• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
So they're sticking with the original release date, I guess they were mostly done with it when on its reveal. Looking forward to it.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
The boxart kinda grew on me, but I'll be going digital regardless. And that Treehouse gameplay was crazy

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
That Platinum action...

RealAcademicEmu-size_restricted.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I was NOT expecting full character customization!

The graphics in the beginning shooting section are incredible, too.

This game is neat.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
I wounder where does this fall 4 to 6 hours ala boynata, or 25 to 30 ala neir anamata. my guess is 4 to 6 hours.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it needs a more catchy thread title like "Hey guys we need to talk about how Astral Chain has a character creator" or "Astral Chain looks like Platinum got it's groove back" or even "Does Astral Chain Suck?" and the first post can be no actually, it doesn't.

I wounder where does this fall 4 to 6 hours ala boynata, or 25 to 30 ala neir anamata. my guess is 4 to 6 hours.

If you watch the trailer it looks more like Automata than Bayonetta. There's a lot of stuff happening other than just encounter to encounter combat

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get how more people aren't talking about this game it looks awesome.
Too many games to talk about, for example i am hyped for this, Zelda, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem but I have only be really been pating attention on this game and Fire Emblem because the discussion is slower. If I gave attention to Zelda or Animal Crossing I am surre it would suck my life for the next week

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the Treehouse playthrough...damn, this game looks awesome as hell. Loved the opening bit on the motorcycle. Yeah, this game is gonna be my jam. I wish I had more time...

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it needs a more catchy thread title like "Hey guys we need to talk about how Astral Chain has a character creator" or "Astral Chain looks like Platinum got it's groove back" or even "Does Astral Chain Suck?" and the first post can be no actually, it doesn't.
Maybe next week after the e3 hype slow down. Maybe we can create a xeno 2 effect that if enough bad threads are made about this game it ends up being a success

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017

If you watch the trailer it looks more like Automata than Bayonetta. There's a lot of stuff happening other than just encounter to encounter combat
I did but it also ends ech area with a score screen like boyanata, so that seems to imply speed run/score attack meaning shorter game. like I said I am not sure which road it will take.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
I did but it also ends ech area with a score screen like boyanata, so that seems to imply speed run/score attack meaning shorter game. like I said I am not sure which road it will take.
I think it tries to make players get the most out of the combat system and all the potential combo's that come with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the Treehouse stuff looked A LOT like Automata in structure. Taura did his homework.

Even the shooting segment to open the game with dialogue is very reminiscent.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Watched a bit of the Treehouse. This game looks really good, but what is it exactly made out of? Do you have a central hub and then go to different missions/scenarios? Is it a single open world? Is it just battle after battle? How long will it take to finish? I like it, but I don't plan to spend $60 on it without being sure of what it is exactly and the stuff in the OP didn't answer my questions :/

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay just oozes Platinum style. I'm already in love with it.

Oct 25, 2017
The game leans more towards DMC, Bayonetta, and Metal Gear Rising than Nier: Automata. Not that I am complaining.
Based on what? The flow of the combat looked more like nier then anything else to me and the extraneous stuff looks more RPG like. Same director too. The only reason Nier: A didn't have a grading system was that it the original game didn't. I think this game will sit halfway between Nier A and the usual platinum fare.

Oct 25, 2017
Watched a bit of the Treehouse. This game looks really good, but what is it exactly made out of? Do you have a central hub and then go to different missions/scenarios? Is it a single open world? Is it just battle after battle? How long will it take to finish? I like it, but I don't plan to spend $60 on it without being sure of what it is exactly and the stuff in the OP didn't answer my questions :/
Well it's not battle to battle- There's a shop, missions and the police base area. And even in that little gameplay trailer you see the player character doing other stuff than fighting. I think it might be hub+side quests+missions that you ride the bike out to

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
Based on what? The flow of the combat looked more like nier then anything else to me and the extraneous stuff looks more RPG like. Same director too. The only reason Nier: A didn't have a grading system was that it the original game didn't. I think this game will sit halfway between Nier A and the usual platinum fare.
if it leans neir I am in day one, but if t leans boyanata, I will just wait for a sale. call me stingy, but I am not paying $60 for a 5 hour game.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ffffffffffuuuuuu... just let me pre-order that collector's edition already. God help me I don't even care how much it is.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Treehouse sold it to me that it is a game I must get. Hopefully this game sells well enough to create a franchise out of it

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Not a single female character is wearing pants. All booty shorts or a mini skirt/dress.

While every male character is complete covered. Nothing revealing at all.

So lame.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
please be 60fps please be 60fps

EDIT: The composition is trying a little too hard to lean into Nier. Honestly I think the game overall might be suffering from Nier imposter syndrome due to the director wanting to recapture its success.
That's all I'm hoping for. I'm still gonna get it since everything looks nice, but that will essentially conplete the game for me.