• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

maneauleau

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
So they haven't announced a special edition outside of Japan for this?
Game looks dope! Kinda wish there was a collectors edition

Announced for Europe
D8zYDGBWwAAJYPw

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
The gameplay looks absolutely awesome. End August - September is just too insane.

OP
OP
Chaos17

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
Exploration trick : you can use your stand legion to spy on people, only you can see it.

CoSAI04.jpg

Your sibling does battle with you but don't know if he/she will do real damages.
OcVm052.jpg

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
please be 60fps please be 60fps

EDIT: The composition is trying a little too hard to lean into Nier. Honestly I think the game overall might be suffering from Nier imposter syndrome due to the director wanting to recapture its success.

I'm not hearing it. Lots of electric guitar here and very different sounding vocals/choirs compared to NieR - nevermind the compositions themselves. It actually sounds really distinct compared to other video game soundtracks in general and I wonder who the composer is. It's not the usual PG composers that's for sure.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So if you change your skin color the twin also changes?
Also the gameplay is awesome, the detective aspect is more interesting than i expected

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
That Treehouse gameplay was awesome. Glad to see more of the depth to the investigation stuff.

OP
OP
Chaos17

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
So if you change your skin color the twin also changes?
Also the gameplay is awesome, the detective aspect is more interesting than i expected
Yup, your twin will change his/her skin color based on your main character.

Do we know what the multiplayer is?
No news about multiplayer at the moment but tomorrow they said they will show more advanced gameplay. So we will see.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Before this E3 I was planning on getting only Zelda LA and Super Mario Maker until the end of the year.

Now I'm day one for Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon and Astral Chain. Better stop watching the threehouse before I go bankrupt.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
crosspost:
So Astral chain is interesting.
MC looks to be silent. But the one you didn't choose talks.

You can choose both, so I wonder what they're going to do for the "major" cutscenes.
Are they really going to make every major cutscene twice (at least alter it) to have one silent and one talk? I don't think so.
I think the MC will talk in major cutscenes, but I'm not positive.

Being silent seems unneccessary to me anyway. Esp since you can choose either character.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
crosspost:

You can choose both, so I wonder what they're going to do for the "major" cutscenes.
Are they really going to make every major cutscene twice (at least alter it) to have one silent and one talk? I don't think so.

Being silent seems unneccessary to me anyway. Esp since you can choose either character.
It's probably so players can "self-insert" themselves (i.e., choose to play as a male or female and have the opposite sex talk to them). It's the only reason I can think of.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably so players can "self-insert" themselves (i.e., choose to play as a male or female and have the opposite sex talk to them). It's the only reason I can think of.
Could be.
It'll just be weird in the major story cutscenes. When they're talking again.

Unless they fully commit to it, and really will do each cutscene two-over in places where the Twins talk.

I personally am fine with characters talking to other people while on the world map or in battle. If there's something to say

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
crosspost:

wait you can change characters midgame?

marc^o^

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Art direction is fantastic, best I've seen in a while. I want to spend time in this world. I love the mix of genres, character design, environment, combat. And it was only an early level.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
For me this is the most interesting Platinum game since Vanquish. Finally a decent art direction and that gameplay is magnificent!

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Urgh so frustrated with this game, everything points to it being a favourite due to Nier influences but I just don't get the art style, like at all.

NesFe00

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, so the art was done by the manga artist of Zetman. Looks decent I guess. Excited to play this game in a couple of month.