• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
RegularFarflungDormouse-size_restricted.gif

The game looks awesome but I wish Japan was a little better at identifying and removing the parts of their culture that are a little more jarring over here. Was listening to NVC and remember someone saying it was a little more tropy (hopefully not in a perverted sense) and for as indoctrinated to all anime as I am, most arent so makes me curious how thisll do
imo, decide it by yourself specialy when we have 2 video of live demo from Tree House:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/as...-trailers-fact-sheet-august-30th-2019.122567/

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
So unsubstantiated rumors make it hard to trust Platinum? Were you even planning on buying the game or are you just here to concern troll?
I have the game pre-ordered and have no intention of canceling it. I still look forward to the game but I don't like the developer saying stuff like this before it's even out.

Seems like a hustle to me to say that this game that hasn't been released or reviewed yet will be part of a trilogy but you as the player wont get to see the next two games unless this one sells well, so make sure to tell all your friends about it and buy more than 1 copy!

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It looks outstanding, so hopefully Switch owners invest in what is at least apparently a high value exclusive. And if it tanks, I hope deals are negotiated to see the title released elsewhere.

I still don't forgive Wii U owners for The Wonderful 101.
Why are you being mean to those 14 people

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I don't see how this game is not gonna sell well. Right now ppl are on fire emblem hype, as soon this is near and we get a mini direct for this more ppl will join the hype. Also I'm pretty sure this game will end as a single conclusion. Just like Nier automata could have a sequel if it wanted to but if doesn't the climax was good.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I don't see how this game is not gonna sell well. Right now ppl are on fire emblem hype, as soon this is near and we get a mini direct for this more ppl will join the hype. Also I'm pretty sure this game will end as a single conclusion. Just like Nier automata could have a sequel if it wanted to but if doesn't the climax was good.

Nier:A wasn't planned a trilogy, like at all.

Will wait for reviews on the story then.

Nov 3, 2017
Fans of an incredibly sequel driven industry being angry that devs are talking about potential sequels

I swear, I have no idea how some of y'all function in day to day life. It's like I'm observing a fucking simulation by aliens who have only heard secondhand descriptions of humans

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
In my point of view, you sell your game, you see the sales and THEN you announce that you'll probably do a sequel or a trilogy. The way is told right now is "please buy our game but keep in mind you only get a third of the story" and "if it don't sell well enough, you'll never see the end, you are been warned!". I guess I've learn from Jordan and Martin. So now, if it is planned to be on several titles, I prefer wait that the story is complete before starting it. It might be only a bad japanese translation (won't be the first time it happens) so who knows...

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Fans of an incredibly sequel driven industry being angry that devs are talking about potential sequels

I swear, I have no idea how some of y'all function in day to day life. It's like I'm observing a fucking simulation by aliens who have only heard secondhand descriptions of humans
You are in a gaming forum, we all are a little excentric or peculiar but still love each other like a big family (of game addicts) 🌈

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Preordered my copy.

In my point of view, you sell your game, you see the sales and THEN you announce that you'll probably do a sequel or a trilogy. The way is told right now is "please buy our game but keep in mind you only get a third of the story" and "if it don't sell well enough, you'll never see the end, you are been warned!". I guess I've learn from Jordan and Martin. So now, if it is planned to be on several titles, I prefer wait that the story is complete before starting it. It might be only a bad japanese translation (won't be the first time it happens) so who knows...

Does it really matter whether they have ideas for a trilogy or not?

I will never understand people on stuff like this. Thought process is baffling.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Depends on sales of the game... then don't plan a trilogy you morons. I'm down for this game but everytime I see one of these companies plan extended sequel chains I almost always expect them to fail at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
then the other two games are tacked on

it's probably more like, they had so many ideas for the game/world that they have enough stuff to make 2 more games given time

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
As if it couldn't get any better, everytime they show new shits, I'm still blown away. Still looks too good to be true.

Looks like such a high budget platinum game, or hell, looks like the biggest game they've ever made. Sad that it's such an underdog.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is pretty awesome to hear. Hopefully the ending of this game isn't a cop-out that will feel we'll need to buy the sequel to get the full story.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man it must kill you to have not watched a single MCU or Star Wars movie until this year.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
This is a dumb take and you should feel bad about this weird thought process. Sit back and reevaluate what you just posted...they didn't ANNOUNCE anything for Gods sakes...

Also great gifs Chaos17 !

not true

jothne

Jun 20, 2019
Japan

"The article says we're making Astral Chain as part one of a trilogy, but that's not true. What I told the interviewer is just that I have so many different ideas that I could go even beyond a trilogy."

"Since it was an overseas interview, what I said got translated into English to the interviewer, and then translated yet again before publication... It's like a game of Telephone. That makes it really hard to get your intent across sometimes..."

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017

"The article says we're making Astral Chain as part one of a trilogy, but that's not true. What I told the interviewer is just that I have so many different ideas that I could go even beyond a trilogy."

"Since it was an overseas interview, what I said got translated into English to the interviewer, and then translated yet again before publication... It's like a game of Telephone. That makes it really hard to get your intent across sometimes..."
So once again bad translations cause a ruckus. It seems to happen quite a bit lately.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You mean people on the internet were freaking out over nothing?

Well I never.

Oct 25, 2017

Wow what a surprise. Games media sucks ass at japanese translation again.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I'm not sure why people were concerned even if that wasn't clarified. the intent is obvious

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bad translation strikes again. edited the OP and asked for a title change.

I'm not sure why people were concerned even if that wasn't clarified. the intent is obvious
well the article says it's planned as a trilogy, that's quite different from "could be trilogy since there's so many ideas"