• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
yeah mine got scrapped as well, debating going for the regular physical edition or jumping on one of those voucher deals

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Got this one a few weeks ago (June 24) and it hasn't been canceled.
Amazon japan

Can still be pre-ordered. 9 available I believe.

Last edited:

DarthButcher

Oct 30, 2017
I bought the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Collector's Edition and would have loved to get one for this, too.

Due to the constant disappointment of Nintendo of America, I think the only first-party title I'm buying physical - and the only one I'm on the fence about is Daemon x Machina - is Link's Awakening Remix.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Does this include English language option?
A friend told me the japanese eshop version has other langages (including) english so I assumed it was (even though I ordered thinking there would only be japanese since it appeared this way before so, cool bonus).

Can double check.
Why wouldn't it ? It's a worldwide release so if there's a chance it does there it os.
And eshop implies it does.

Technika

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2018
I bought the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Collector's Edition and would have loved to get one for this, too.

Due to the constant disappointment of Nintendo of America, I think the only first-party title I'm buying physical - and the only one I'm on the fence about is Daemon x Machina - is Link's Awakening Remix.

Like you, i think im going to get a collectors edition where possible for my physical copies.

I have XC2, plus a couple indie titles in collectors edition, but I preordered Astral Chain and just secured a copy of Zelda Links awaking today! Not only do CE's look nice, but hold their value and appreciate better.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Actually, according to the Japanese eShop, it does
A friend told me the japanese eshop version has other langages (including) english so I assumed it was (even though I ordered thinking there would only be japanese since it appeared this way before so, cool bonus).

Can double check.

Why wouldn't it ? It's a worldwide release so if there's a chance it does there it os.
And eshop implies it does.
It includes Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Korean, and Chinese.

Thanks for the answer!

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
whoops guess it was my mistake, i missed that it was a worldwide release, the Amazon page doesn't mention any English text but the play asia listing says it's multi language so I guess it should be okay?

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the Japanese version of the Collector's edition has a different box art from the European one. It's pretty badass.

EBaO7dUUcAAu_2w

Pretty glad I ordered it.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question for German/UK people.

I've noticed that there's a PEGI rating, but then there's also the USK rating (which is a huge block).

Will all the UK special editions have that? Or is it just the Germany one?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the post about the Japanese CE. Since NA isn't getting one, I placed an order for the Japanese version. Glad to hear I'll be able to play it in English.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I have a question for German/UK people.

I've noticed that there's a PEGI rating, but then there's also the USK rating (which is a huge block).

Will all the UK special editions have that? Or is it just the Germany one?
Yeap, European CE are the same in every country. Good thing is the game case inside has no rating at all.

maxresdefault.jpg

Only exception was Pokémon Let's GO that had the USK raiting both inside and outside.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure that the UK doesn't plaster USK logos on stuff, does it?
NOE uses the One Size Fits All approach. One CE for the entirety of Europe. At least they don't plaster the ratings on the case itself anymore. Mario Kart 8 on the WiiU had USK, PEGI and whatever they use in Russia on the cover, it was ridiculous.

Who has a CD Player these days?
I have a DVD burner and a blu-ray drive in my PC for various reasons. Just because the streaming industry has kicked in hard, that doesn't mean that CDs are dead.

Last edited:

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Is it difficult to buy from Amazon JP?
I've been interested on the game but never bought something there

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Is it difficult to buy from Amazon JP?
I've been interested on the game but never bought something there

Super easy, though you'll need to make a new Amazon account specifically for the JP store. You can also change the site's language to English near the top of the page. Also, their shipping is excellent and extremely fast.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
They're pretty much the same with the only differences being that the Japanese one doesn't have the art board, both have the art book and CD.

Just ordered it from Amazon JPN! So...I'm guessing I'll need to buy an ENG copy of the game too? (Since this is a JPN version)

I'm also guessing the Daemon X Machina one is sold out? I can't seem to find it anywhere :(

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just ordered it from Amazon JPN! So...I'm guessing I'll need to buy an ENG copy of the game too? (Since this is a JPN version)

I'm also guessing the Daemon X Machina one is sold out? I can't seem to find it anywhere :(

Pretty sure all, if not majority of platinum's games has different language options regardless of region. So I would t assume different for this game.

Also for DxM CE....MightyApe still has preorders available. I know they ship to the US but don't know about anywhere else.
Link

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure all, if not majority of platinum's games has different language options regardless of region. So I would t assume different for this game.

Also for DxM CE....MightyApe still has preorders available. I know they ship to the US but don't know about anywhere else.
Link

Good lord, $169? Uhh that's a bit high right? I thought it was around $100 US

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Hmm but if I want DLC, I'll need a Region 1 copy, right? I know that Switch isn't region locked, but is DLC region locked

Some games are locked to that regions eshop, some aren't. It should be possible but it depends on how Platinum developed the game where you can use your EU/US account with a jpn cart and buy dlc off the NA/EU eshop.

If anything you can change your region of your eshop, buy the dlc, then switch your region back. It's just a bit of a hassle but nothing that bad.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
So, I assume the artbook from the Japanese Collector's Edition will be all in, well, Japanese.

Which is a shame since that's the only thing that is preventing me from getting it.