• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
First combo is pretty cool

They will post more clips this month they wrote.

Last edited:

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Don't know if it's just me but I can't see crap with Twitter's video quality. Looks neat from what I can tell though.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if a) i can turn off the floating numbers and b) there's some kind of dodge offset/wicked weave mechanic with the Bots?

Shoozle

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
UK
Really hoping this leaves an impact on me like Wonderful 101 did. It's looking pretty great overall.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Yay some cool combos! Can't believe it is less than a month now till this game's release. I really hope it turns out well.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Looks cool but I HATE that the action stops every few frames to chain the combos together.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Should've dropped this in December man. I'm on that Fire Emblem binge right now, might not even get this right away

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if it's just me but I can't see crap with Twitter's video quality. Looks neat from what I can tell though.
Same. Thought it was only me lol. Embeds always looks like compressed garbage on my end. Sometimes it clears up eventually when I view it at the source but only if the video is long enough.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Dam that looks fucking hot

I hope combos like these aren't too difficult to pull off lol ;_;

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm confused. In that first clip the red dude swings at you and then all of a sudden a blue guy appears and they kick the red guy's ass. What is happening? Why didn't that red guy's swing affect her?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. In that first clip the red dude swings at you and then all of a sudden a blue guy appears and they kick the red guy's ass. What is happening? Why didn't that red guy's swing affect her?
Seems like the player performed a block/parry. It's why the attack didn't do damage.
The blue guy is a legion, essentially a stand.
He fights alongside you.

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. I would also hope that's a little easier to get to grips with than W101 because as good as that game became after practice, I found the learning curve a little steep.
Dam that looks fucking hot

I hope combos like these aren't too difficult to pull off lol ;_;
Should at least be simpler to get than W101.
There are also accessibility options automating certain aspects if the player struggles

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
How RPGish is this? I see a lot of numbers flying around, and I know it's directed by the designer of Nier Automata. Is this like, Platinum doing another game like Nier Automata with a different IP?

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
How RPGish is this? I see a lot of numbers flying around, and I know it's directed by the designer of Nier Automata. Is this like, Platinum doing another game like Nier Automata with a different IP?
Not much its more of an action game with numbers

But it haa puzzles like Zelda and detective things and other sidequest shit

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to tell exactly what's going on.

- Red enemy swings at your character and mech partner
- Your character performs some type of parry -> stuns red enemy
- You (the character) can control the mech by holding one of the trigger buttons and can trap the red enemy with the astral chain (get it?)
- once they are trapped, your character and mech can do multi hit attacks
- Your character launches enemy in air and then your mech knocks them to the wall
- Then your mech flies to the enemy knocked at the wall and pulls your character towards hit
- Commence midair multi hits

Hope that helps!

Yeah.... With 3 weeks left to release, I have no idea what this game will be like.

It's a mission-based action game with some sidequests in a main city hub world tp break the flow up that include some police related investigations and puzzles.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
The only concern I have is that these "Zelda dungeon" elseworld areas might feel a bit too aesthetically monotonous, which could end up bringing that aspect down.

Unless there are visually distinct areas in the Chimera Dimension.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
They really need to show more environmental variation to get me on board. It all looks extremely samey... Is it all just that one city, along with that other dimension stuff?

But maybe I'm just not the target audience, because I don't like modern city/colorless settings.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
This will be the best game by Platinum that isn't Nier Automata.

.....until Bayonetta 3 comes out.
Both Bayonetta games and TW101 are far better than Automata. I'm sure that Astral Chain will be too.

I'm surprised at how good the game looks, I know that is 30 FPS but it looks far better than most 1st party games (I mean, I'm playing 3 Houses right now and it's staggering how two games that are launched exclusively on the same system only a month apart look that different). I hope this doesn't mean constant resolution drops or bad framerate.