• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't the girl on the right here wearing them?
astralchain1_feature.png
She's wearing tights under her shorts with thigh high boots. All the other female officers do that.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Was kinda hoping this comes to PC but since it's Switch only I'm actually considering getting one for this, love Platinum Games and their combat systems, it's the reason why I still play Nier regularly each month, and also why I still revisit games like Metal Gear Rising and Vanquish every so often, combat here looks awesome. I've got some time though since the game comes out in August, might have to seriously start thinking about saving up until then XD.

Oct 25, 2017
If the male MC can't run around in a speedo, then what's the point?
Like, fair.

One thing I hope (that doesn't seem to be an issue in the footage I've seen) is that the game has plenty of interesting enemies to use the crazy combat mechanics against. Nier A had some cool shit in it that was completely pointless because the encounters were so braindead. I'd love if this game had a bunch of real hard bastards in it that push you to experiment ala grace and glory

Oct 25, 2017
Was kinda hoping this comes to PC but since it's Switch only I'm actually considering getting one for this, love Platinum Games and their combat systems, it's the reason why I still play Nier regularly each month, and also why I still revisit games like Metal Gear Rising and Vanquish every so often, combat here looks awesome. I've got some time though since the game comes out in August, might have to seriously start thinking about saving up until then XD.
Do you have the equipment to make Switch gifs?

Please say yes.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Like, fair.

One thing I hope (that doesn't seem to be an issue in the footage I've seen) is that the game has plenty of interesting enemies to use the crazy combat mechanics against. Nier A had some cool shit in it that was completely pointless because the encounters were so braindead. I'd love if this game had a bunch of real hard bastards in it that push you to experiment ala grace and glory

The messy difficulty balancing also had a hand in it alongside the enemy design - it's not a coincidence that anything interesting with the combat system is done with debug immortal enemies.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have the equipment to make Switch gifs?

Please say yes.
Well, yeah, that's the plan :D, even though my capture card is quite old it still does 1080/30 through HDMI and with pretty good image quality so it shouldn't be an issue, this game is just the tipping point for me, Zelda is the other, just price wise the console has never been at a point where I'm willing to pay. Don't want to wait much longer though so by the time this comes out I'll probably end up getting one.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Man, I love absolutely EVERYTHING about this game.
That box art is highly amazing too!
So super hyped.

This game came so out of nowhere back then and I was instantly hooked. Immediately felt the magic going on there between me and the game.

Deleted member 22405

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly this game impresses the hell outta me artistic wise. Its nice to see folks besides Nintendo getting the most outta the Switch.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
This game almost feels more classic Cyberpunk than Cyberpunk 2077 to me in some places but I know I'm biased to stylized art.

I'm absolutely in love.

The combat looks great, the maps and visuals look great, it has a really cool hook being a sort of cyber detective.

I'm in day 1.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Absolutely SOLD if I wasn't before. Nintendo has finally noticed summertime! I'm gonna be broke with SMM2, MUA3, AsC, FETH, DQ11 and other smaller games omg...what a YEAR!

May 9, 2019
Game looks really good. Usually I don't watch Treehouse demonstrations but I'm sold. The investigations, police stuff and combat look epic.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that they said they'd show off more of the game tomorrow on Treehouse as well. So hopefully they'll dive even deeper into the combat since they heavily stated there was so much more to it.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I have been on board since this thing was revealed -- glad to see ya'll getting on the train. Everything we've seen at E3 just keeps this game near the top of my most anticipated list.

That's some conveniently-placed text.

Not denying that I laughed when I realized what they did, but that's a surprisingly effective solution to what was otherwise a really bad, eyes-go-right-the-butt composition.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of stylistic elements I dig but it still doesn't seem on par with the bests in the genre in terms of identity. Will wait/hope to find it cheaper down the line.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
This looks all kinds of fantastic. I buy all Platinum action games immediately, but now I'm legit excited for Astral Chain.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, this looks pretty promising. I skimmed through the treehouse gameplay video but didn't have audio - I take it this is a straightforward action game rather than an ARPG? It seemed like they were collecting some sort of a resource and some items though, does it still have some sort of a character progression system in place?

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Well, yeah, that's the plan :D, even though my capture card is quite old it still does 1080/30 through HDMI and with pretty good image quality so it shouldn't be an issue, this game is just the tipping point for me, Zelda is the other, just price wise the console has never been at a point where I'm willing to pay. Don't want to wait much longer though so by the time this comes out I'll probably end up getting one.
I'll contribute 5$. Need some gifs.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this looks pretty promising. I skimmed through the treehouse gameplay video but didn't have audio - I take it this is a straightforward action game rather than an ARPG? It seemed like they were collecting some sort of a resource and some items though, does it still have some sort of a character progression system in place?
I would just guess it is very close to Nier: Automata in gameplay, because the Director is Taura who worked directly with Yoko Taro at Platinum in developing the game, and this his directorial debut.

Heck, the opening sequence is a shooter style gameplay which is pretty much exactly how Nier: A began as well

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
watched the trailer again, man this game looks insane! but i'm not sure if i want to watch gameplay footage or not.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018

japanese trailer has an extra tidbit at the end, kinda like how the first one had the recycling bit

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Cover is whatever but the game looks amazing. Love how snappy summoning your legion is and the combat looks very promising.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game looks so hilariously good. I wasn't even expecting all of the police work/investigation shenanigans. And picking up red matter with your demon friend looks satisfying as hell lol. Can't wait for this!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
anyone know the english voice actors? I swear to god it's 9S (Kyle McCarley) and maybe A2 (Cheremai Leigh). Of course i might just be influenced because they're asking whether shit be a blessing or a curse

Deleted member 26293

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's more actionRPG-ish than i expected but i'm fine with it.

Looks incredibly good and the soundtrack is giving me some nice Revengeance vibes, can't fucking wait.