• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
This looks beyond incredible. Love the box art - I'm surprised so many of you folks don't. It looks like a classic example of SNES era Japanese box art that everyone loves, but which wasn't used for the Western release, in favour of something far less interesting.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
please be 60fps please be 60fps

EDIT: The composition is trying a little too hard to lean into Nier. Honestly I think the game overall might be suffering from Nier imposter syndrome due to the director wanting to recapture its success.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
This looks beyond incredible. Love the box art - I'm surprised so many of you folks don't. It looks like a classic example of SNES era Japanese box art that everyone loves, but which wasn't used for the Western release, in favour of something far less interesting.

Who snapped her spine in half so we could see her ass and breasts at the same time?

It's like a marvel cover from the 90's, that shit is awful.

It'll try, I'd expect...a lot of frame dips.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a top-notch Platinum game.

The box-art looks like those budget games that try to trick the consumer into thinking the game is actually AAA... think Sodesco.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I think the cover looks fine, I mean yes there is the covered ass with the logo, but overall its a simple if generic comic style box,i don't think its that bad, at least its not a CG shot or something like that

Deleted member 24540

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My best guess is that's the dimension where the Legion/Chimeras come from. But there's of course gameplay of the battles in the city proper

I thought the same thing. Yeah but the city battles are walled off by cars or by actual walls during combat. And these combat arenas are flat and empty too, there aren't any obstacles or anything. I want combat to take place within the organic environments you can explore. Like it would be cool to fight in narrow alleys, throw enemies at cars, etc.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Zetman manga creator did that boxart?
latest

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the same thing. Yeah but the city battles are walled off by cars or by actual walls during combat. And these combat arenas are flat and empty too, there aren't any obstacles or anything.

I saw a couple of battles where there's those weird crystals sticking out of the ground all over the place. The dog video posted above also shows a fight on a street littered with vehicles.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
This is easily my most hyped game of this year. My god it's like Bayonetta but somehow even more stylish, and with Nier Automata music? Fuuuuck.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so down for this. Looks great and it's by Platinum. Surprised it's coming out in 2 months already. Nintendo is really killing it with their lineup. Pretty much every month has a big release.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
They are too used to realistic models on poses or faces i guess, the box is inoffensive and mostly fits the game well with its cel shaded look

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This is my fucking jam. Platinum combat, cool setting and art direction and investigative gameplay. Let's get it. Time to watch some videos.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

EDIT: The composition is trying a little too hard to lean into Nier. Honestly I think the game overall might be suffering from Nier imposter syndrome due to the director wanting to recapture its success.
It will probably be along other Platinum games, 45 fps ish

Hey if that helps the game fine by me im not complaining

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
I do not have a switch so have no vested interest in this game, but damn does it look quite good artistically and performance wise for a a game on the switch hardware.

OP
OP
Chaos17

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
I wonder if the box art is really final because the artworks on the official website are kind of different style/vibe.

index_img_chara.png
index_img_chara.png

As far as I know your squad members aren't playable. But let's wait and see if more infos ill be revealed later.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Who snapped her spine in half so we could see her ass and breasts at the same time?

It's like a marvel cover from the 90's, that shit is awful.

I mean, I've seen those spine-snap covers. This isn't anywhere near that level - it's an over-shoulder-look. It's easy, I'm doing it right now (and will on every box art I am asked to appear in, devs hmu). The fact that she's doing an over-shoulder-look is definitely worth criticising, but this isn't an example of Leifeld-era bad art.

I get the complaints about the character design of course, but I got the impression that a lot of people who don't care for the box art (and didn't specify why) disliked it for other reasons.

Edit: Actually it's not even over the shoulder, it's just a regular look-behind-you. Anatomically sound, but you're right that it's an unnatural pose for sure.

Last edited: