I can't fucking wait.

Oct 25, 2017

Why is it generating so less hype around here? Like jesus christ, the soundtrack, from the 2 trailers and the super soft soundtrack from the boss fight, WHO'S COMPOSING IT!? It sounds so nier automata.
I have to imagine the low hype in here has to do with the platform. To me this is the greatest thing in the world but I'll never play it. I imagine a lot of action game fans would rather not even put themselves through this pain, lmao.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 I was kind of paying half-attention, but I was still looking forward to it. But today's presentation had me enamored, game looks so good!

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017

Why is it generating so less hype around here?

I don't know why it's flying under the radar so consistently - it doesn't have a composer / performer as proven as Okabe/Hoashi/Evans attached to it, and lacks any instantly iconic characters like 2B, as well as not having Yoko Taro's cult persona and in contrast to Automata a decidedly average sounding story - but even with all that it's shaping up too strongly to be totally ignored.

I guess they should have invested more in ass.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
I have to imagine the low hype in here has to do with the platform. To me this is the greatest thing in the world but I'll never play it. I imagine a lot of action game fans would rather not even put themselves through this pain, lmao.
In a way, yea I agree. From the footage they've shown, it looks too good to be true even for 30fps. Maybe throwing it up to 1080p screen it will look rough. But I never had issue with Bayonetta 2 on Wii U so should be fine. Would be great to see it on other stronger platform but i'll take what I can.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
This game is my E3 Game of the Show (sorry Zelda). It just looks so cool and it should be getting WAY MORE attention.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Today showcase that it does indeed look like the most interesting and unique take on P*'s battle system this side of W101 and Transformers Devastation. I'm in.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I dunno, I keep wanting to like Platinum stuff but I never do.

W101 was the one game of there's that was definitely up my alley, unless you wanna also count Okami?

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
If I had to get only one game this year it would be this one, looks phenomenal. Love the thread, please don't sleep on it :O