• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Chaos17

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
I'm actually not going to customize the characters myself because I'm use to their default designs now. Do they have canon names? I know the sibling you don't play as is named Akira in the story, but anything beyond that?

From the japanese website (I used automatic translator)

list_img_chara.png

Born 20 years ago in the midst of the worst accident in ARC history, one of the twins grown up by an orphanage who happened to be married by Max. The growing protagonist became a policeman after seeing Max's back and growing. Later, he was overtaken by Yeozef to join Neuron in the middle

The title "Akira Howard" appears as if you did not select it as a player character in the game.

This is Maximilian (Max) Howard

list_img_chara.png

The captain of Newon, who seems to be a strong rapport, but because of his high ability to judge the situation and his good looks, he has been able to grow orphans and Akira with a single man. He is anxious about the two men who became members of Neuron, but he is not quite comfortable.

Source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/ab48a/character/03.html

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really visit any gaming sites anymore (except this one) due to them being blocked at work. Are gaming sites covering this game much? If not its a damn shame.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Can't wait! Best in show.
So is Platinum getting $$$ from Nintendo to bring these exclusive IP to Switch or is Nintendo owning rights to these games? The quality looks off the "chain".

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
30, 60 whatever lol. Game looks amazing and no way I can wait for a possible revision/remaster at some point (which probably will never happen, has platinum ever done a remaster?)

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm curious, what do you think looks awful about it?
Awful was too strong of a word.
I think the gameplay looks incredible and fun.

However I think the player character designs look just....incredibly lame.
I am also really really not digging this....over sharp aesthetic. Everything looks like someone took the sharpness slider on their tv and cranked it to 11. Edit: Also the cover art is like...parody bad.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Awful was too strong of a word.
I think the gameplay looks incredible and fun.

However I think the player character designs look just....incredibly lame.
I am also really really not digging this....over sharp aesthetic. Everything looks like someone took the sharpness slider on their tv and cranked it to 11.

Ah you mean visually. Yeah I agree a bit on some of the character designs. I think some look great but others (like the female twin's face) look really weird.

I actually like the sharpness but that's obviously a subjective thing.

OP
OP
Chaos17

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
I will begin to make gifs about what can we do as police officer (quest or sub quest type).

First of all, I will start with the type quest "Motorcycle Chase" which actually happen on your way to a location (from Tree House staff). I don't know if it will be a random encounter or not, they did not say.

AcidicOrnateHumpbackwhale-size_restricted.gif
YearlyTerrificAsianporcupine-size_restricted.gif

PoisedDistantHedgehog-size_restricted.gif
FlawlessFavorableBeardeddragon-size_restricted.gif

I don't really visit any gaming sites anymore (except this one) due to them being blocked at work. Are gaming sites covering this game much? If not its a damn shame.
I've been stalking my tweeter and it seems beside a press kit release that was given to some websites during this E3 there isn't anything else. My hunch is that the game was not on the show floor and there was no private demo like Link Awekening had.

Last edited:

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ah you mean visually. Yeah I agree a bit on some of the character designs. I think some look great but others (like the female twin's face) look really weird.

I actually like the sharpness but that's obviously a subjective thing.
Yeah definitely subjective but it's to a point where it bugs me enough that I don't think I can move past it. It just looks....super wrong to me.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I've never played Bayonetta and frankly just don't generally play Platinum-style games, but man, this thing looks truly exceptional every time I see it.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this game looks good. Glad that the framework for Bayonetta isn't being shoehorned into this game as well and people predictably go crazy over it. I'm glad to see the Platinum formula expanding and gradually evolving.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
I will begin to make gifs about what can we do as police officer (quest or sub quest type).

First of all, I will start with the type quest "Motorcycle Chase" which actually happen on your way to a location (from Tree House staff). I don't know if it will be a random encounter or not, they did not say.

AcidicOrnateHumpbackwhale-size_restricted.gif
YearlyTerrificAsianporcupine-size_restricted.gif

PoisedDistantHedgehog-size_restricted.gif
FlawlessFavorableBeardeddragon-size_restricted.gif

I've been stalking my tweeter and it seems beside a press kit release that was given to some websites during this E3 there isn't anything else. My hunch is that the game was not on the show floor and there was no private demo like Link Awekening had.
That's a bummer but if it wasn't on the show floor (which is surprising) it makes sense.

OP
OP
Chaos17

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
This time, gif show case how you can restrain an NPC in different situations.
You actually have to direct your Legion to circle around the npc to restrain him/her, same control mechanic for enemies. It's not an auto button.

ParallelSplendidAmmonite-size_restricted.gif

CompassionateGlitteringBirdofparadise-size_restricted.gif

Wait, what video are these from? The skill tree looks awesome
They're from the second part of Tree House demo. Link in the first post.
Sorry for the late reply.

Last edited:

Metroidfan09

Jan 10, 2019
England
30fps, 60fps... I don't care what it is, I just need this game! I didn't have an issue with the 30fps in DmC and i wont with this unless its as bad as Bayo on PS3

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
You actually have to direct your Legion to circle around the npc to restrain him/her, same control mechanic for enemies. It's not an auto button.

They're from the second part of Tree House demo. Link in the first post.
Sorry for the late reply.
man I'm loving all the "open world" type things you can do. Havent gotten into the streams too much yet but looks like there is a bit of depth there.

Deku

Oct 25, 2017

I'd be terrified if something like this happened. Running along and all of a sudden wrapped up in a chain by something I couldn't see.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting we still don't know what the 2 players thing is. They do have plenty of time of course. Maybe it'll get its own direct?

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo did a "3 things you may not have known" with Takahisa Taura

1. Game's action is "in-between Bayonetta and Nier: Automata"
2. Use many different types of Legion
3. Collect Cats

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Holy crap, watch this bit from the Gamespot stage show today, the guy does a great job explaining the intricacies of the combat system and it's depth:

(timestamped 2h37m)

I was bummed that they were going through the same 2nd demo from treehouse at first but the guy demoing does a great job explaining the game and he worked on W101 and clearly knows his shit

OP
OP
Chaos17

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
Holy crap, watch this bit from the Gamespot stage show today, the guy does a great job explaining the intricacies of the combat system and it's depth:

(timestamped 2h37m)

I was bummed that they were going through the same 2nd demo from treehouse at first but the guy demoing does a great job explaining the game and he worked on W101 and clearly knows his shit
Thanks for the link!
Need more game analyze like this because I've read in this topic some people thinking that the battle system are just QTE xD
Will add to the OP

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I was shocked people thought this game could have been 60fps. there was just too much going on for it to achieve that
I was hoping with Mario Odysdey running at 60fps and looking fantastic, and all other Platinum games pushing for 60fps.

This isn't the Platinum i know 😢, they would go for 60fps even if they have to crawl, push through and give up halfway, but they would go for it.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I love all these little level interactions they add to give you stuff to do and secrets to find. People like to act like Platinum games are just combat arena after combat arena but its completely untrue. Play Wonderful 101 and there is so much to do and find in the levels that are outside of the combat.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I love all these little level interactions they add to give you stuff to do and secrets to find. People like to act like Platinum games are just combat arena after combat arena but its completely untrue. Play Wonderful 101 and there is so much to do and find in the levels that are outside of the combat.
Yep, it was quite awful :^S
remembers Jerghinga button smashing

Deleted member 19739

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're interested and have time, I recommend you watch the Treehouse segments on it. Especially part 2 goes into those adventure/RPG aspects a bit more:

The columns look like they get in the way in the combat arena areas. I watched the video briefly but are they used for gameplay mechanics? It seems like they camera gets stuck around those columns and it is kind of hard to see the enemies when that happens.