• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The song:

giphy.gif

Visuals are pretty cool at least.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
This is my most anticipated Switch game of the year (with Luigi's Mansion close behind); can't wait for more footage 😃!

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Hearing that parts of this game are on par with the extras/world building in Nier Automata makes me pretty damn excited considering Nier was so goddamn good.

Oct 25, 2017
The picture in the Kotaku article is hideous. I hope it at least runs decently, though I'm not expecting much out of PG on that front either.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I had to watch the first video on mute and the chracter models give me Xenoblade Chronicles X "vibes" for some reason.

Hoping the game itself is fun enough and runs well.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The picture in the Kotaku article is hideous. I hope it at least runs decently, though I'm not expecting much out of PG on that front either.
MY EYES.

Gah, we really need a Switch Pro, or devs need to reel back or something. The IQ on that screenshot is horrific.

It seems to have something to do with the selfie-screenshots. The rest of them aren't nearly as bad, but everything with that pose is rough. Like, how is this killing the system?

duehk3nwi2eoqzvqx3gl.jpg

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Got sidetracked into reading todays previews after the thread.

Everyone is giving the game Nintendo 1st party beloved IP hype level compliments.

If this game ends up being GOTY -contender, would it be the first time ever Nintendo exclusive 3rd party?

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

Kotaku loves the non combat aspects of the game and they find the quality of the world building and "extras" on par with Nier: Automata
Glanced through the article and I gotta say that I didn't expect investigation to be anywhere near as in-depth as what they are describing.

I thought it'd be running around following detective vision and doing the eavesropping thing here and there, before getting led to the next fight.

Before one can hack and slash, one must figure out what to hack and slash, and why. Investigating is a major component of Astral Chain missions. The player canvases the area of an incident, gathering keyword clues by questioning witnesses, police officers, and analyzing evidence. When 100 percent of the clues are gathered, the player must answer a series of questions, with answers selected from the collected keywords and phrases.

While the odd random encounter can occur during an investigation, mostly these investigation segments are made up of casual puzzle solving and information gathering. During the game's third mission, a group of children gave me the old "only one of us tells the truth" puzzle. Each of the five kids gave me a statement, and I had to use logic to determine which of them was being truthful. This happens to be my favorite kind of logic problem, next to the ones where you have to make a grid in order to figure out the ages and favorite foods of a series of random people.

Solving the problem correctly awarded me with a new clue, which was integral in completing my investigation. I could do this all day long.

Like, dude.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Got sidetracked into reading todays previews after the thread.

Everyone is giving the game Nintendo 1st party beloved IP hype level compliments.

If this game ends up being GOTY -contender, would it be the first time ever Nintendo exclusive 3rd party?
This is basically Platinum Games using Nier Automata work experience and making an entirely new IP and concept with it, so yeah I'm confident that it can reach that goal. Shit its defacto a sleeper hit, the original reveal gave us the idea of a wholly different game from what we know now and people are still working with those impressions.