• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Just to clarify, I mean visually.

I like the actual Zelda stuff you get to do with your Stands. One of my highlights of the game so far, whe added on top of everything else.

Oh yeah sure, gameplay/exploration wise they seem solid. But I can definitely see myself getting a bit sick of the whole sharp, red matrix look if there's no variation on that front.

Metroid

Oct 27, 2017
Any words on the story? I don't think be can expect Nier Automata levels of greatness but a nice story would be nice.

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
Any words on the story? I don't think be can expect Nier Automata levels of greatness but a nice story would be nice.
From the preview story seem to more focus than usual platinum. But still no report on overall story.

(even though in my mind MGR nonsense is so fucking fantastic)

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
SO excited for this game
MY EYES.

Gah, we really need a Switch Pro, or devs need to reel back or something. The IQ on that screenshot is horrific.

It seems to have something to do with the selfie-screenshots. The rest of them aren't nearly as bad, but everything with that pose is rough. Like, how is this killing the system?

duehk3nwi2eoqzvqx3gl.jpg
lol. If I had a dollar for every pixel in this frame, I'd have like 5 cents. Fire emblem hasn't proves that games can still be masterpieces without great graphics, though.
People care way too fucking much about sales. Swear some are more interested in wether a game shifts copies rather than if it's good.

Anyway, been in since the reveal trailer. Looks like the right kind of over-the-top nonsense + Platinum. And the soundtrack is great from what I've heard.
... do you realise that people care so much about sales because they are very invested in gaming themselves and want a franchise to be successful enough to have further instalments

We are so invested in game sales BECAUSE we want our games to be good. Also, even if that's wasn't the main reason for interest in sales, it's just a hobby dude. Let people be interested in things :)

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
MY EYES.

Gah, we really need a Switch Pro, or devs need to reel back or something. The IQ on that screenshot is horrific.

It seems to have something to do with the selfie-screenshots. The rest of them aren't nearly as bad, but everything with that pose is rough. Like, how is this killing the system?

duehk3nwi2eoqzvqx3gl.jpg

I know right, its so horrible to look at. Holding out hope for a Pro version next year.

OT - The game itself looks great, especially the combat. Platinum always deliver in this area.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Very much not a fan of Nintendo prioritizing video previews at this period before release to be honest. They always do it and I get it, it's free hype advertisement that gets shared around. But at this point I just want to read thoughts and not get half the game experience handily spoiled.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
The non combat segments being great as well is all i needed to know, now this game is a sure purchase. I hope i'm able finish Three Houses before this one releases.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Very much not a fan of Nintendo prioritizing video previews at this period before release to be honest. They always do it and I get it, it's free hype advertisement that gets shared around. But at this point I just want to read thoughts and not get half the game experience handily spoiled.

Don't watch them then? lol

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
oops, my bad. i always forget that the lists on wikipedia aren't accurate.

It's cool! =) Yeah I usually use either that thread or the briefings from Nintendos to get as accurate numbers as possible. Sadly Nintendos own reports doesnt tell the whole story when it comes to million sellers :P

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Weird, the Gamexplain preview video says changing your character's skin color has no effect on your twin, but we saw in the E3 treehouse demo that it does effect them. Were they sure about that?
I'm also curious (and confused) about this... Unfortunately I didn't have time to check all the preview stuff so far.

Can anyone provide a bit more information on the topic?

carmofin

Nov 15, 2017
I'm also curious (and confused) about this... Unfortunately I didn't have time to check all the preview stuff so far.

Can anyone provide a bit more information on the topic?

I can. Nothing I've done to my character has affected the twin at all, which has given me this really weird disconnect between the two. Granted, I haven't actually changed my skincolor, so maybe that's the one exception.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Could someone please kindly paste 1 or 2 of the more in-depth previews in spoiler tags? Most sites are blocked at work and interested to read a few articles.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum didn't have anything to do with the story that's why the Argumentation that "platinum games have good stories look at n:a" doesn't hold water. Context is a thing.
I know. And I don't really see people defending Platinum's stories. At most they enjoy (some of) the characters/the cheese/over-the-top cutscenes to a degree but I don't think I see people praising the overall narratives & writing as anything but mediocre at best, crap at worst. It's always about the gameplay.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
MY EYES.

duehk3nwi2eoqzvqx3gl.jpg

The picture in the Kotaku article is hideous. I hope it at least runs decently, though I'm not expecting much out of PG on that front either.

i suspect that they captured it and tried to resize it(and did a horrible job at that), all video footage from e3 looked fine. And the time digital foundry got to play the game they said that the game is 900p(ish)

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say just hide this thread, unless you frequent other gaming sites then that's really all on you.