• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually not going to customize the characters myself because I'm use to their default designs now. Do they have canon names? I know the sibling you don't play as is named Akira in the story, but anything beyond that?

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
That gameplay footage with the bosses looks even more interesting than I thought it would and actually might be most most anticipated game of the year. The combination of using the chains for combat for a number different scenarios and constantly changing in between looks really fun.

Oct 29, 2017
So looking forward to this. This is the game that convinced me to get another set of Nintendo Game Vouchers (along with Fire Emblem).

I'm hoping that there will be more of an open-world (or at least semi-open-world) component to it, especially with this concept of investigations and doing police work. But, even if it turns out to be more MGR like - smaller stages with specific goals and set-pieces - I'm still set.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Edit : You mean in the trailers ?
I guess it could be more obvious.
Maybe they wanted to show that specifically in the Treehouse.
I agree it would have been nice in the second trailer, in the E3 N Direct.

Yeah, the trailers make it look like you're mostly fighting. Some of us suspected that there might be more to the game's world but it wasn't very clear cut.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks awesome. But I have to wonder, has anyone from the press asked why the girl has those shorts instead of proper pants?

Oct 25, 2017
I... erm. It's doesn't look bad by all means, but if I didn't already know it was by P* and you told me, I'd be surprised. It looks really slow paced and overloaded with repeating same exact cinematic finisher after pressing designated QTE button.
The cinematic finisher thing seems to be balanced to not appear all the time. Its gameplay purpose is to refill your Stand meter, much like how MGR's spine crushing refills your zandatsu meter, so if you still have enough to kill a few more enemies, might as well ignore the prompt until the last one.

But if it's as satisfying to do as it was in MGR, I'd just end up using it even when I don't need to. :D

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Still hard to believe this runs on Switch, art style can produce magic sometimes.

why am I reading this all the time? I mean, we certainly haven't seen what the switch is capable of when being pushed. console optimization is still a thing. the ps4 went from infamous ss to horizon zd and god of war.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why am I reading this all the time? I mean, we certainly haven't seen what the switch is capable of when being pushed. console optimization is still a thing. the ps4 went from infamous ss to horizon zd and god of war.
Once new systems come out, people forget what old systems were capable of. There are folks here who still think GTA 5 can't run on switch despite it being a 360/ps3 game at heart

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Hmm, the game looks fairly good, but I fully expected to be blown away by the gameplay, and I'm not. It just doesn't look that fun. The investigation parts look boring too.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017

Because Platinum normally isn't the studio to put out a Horizon or God of War level technical showcase.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about this game looks incredible. Every time they show it off the depth increases like tenfold.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, the trailers make it look like you're mostly fighting. Some of us suspected that there might be more to the game's world but it wasn't very clear cut.
I thought it was mostly focused on story, which is in a way a good tihng (if the story is indeed good), but clearly 1/3 to 1/4 of it should have been investigation/exploration gameplay instead). Battle scenes happen often but seem kinda quick in trailers from what I remember.

We could probably make better trailers ourselves just but by mixing some Treehouse footage together.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This looks amazing. And coming out so soon after the announcement too.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I can't put my finger on it, but I'm getting Freedom Wars vibes from this.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
So far gameplay has been 30fps and that may be very distracting when playing the game for me. I really hope that it'll at least target 60fps on release. It's my only concern so far, everything else looks great.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oops, preordered the LE from Shopto without logging into my account...

Anyway to link the order to my account?

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I'd frankly prefer a locked 30fps over aiming for 60fps with enormous frame drops. Nier Automata on base PS4 was awful in that regard.