• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Nice OT. Now to impatiently wait for the preload to unlock, but we've been waiting 2 years for this, so a few hours isn't too bad.

Suavesteve

Oct 28, 2017
I have completed the first two world's. This game has brought back a feeling that I have not had since I got my Atari 2600 back in the 80s. Especially when I got to play the beach level. This game is full of wonder and amazement.

It's the type of game that everyone who loves gaming should have as a Christmas present. That feeling of waiting all night for Christmas day to come and then playing that gift when you first wake up and rip open your present.

Christmas has come early my PSVR friends. Enjoy!

Mar 17, 2018
I have completed the first two world's. This game has brought back a feeling that I have not had since I got my Atari 2600 back in the 80s. Especially when I got to play the beach level. This game is full of wonder and amazement.

It's the type of game that everyone who loves gaming should have as a Christmas present. That feeling of waiting all night for Christmas day to come and then playing that gift when you first wake up and rip open your present.

Well that is a great review. I will definitely be picking this up.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Awesome OT.

Probably won't get a chance to play until the weekend sadly but I'm gonna play the hell out of it when the weekend arrives.

Ever since playing the Playroom VR demo, I (and a lot of others) wanted this to be a full game, it just had so much charm and quality to it that would totally work as a full release and it was awesome to hear Sony picked up on the fan love for it and made it into a full game.

Now it's here and actually lives up to the hype, with all the great reviews, is an even better feeling. As a big fan of 3D platformers this is probably gonna be one of my GOTY.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. That opening post was slick. Game sounds amazing, can't wait to let the kids see it. Gotta wait 2 days tho....

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to playing this quite a bit but I broke my foot last week so vr isn't really a viable option for me atm.

My couch is too far away from the PS4 for the cables to reach where I need to sit. Good to see the positive impressions though.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Looking forward to playing this quite a bit but I broke my foot last week so vr isn't really a viable option for me atm.

My couch is too far away from the PS4 for the cables to reach where I need to sit. Good to see the positive impressions though.

Can't you grab a dining chair or something else to sit on closer to the PS4?

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember the demo from a couple of years ago now (yikes) being really brilliant, but the one issue i had was, no matter what i did with my set up, the on screen dualshock would gradually rotate to an angle that was not representative of reality. This was resolvable by shaking the controller, whereupon it would snap back to the correct orientation, but after about 30 seconds it would do it again.
I did not have this issue with other gyro dependant games, and i remember many people having the same issue. Can anyone confirm if this issue is present in this full game? And if they experienced what i am describing from the demo?

Thanks
If you hold down the options button on the controller for a few seconds, it re-centers everything. That's a universal feature of PSVR actually; no matter what you're playing or watching, holding down that button will re-center it if you find yourself drifting.

Feb 15, 2018
If you hold down the options button on the controller for a few seconds, it re-centers everything. That's a universal feature of PSVR actually; no matter what you're playing or watching, holding down that button will re-center it if you find yourself drifting.

Thanks, but its actually gyro drift on the controller. If you recenter the headset to account for the controller you end up side on to the camera after about 15 minutes. Again, i should note that this is on the demo from almost 2 years ago

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they really robot? #deepestlore

DogC97BUUAAD6FO

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Great OT!
Already purchased digital but don't think I'll play until this weekend as my PSVR is a bitch to set up. Can't wait!

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Best OT... I haven't seen the pictures on my mobile but now...

@Jaw you really did a fantastic job!

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017

As someone who can fully relate to your 2600 experience but does not own PSVR, you're killing me. Sounds amazing.

Nov 8, 2017
I respect that they went all in with VR only for a high quality title like this but at the same time being VR only does limit its reach.
As I understand it, the game would require significant changes to make it work without VR, and then all you're left with is a 3D Mario clone, which might still be a great game, but wouldn't really stand out with any unique selling point.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Really cool OT.
I'm hoping to pick this up in the next month or so thanks to Era users and the great reviews.

I enjoyed the demo in Playroom VR which was just a mind bending blast.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ

This is the one...

Hooking up PSVR tonight and taking a break from Spidey & Destiny 2...

Can't wait to show the family

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god, guys. This game. I've had a smile plastered on my face the entire time. I'm only half way through world 2 but the level of polish and detail is incredible. What a fucking delight this game is.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Awesome OT. As soon as I am done with FH4 I will be jumping into this game. Can't wait!!

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Yo, the
bot skeletons
in 1-3. Kinda fucked up.

Played through world 1 up to the boss. It's good. Some of the design is very clever- the only level I found all the bots and chameleon the first go-around was 1-1, though a dumb checkpoint at the very end stopped me from doing so for 1-4. Make sure to look down. Got a real sense of vertigo doing a bit of that.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Totally picking this up when I get paid on Friday. The platforming game in Playroom VR was the most impressive use of VR I saw when I first bought my headset. It was an absolute blast and I was hoping this game would actually happen. Really excited to dust that headset off and jump in.

TheRagnCajun

Oct 29, 2017
This game looks awesome but I think I'll wait until I've played through moss first. I'm worried moss will somehow be less impressive if I start with astrobot.

Tony

Oct 27, 2017
Does the full game have the limited co-op feature that the demo has? It wasn't much but it was something for another person to do while they watch.