• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OriginalJonty

Editor at TheSixthAxis
Verified
Oct 30, 2017

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
ECDxANIW4AAw9Hk

You can customize the color and transparency of HUD. No more boring blue for me.

thfmPPR.png
That's great!
Thanks for the info.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
This looks very promising. Now I have to decide what to play first between this and Control in the battle of the sleeper GotYs.
...it's the same Nonsense like saying a game is not first party because Nintendo didn't make it in house...

Is that not the definition of first party?

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
I think saying "Platinum didn't make it's story so that game doesn't count as an exception to the rule" or something like that from the very beginning, instead of saying something like "to call Nier Automata a Platinum game is disinginious at best" would have saved you a lot of grief.
This looks very promising. Now I have to decide what to play first between this and Control in the battle of the sleeper GotYs.

Is that not the definition of first party?
You read my post wrong...

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
"Dekaranger + JJBA" looks to deliver on exactly what I wanted it to be.

Hearing that it's more W101 than Bayo and the Transformers Devastation composer providing the OST is just the icing on the cake.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
No, It's like you told PS4 Spider-man isn't Sony first party.
Hmm maybe, in my head I always considered those kind of games to be second party, as in made by seperate studio but in partnership with the console manufacturer.

Not that it matters, an exclusive is an exclusive in the end.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to see this thread getting some recognition and thus the game itself. Looks like to be one of platinum's more ambitious games and hoping it does great.

I always thought selling this with a demo for Bayo3 would have been a great way to drive more interest but doesn't look like that is happening.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry guys, but the intro music is now stuck in my head.

Dislike it as much as you want, it has now grown on me.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
This game looks really cool. I wasn't originally planning on grabbing it, but I think I will now. I don't have a ton of experience with Platinum outside of Nier, but I've always wanted to get into their games more, soooo might as well start here. I'm especially glad to hear that there's some fun out of combat stuff to do. That Kotaku article on the first page is nice.

Austin from Waypoint has a interesting point about the game's world, mostly the point where it may not be aware of the problematic of the police force or at least does present it. He did only had a few early hours of it so things could change.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, this looks really good. Any thoughts on the MC score? 80-85?

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Austin from Waypoint has a interesting point about the game's world, mostly the point where it may not be aware of the problematic of the police force or at least does present it. He did only had a few early hours of it so things could change.

I think ppl know that the organization is shady as fuck right from start. Looking at that intro.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna to try to finish my second Three Houses route (Blue Lions) before this game hits. It's looking fan-fucking-tastic.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great as always. I'm not sure I'll be able to get it at launch, but I will definitely be buying it this year.

Oct 27, 2017
This has just shot up to my top 3 most wanted games of 2019 and I've never played a Platinum game. I think it's gonna sell well.

Hint

Apr 9, 2018
Just dropped a voucher on this. The only Platinum game I have played was Vanquish and that was only for a little bit. After plaything through mostly medieval-esque JRPGs the last few months I think I am ready for a fast, action-based cyberpunk game. The investigation and exploration stuff/Zelda-like dungeons all sounds exciting too.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Fuck, this looks really good. Any thoughts on the MC score? 80-85?
85+ to be on the safe side, but it could be up to 90+ this one seems to have the combat deep of Bayonetta combined with the more 'modern' elements of Nier Automata
Wonder how much of AC will influence Bayo3 development?
not sure, what changes or direction Bayo 3 could take, Inaba/PG say its a whole 'new' way of making games, they also mention its gonna be linear like the others so no open world Bayonetta just yet( and that might help with the framerate, Bayonetta is their only pure action game left)

Can't wait to see what Platinum has been cooking for their queen

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any info on endgame/replayability?
No idea about replayability, but they did mention that some of the optional areas would lead to optional bosses, so I think it's safe to assume that the hardest fights will be among those, and the endgame content of Astral Chain.

Or at least I think it's safe to assume, maybe I'm letting the fact that this game reminds me so much of KH II dictate how I interpret every bit of information.