• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Wasn't that 3-2? And yes the undulating water effects had me instinctively holding my breathe for a few seconds until my brain realised the illusion.
I think it was 3-3 but I could be wrong. The
ondulation
it was something a bit scary. And even more scary
was the way the level ended.
I had to stop the game for a bit.

EDIT: to spoiler tag

Last edited:

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I've replayed it so many times...

14078.jpg

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
World 3-3 was the first one that I had to tell myself that this is just VR and is not real.
Being eaten by a whale was not on my plans for today. The all stage is a bit surreal.

OK, I'm going to have to play this game, now that levels are being detailed...i hate to say the word "spoiled" but I genuinely wanted to be surprised at the levels going through them.

I still want to stay in the OT to read people's impressions but can people follow OT etiquette and avoid revealing too many levels and mechanics without tags?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
OK, I'm going to have to play this game, now that levels are being detailed...i hate to say the word "spoiled" but I genuinely wanted to be surprised at the levels going through them.

I still want to stay in the OT to read people's impressions but can people follow OT etiquette and avoid revealing too many levels and mechanics without tags?
Sorry. It was not my intent to spoil the level. I left a bit vague for what happens in the level.
And yes you should play it if you can. And I will not mention anything that can be consider spoiler from now on.

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
I love this game but I wish the dynamic resolution wasn't so aggressive on the base PS4. It gives you a little taste of how it could look when you look to the side and not much is going on, and then as soon as you look down the level it's like you've taken your glasses off. How is on the Pro, I'm guessing a lot better?
Unfortunately I can't justify getting a Pro just for this, I hardly use my PS4 and don't have a 4k tv!

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How do you like the game raijinto?

I gave my opinion a couple of pages ago and I've not changed it much since arriving on 2-3. It's a good game so far. 2-2 is definitely promising as a rare fantastic level compared to most of the rest which haven't been nearly as good. Having to take my time with it though because I reiterate the headset is a bad time for me.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
I love this game but I wish the dynamic resolution wasn't so aggressive on the base PS4. It gives you a little taste of how it could look when you look to the side and not much is going on, and then as soon as you look down the level it's like you've taken your glasses off. How is on the Pro, I'm guessing a lot better?
Unfortunately I can't justify getting a Pro just for this, I hardly use my PS4 and don't have a 4k tv!

I haven't played on my base PS4 but it looks lovely on the Pro, maybe it's just I'm used to VR but I barely notice any jaggies at all unless I'm looking for them.

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't played on my base PS4 but it looks lovely on the Pro, maybe it's just I'm used to VR but I barely notice any jaggies at all unless I'm looking for them.
Yeah, it's not really jaggies, just the whole thing gets very, very blurry. Oh well, it's still a blast to play, I'll just have to try not to think about it!

Nov 8, 2017
Am I the only one who has huge problems with the last boss?

Maybe I'm just to old for this... :)

Love the game though!

Nope. I've been trying to beat it for the last three days. I love this game so much but I'm close to just calling it quits. Even with that frustrating boss, I need more Astro Bot in my life. This is one of the most fun games I've ever played and Astro Bot is so damn cute. I can't wait for my nephew and niece and give this a try, their minds are going to be blown!

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Has Sony mentioned anything about DLC for this game? Game is so good that another 3-4 worlds would be amazing!

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Yeah, it's not really jaggies, just the whole thing gets very, very blurry. Oh well, it's still a blast to play, I'll just have to try not to think about it!

No there's none of that for me, I noticed on RE7 on ps4 pro in the main house a couple of times, but in Astro Bot, it's very consistent on pro.

Another thing I'm noticing myself do with this game is completing all the challenge stuff. I usually don't have the patience anymore for that type of thing, but in Astro Bot I feel like the controls are so precise its immediately apparent when I make a mistake, none of this "what happened there" stuff I'm used to feeling on other platformers. The input latency seems incredibly good compared to any other platformers too.

Last edited:

Metalmurphy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
download71fgp.jpg

Now what? I wanna play more!!!!

Anyone else caught this little guy surfing?

download17yida.jpg

This game is so full of these little charming details it's amazing.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Bought a PSVR to try this game and holy fuck.

My 40+ year old jaded ass gamer has not been so happy playing a video game since I was a teen. The game just oozes charm and it's just a joy to guide the little robot guy around.
I found myself with the biggest stupid grin on my face playing the first levels. I even did a little dance in my sofa trying to imitate Astro dancing at the title screen.

I've only played the first few levels but if this keeps up it's definitly my GOTY. :3
Congratulations, it's getting better and better. Your feeling will going up in 2-2, 3-3 and 5-123.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017

I'm really hoping PS5 has full PS4 back compat, because I can't justify a Pro as right now Astro Bot is the game I'd buy a Pro for.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
I haven't played it on base PS4, but I have no complaints about it on Pro, IQ is super clean. In fact for me it's the new best looking PSVR game, beating WipeOut that held that crown until now.

I wouldn't upgrade just for this, but it goes into a pile of reasons to do it eventually. But then again my pile was super shallow and I decided to do it two days into MHW.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game today, I didn't expect the final boss to have these...mechanics. :lol

Second phase was a bitch, I messed up plenty of times.

What a great game though, and I still have all the challenges to do, I don't want this to end!

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really enjoying this game. For a VR game, it looks absolutely beautiful.

My one negative is that the "screen" constantly tilts to the left. What I mean by this is I start off facing my tv and it's perfectly centered, but after playing about 30 minutes, the "screen" is almost 90 degrees left of my tv. I hold down the option button but it doesn't recenter it.

Any fix for this apart from closing and reopening the game?

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018

My one negative is that the "screen" constantly tilts to the left. What I mean by this is I start off facing my tv and it's perfectly centered, but after playing about 30 minutes, the "screen" is almost 90 degrees left of my tv. I hold down the option button but it doesn't recenter it.

Having the camera about 6 ft high and pointing down at me on the couch fixed my drift issues.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

Before restarting the game I would try powering off the headset for a few seconds. Does Option do nothing at all or does it reset the camera but still in the wrong position?

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Having the camera about 6 ft high and pointing down at me on the couch fixed my drift issues.

Thanks. Unfortunately I've got a tiny cluttered apt so there's really only one set up that works for me. Guess I'll jusf close the app and restart when the drift is too much.

Before restarting the game I would try powering off the headset for a few seconds. Does Option do nothing at all or does it reset the camera but still in the wrong position?

It resets it, but still in the wrong position.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
[QUOTE="TAH3145, post: 13803993, member: 9100"]
It resets it, but still in the wrong position.
I've had that before, in another game. Try the power cycle first just because it's way faster.

Plenty of fun glitches with PSVR. Yesterday I had the one where the sound randomly cuts out for a few seconds.[/QUOTE]

I got that one earlier today on the beach level.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
Finished it today. I still need to go back and get more bots,chameleons, and finish challenges. More platformers need to rip off design for this game. 5-2 was probably the best level, I hope they make dlc levels for this. 3rd best psvr game for me, 2nd best graphics.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Finished last night. With platinum. Didn't have to grind for coins either which was nice. Just did the credits one more time and had enough. Absolutely brilliant.

That final boss was superb. World 5 as a whole was the standout. Fantastic level design. Only critisism was how easy the whole game was. Like barely a challenge. That might be down to how accurate and responsive the controls are though and I've never smiled so much playing a game.

Def gonna be top 5 this year and that's saying something with how awesome this year's been.

Last edited:

Metalmurphy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't find it to be that easy, I must have died over 100 times, and some of those challenges... Phew...

The checkpoint system means there is no real consequence to dying but the challenge is there.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
i played Dark Souls for a couple hours, died twice. then played Astro Bot and died about 25 times in 30mins in world 4.

some parts where you have to do motion control stuff AND platform at the same time AND avoid enemies are just brutal for me..

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i played Dark Souls for a couple hours, died twice. then played Astro Bot and died about 25 times in 30mins in world 4.

some parts where you have to do motion control stuff AND platform at the same time AND avoid enemies are just brutal for me..

Multitask is super hard, more to the fact that you can't click touch pad and face button at once, that's something they should consider if they make a sequel.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
Playing this while standing has made it much better for me. I'd wish PSVR games would have mandatory recommendations for play position (and controllers in cases of other games), it feels like the wild west whenever I start a new VR game.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
i just got the game but haven't play it yet. How hard is it to platinum?

Not too hard, it's about as hard as getting 100% in something like a Mario game or Spyro, or any other collectathon platformer type of game. It isn't exactly difficult, you just need to be very meticulous with your exploration and collecting which will significantly improve the playtime. But other than a few challenge levels being pretty difficult, it's a pretty simple platinum.

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I am on the very last boss, but just wanted to chime in and say this game is wonderful. It will be in my top 5 of the year and it's my VR game of the year.

I thought for sure nothing would beat Firewall, because that game is great as well, but Astro Bot is on another level.

Highly recommended.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
Just played for the first time and wow! I haven't had such a joyous time playing a platformer in a very very long time.