• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
So what's the deal with the heavy Jumping Flash vibes this game gives off?

Any of the same people work on it? Meant to be a bit of a spiritual successor?

What's the deal?

"You can't resist!" refers to VR!!

Last edited:

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So what's the deal with the heavy Jumping Flash vibes this game gives off? !

So weird, I'm considering the ps mini just for Jumping Flash. I wish Astrobot had a super lateral level like that. Love that game.

Sorry if this has been posted, but I'm missing one last green capsule. Only have the last boss and a few bots left.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Wow...I just played this at my brother's, beating only levels 1-1 and 1-2, and it's simply incredible. I just preordered the Astro Bot + Moss bundle off Amazon and I can't wait to play more of this (and other VR games!) in a couple of weeks!

Edit: oh wow didn't realize this bundle was already out! Amazon was the first place I checked and it said preorder coming out 10/29 but then check GameStop and Best Buy and it says they have them instock. Picking it out after work today!

Last edited:

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Wow...I just played this at my brother's, beating only levels 1-1 and 1-2, and it's simply incredible. I just preordered the Astro Bot + Moss bundle off Amazon and I can't wait to play more of this (and other VR games!) in a couple of weeks!

That's a good bundle. I saw it the other day. It's crazy the people that are jumping on VR now. 3 people I've demoed mine to in the last several days have ordered a PSVR.

rumplestilts

May 30, 2018
So, I played through the first two worlds, and it's incredibly charming and joyful. I love the tone, and there's some very clever physicality in it.

I just... think I dislike platformers. And any time I'm on rails, I actively despise it. The game seems to be of a high quality, but it's just not for me.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
fucking hell, I downloaded the demo and can't get past the setup page.... all the fucking lights are where they need to be.. nothing... no button prompt.. no moving on... just standing there like an idiot trying to get it to go to the game.

Anyone else have this issue?

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Rebooted, made the room darker and lighter... I'm at a loss... lights all lined up... never had this much issue calibrating a VR game before. The lines around the silhouette change slightly, but it won't go any farther than that screen.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Obvious question but just to be sure: you are holding the correct DualShock 4 with the red light in the correct spot?

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Just bought and downloaded this as I wanted something light hearted to play before RDR2 after finishing Spider-man and wasn't feeling anything in my library. Also figured it would be good to knock the dust off my PSVR that I haven't used in 2-3 months.

Looking forward to booting it up in a few after all the rave reviews/impressions!

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Rebooted, made the room darker and lighter... I'm at a loss... lights all lined up... never had this much issue calibrating a VR game before. The lines around the silhouette change slightly, but it won't go any farther than that screen.
Just a shot in the dark, but do you have a Pro with boost mode enabled? That sometimes caused problems in the past...

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Whew world 5 is fucking awesome. Just have the boss left which I hope to tackle tomorrow. Then I have a whole bunch of chameleons to go back and find and do challenge levels. Haven't missed rescuing many of the bots.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's strange... because the red light was on the controller and everything.... turned on a new controller and it just worked... cool game... just beat the demo and going to buy the full game later.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Had some issues getting my PSVR working (guess the USB port on the back of my Pro is broken, worked fine when I moved that to a front port), but I'm loving this so far. Played through the first world (only 100% 1-1) and taking a break as I was feeling a little woozy. Haven't played VR in months so need to get my legs back I guess.

It's definitely one of the most fun and creative VR games I've played. Looks nice and makes some clever usage of the controller. First game in ages I've played that puts the touch pad to good use.

Metalmurphy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Had some issues getting my PSVR working (guess the USB port on the back of my Pro is broken, worked fine when I moved that to a front port), but I'm loving this so far. Played through the first world (only 100% 1-1) and taking a break as I was feeling a little woozy. Haven't played VR in months so need to get my legs back I guess.

It's definitely one of the most fun and creative VR games I've played. Looks nice and makes some clever usage of the controller. First game in ages I've played that puts the touch pad to good use.
Ah man you aint seen nothing yet, real fun starts at World 2!

The part with the fire balls and ninja stars. I have only been to phase 3 ONCE and died right away :(
Fireballs i'm guessing it's the missiles? I just look at the bot and keep moving in large circles, there's always a way to go without a marker in the floor.

As for the ninja stars, just bring your bot closer to you and always try to end the previous phase near one of the edges, if you just keep going left or right the ninja stars won't hit you.

Here's a stream of me doing it if it helps: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/322564858 (skip to 04:52:00)

Last edited:

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017

The USB port probably isn't broken I thought mine was a few months back too then I randomly tried the back port again a few weeks later and was all working fine again. Just try it again another time.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Felix+whistle

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
The USB port probably isn't broken I thought mine was a few months back too then I randomly tried the back port again a few weeks later and was all working fine again. Just try it again another time.

Will do. It feels kind if loose though. The cables in the back get kind I'd smashed up against the back of the tv stand since they're lower than the whole for cables to go out. It gets pretty hot in the rear their too. Sides, too and front get plenty of ventilation though.

Nov 8, 2017
Any tips to beat the very last boss? I have tried at least 20 times. The only challenging boss in the game!
Good to hear it wasn't just me. It took me way more tries than it should have to beat him but I didn't think he was a really hard boss if that makes any sense. I always felt like it was clearly my fault as opposed to many boss fights where I tend feel like I died because the game was being a jerk.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Good to hear it wasn't just me. It took me way more tries than it should have to beat him but I didn't think he was a really hard boss if that makes any sense. I always felt like it was clearly my fault as opposed to many boss fights where I tend feel like I died because the game was being a jerk.
lol same here! He wasn't hard but I made many mistakes from impatience. World 4's boss was super easy for me though. Only died once and that was from accidentally jumping off the edge.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the final boss, what a great game. Just gonna tool around until NG+ and dlc for Spider-Man comes out. Not really interested in getting plat but the challenge levels are pretty fun for the most part. I wasn't expecting this level of variety.

I don't see myself getting gold on some of these time trials (definitely don't think I can do the ninja star platforming one I tried this morning) and I haven't completed flawless boss runs since SMG so I probably won't bother with trying to do that.

Great game. 9.5/10

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Finally gave the demo a shot. The first time in a long while I've had a massive grin on my face simply from entering the first level.

This is a definite purchase now.

LatscherGnu

Apr 23, 2018
I don't like 3d platformers but with this much praise i just played the demo and i must say this game is awesome :)

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
this looks great, love the soundtrack, and I'd love to get another VR game. (Haven't bought one since psvr launch)
but I don't think I can get over the super boring and generic main character.