• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
XarOgA7.gif

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
The aesthetic of this and Daemon x Machina are gorgeous. Hopefully you can turn that "Iris On/Off" sound though. "Enemy Approaching" in Left Alive became extremely annoying after 5 minutes.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just feel like it will be repetitive... do we know how long is the game lenght?

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
The aesthetic of this and Daemon x Machina are gorgeous. Hopefully you can turn that "Iris On/Off" sound though. "Enemy Approaching" in Left Alive became extremely annoying after 5 minutes.
I sure hope so. I find those sound bites rather annoying. Also looks like the gameplay might be rinse and repeat? It's hard to tell, but I'm hoping for lots more play variety. That being said, it looks beautiful.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay seems top notch.

Only negative I see about this game is that the environments they shown so far seem repetitive. Everything else seems A-OK.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
It looks Platinum as hell, but I don't know, it seems a bit..boring? I'm sure what this game is even supposed to be about.

I mean like the Persona/JoJo stand ally that's with you, but from the looks of it, there really isn't all that much going on.

Oct 25, 2017
They showed this part during treehouse.
Looks really nice and the combat section near the end looks pretty smooth.
Not sure why this footage wastes a few minutes doing nothing by the alleyway, tho. :lol

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
How can people say the game is boring from a 5 minutes preview played by a very newbie player?

The Treehouse gameplay was amazing, watch that.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, just give it to me already.
Can't wait to play this game.
Music and visuals are simply 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
I hope there's more settings , it feel likes there's really two places to go in this game. Maybe they're hiding it for now.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Vid in the op is honestly pretty dull but I've been following this game closely and it's a day 1 purchase for sure. Just wish it were out sooner and not so close to September! I have like a week to play through this before Monster Hunter Iceborne!

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Iris started.
Iris shut down.
Iris star-Iris shut d-Iris started.
Iris shut down.

This is totally not going to be aggravating...

Apart from that the game is looking good. One (minor) pet peeve that I have is games where the character runs around with their weapon drawn in inhabited areas. Surely there could be a sheathe button, or the weapon could be stowed automatically when there are no enemies around.

I'm curious as to the game's length and the amount of sode quests. It like that the city seems like a hub where you can move around freely and take on assignments. Action games like this are often very linear.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
How can people say the game is boring from a 5 minutes preview played by a very newbie player?

The Treehouse gameplay was amazing, watch that.

Specifically this video with Takahisa Taura playing. It seems like all the other gameplay out there is captured by people who don't really know what they're doing; seeing the game's director playing it makes it look like an entirely different game:

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
This is already installed on my Switch, I love how this and Daemon x Machina look. The Switch is easily becoming my favorite Nintendo console ever with everything that's releasing on it so far.

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Iris started.
Iris shut down.
Iris star-Iris shut d-Iris started.
Iris shut down.

This is totally not going to be aggravating...

Apart from that the game is looking good. One (minor) pet peeve that I have is games where the character runs around with their weapon drawn in inhabited areas. Surely there could be a sheathe button, or the weapon could be stowed automatically when there are no enemies around.

I'm curious as to the game's length and the amount of sode quests. It like that the city seems like a hub where you can move around freely and take on assignments. Action games like this are often very linear.

This!

Still intrigued though

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Does this confirm 30fps?
Yes, even with 1080p60 selected on YouTube it's still 30fps.

This looks awesome. Obviously I wish it was also coming to any other platform at all because I'm desperate to play this at 4k60. But I'll be getting it day one regardless because it's totally my jam.
I mean, the game is done. But Nintendo just has to sit on it for another month and a half.
Nintendo is the only publisher I can think of that has the freedom to patiently sit on already-completed games. Good for them.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo is the only publisher I can think of that has the freedom to patiently sit on already-completed games. Good for them.

i wish we would know when certain games are done. I remember that the rumour was that Odyssey has been done for months and iirc the producer even said that it would've been ready for march if needed.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
But at what cost? This is their first 30FPS game in almost a decade.

To be fair, most of their games has had framerates all over the place. If this game holds a steady 30FPS it's fine, much better than what was going on in Bayo 1-2, Nier Automata etc when they first released for instance. Targeting 60fps when your'e not close to holding it is in my book much worse than solid 30.

I would love to play this at 60FPS though, would be sick. Still looks great I'd say though.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But at what cost? This is their first 30FPS game in almost a decade.

The cost was pushing visuals and resolution while targeting a solid 30fps over lower visuals, resolutions and an unlocked framerate that would probably jump between 35-50fps whenever anything of note happened on screen.

Personally I prefer a locked framerate over framerates that jump around as frequently as past Platinum games. I can't think of a single Platinum game that was a locked 60fps on consoles.