Astro Bot Rescue Mission |OT| VR's Astro Bot Moment

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
I won't lie. The platinum ain't been a walk in the park. I'm struggling with a few of the challenges...

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
I got the game at Christmas but just got around to playing it. 3 worlds completed so far, and I have to say in my 25 years of playing video games, this is easily top 3 for me. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed every single thing about a game. This is the next gen of gaming that I never really imagined I would be experiencing as a child!

Riderz1337

Oct 25, 2017
World 5-1 and 5-2 are spectacular. 5-2 especially with the horror theme. Wow. The game is constantly introducing new things in each level to keep it fresh. I also liked that one level where Ir reminded me of one of those endless runner games on your phone. Such an enhanced experience in VR.

Mercenary09

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the trophies it's really a shame that most people haven't even finished it yet. This game is so good so why have only 12% of players finished it? It goes from 61% of players beating the first boss down to only 12% having finished the game. Hopefully that number will rise up.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
Looking at the trophies it's really a shame that most people haven't even finished it yet. This game is so good so why have only 12% of players finished it? It goes from 61% of players beating the first boss down to only 12% having finished the game. Hopefully that number will rise up.
Because the third boss sucks arse. 😂 I'm one of those people, tried about 4 times and just ended up getting frustrated. Haven't loaded it up again.

argonsmash

Oct 25, 2017
After a break, I am now past worlds 4 and 5 and at the final boss...Hoping to finish soon. Don't think I can finish all the challenges but that's ok with me. Got all the Gacha balls!

I love everything about this game. The carnival level was mind-blowing!

_RT_

Oct 31, 2017
Picked this game up again tonight. It's seriously spectacular. Dad. Wife. Work. It makes the whole game thing (and especially PSVR) challenging.
I've had it for 5 months and I'm only 3 levels deep.

If you are contemplating VR, do it. Just make sure this is your first game.

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing a few levels every night for the past week, and I've probably sat here open mouthed the entire time. My only regret is not playing it sooner as it's by far the best game I've played from 2018. Haven't gotten on too well with VR until now, due to the whole motion sickness thing but no such complaints here. Don't sleep on it peeps!

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
So late here but just played the first 4 levels with my wife who doesn’t game..... man what and how?!? This game... like seriously had I played this last year it’s up there with both RDR2 and God of War as best games of 2018. Like we are both playing and smiling the whole time. I was watching on the screen of her play and yeah looked ok. The moment those goggles go on instant grin! This game is something else. Probably so far as someone new to VR my fav game by far. Hopefully we get some form of DLC or a sequel soon

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
So late here but just played the first 4 levels with my wife who doesn’t game..... man what and how?!? This game... like seriously had I played this last year it’s up there with both RDR2 and God of War as best games of 2018. Like we are both playing and smiling the whole time. I was watching on the screen of her play and yeah looked ok. The moment those goggles go on instant grin! This game is something else. Probably so far as someone new to VR my fav game by far. Hopefully we get some form of DLC or a sequel soon
Another has seen the light.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. It’s one of the absolute classics of this generation.

Stabbie

May 8, 2019
Finally finished it today ! Now to find the 5 robots im missing in world 5 and well, brush up all the challenges in gold. Absolutely amazing game

Oct 29, 2017
Late to the party, put picked this up last week based on the positive reception and the hopes of getting my VR legs back in time for Blood and Truth.

I feel so silly for waiting this long to play it. Just got the platinum last evening and enjoyed every minute of it typically playing a couple levels, getting all bots in the stage, and finishing the associated challenge in the belt.

Found the game to hit just the perfect level of challenge and loved how searching for the bots and chameleon really makes you take in your surroundings and appreciate each level.

If you haven’t played it yet, I highly recommend it and really hope they continue the franchise.

naff

Oct 29, 2017
Picked up a PSVR for this and the other exclusives. But mainly this. It's so good! I get the Mario (especially Sunshine) comparisons to some extent, but the game feels much more in line with Ape Escape and Crash. It's a much better game than either (and it should be given how many years the genres had to develop). Hover boots mechanic comfortably alleviates platform depth perception issues, something Crash really struggled with imo (though, as a kid levels like Road to Nowhere were a fun road block, in later life i get how poor the design is). Crash 1 (mainly nostalgia, first 3d platformer i played), Super Mario Galaxy 2, and now this hold a place near and dear to me as my favourite 3d platformers.

The real strength of the game absolutely lies in the implementation of VR. It's smart and plays well, i would enjoy this without the VR implementation as a fun new platforming adventure just using the controller x ps eye for gadgets while jumping and smashing through levels with Astro Bot. PSVR pushes it into a new realm, and it feels like a pioneer for 3d platformers and vr titles in general despite not technically being the first foray into this territory. I don't think Lucky's Tale really counted, unfortunately generic and poorly controlling. Also of note, I haven't played Moss yet.