• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Sorry, I shouldn't have derailed the thread asking about it but I noticed when I was looking for that Independent review thread.

Dude makes so many topics that are pointless.

And I'm sure at least some of your 32k posts are pointless. Let's not drag another user down like that, deleted account or not, please.

Back to reviews... it looks like the tweet from the Independent about their review got ratio'd hard. I'm surprised they haven't at least pulled the review and updated it because of how inaccurate it was.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Yeah, but apparently he had some issues so I hope he's okay.
That's a shame, it was one of the users that was eager to discuss everything (regardless of the user being or not in the same side of the discussion), and has created several good threads. PT was a little bit too optimistic to my taste, and was always praising all the games too much, but at least tried to explain everything in detail. I hope PT returns in some form.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Phantom Thief, if you're reading this, know that I appreciated you.

The last interaction I've had with you was questioning the need for a topic you had made, but I didn't at all feel that way towards your content in general, just so you know.

Take care out there, you will be missed.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Who was Phantom Thief?
A poster from this forum. He used to create lots of threads, and was criticized because most of the threads were not "necessary", in the sense that the topics were already being discussed in other threads. Either way, he was good at argumenting his opinion, which is a quality that stands out in a forum filled by hot takes, one line posts and "facts".

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Who was Phantom Thief?
source.gif

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
A poster from this forum. He used to create lots of threads, and was criticized because most of the threads were not "necessary", in the sense that the topics were already being discussed in other threads. Either way, he was good at argumenting his opinion, which is a quality that stands out in a forum filled by hot takes, one line posts and "facts".

Ah I see. Im not sure if being such a prominent individual on a message board would be a good thing or a bad thing. Hopefully that person finds some inner peace.

lol

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Phantom Thief is gone? Was he perma banned or something? I used to really enjoy his posts, even when I didn't necessarily agree with them. As you've mentioned, I appreciated the fact that they articulated their points in detail instead of just posting silly hot takes or shallow points.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Phantom Thief is gone? Was he perma banned or something? I used to really enjoy his posts, even when I didn't necessarily agree with them. As you've mentioned, I appreciated the fact that they articulated their points in detail instead of just posting silly hot takes or shallow points.
He requested an account closure.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
He/she requests a ban all the time, they clearly have something going on that they need to work on. I just hope they fix their issues through a more healthy alternative. It's not good seeing someone suffer the same problem constantly

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Im not sure if being such a prominent individual on a message board would be a good thing or a bad thing.
He/she requests a ban all the time, they clearly have something going on that they need to work on.
I always felt that PT "wasted" too much time here. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy discussing and I always post on the OT of the games I play (that are a lot), but creating constantly threads about the new hot topics, discussing all of them, add to that discussing some games and creating in depth threads about them... it's time consuming, and some users like PT IMO were here too much time.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Co-owned by Nintendo and PlatinumGames. Neither can do anything with the IP without the other.
Are we sure this is still a truth? Someone posted an interview and someone from PlatinumGames made it sound like it's 100% Nintendo's.

I know either way Nintendo has it, but the interview made it seem like it wasn't co-owned like I once thought.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are we sure this is still a truth? Someone posted an interview and someone from PlatinumGames made it sound like it's 100% Nintendo's.

I know either way Nintendo has it, but the interview made it seem like it wasn't co-owned like I once thought.

I think we're all pretty much going by this:

under the gallery it says:

Platform: Nintendo Switch ™ | Genre: Action | Release Date: August 30, 2019 | Price: $59.99(USD) | ESRB Rating: Teen | Publisher: Nintendo | Developer: PlatinumGames Inc. | © 2019 Nintendo / PlatinumGames Inc. Main Character Design ©Masakazu Katsura/SHUEISHA

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

this is just standard operating procedure with Nintendo. Nintendo paid for the game 100%, so Platinum isn't making a fuss about who holds the cards

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

Gotta disagree a little about the distractions. They kept being mostly worthwhile for me till the very end. They presented footage of redshifting as an example, but those actual menial tasks are on the level of digging random hidden stuff with B. Legion and throwing out the trash. They are only something to engage with at your discretion for extra gain.

Actual side activities that count towards completion often involve things like discovering whole hidden unique boss fights just by going off the beaten path or some unexpected things like doing basic IRL math.

The only File where they did feel like wearing thin was 08.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of asking for your account to be closed? Why not just keep your account and not sign in anymore?

Edit: was looking back at the posts about phantom thief

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I think 87 is a bit high for this game. It's good but I dunno, I have a lot of little problems with it and it's not like, super fun.

tlk_EX

Nov 3, 2017
Is this one of those trademark Nintendo's accolades full of spoilers trailers?

Haven't picket it up yet despite the hype!

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish I liked this game more than I do. Has a really cool atmosphere, some great designs, and the mechanics are unique and interesting.
But it just didn't stick for me. The combat in particular leaves a lot to be desired imo, and a non-linear setting would help the level progression for me.

Glad to see it performing and reviewing well though.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
GOTY with Sekiro for me

Pretty much same for me. A bit under Sekiro, which wound up being maybe my new favorite game of all time, but then again I've only beat Astral Chain one time and re-done a handful of chapters. Still working my way through. I beat Sekiro 4 times over and got all achievements. So need more time for Astral Chain to sink in but it's easily in the 9/10-10/10 game for me.