• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
The mods are plebeians. They weren't ready for the new king.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished 3-1 & 3-2. 2 more good levels, though ultimately forgettable even already. Is this supposed to be the best world in the game? Because if so I hope 3-3 is excellent.

God I wish I could play more than a couple of levels at a time without getting a headache and sweating. Just want to play it through definitively but I just can't :(

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only on world 2 after a week. I love it so much and I want to take it slowly exploring every inch of each and every world. :3

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
The impression I like reading across all the forums I visit is how this game makes people feel like a kid again. I can't stop smiling reading these impressions knowing exactly what they're talking about.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished 3-1 & 3-2. 2 more good levels, though ultimately forgettable even already. Is this supposed to be the best world in the game? Because if so I hope 3-3 is excellent.

God I wish I could play more than a couple of levels at a time without getting a headache and sweating. Just want to play it through definitively but I just can't :(
If you haven't already, go to peripheral settings menu (I forgot what it's called) on PS4 and select PSVR. There it will go through bunch of settings and setups. Go through all of them, but the most important is the last one. It takes your picture and measure the distance between your eyes. This is the most important setting and it will go long way to get you feeling comfortable in the VR. It is such a shame that this setting is buried deep in the menus.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you haven't already, go to peripheral settings menu (I forgot what it's called) on PS4 and select PSVR. There it will go through bunch of settings and setups. Go through all of them, but the most important is the last one. It takes your picture and measure the distance between your eyes. This is the most important setting and it will go long way to get you feeling comfortable in the VR. It is such a shame that this setting is buried deep in the menus.

I have not done this but will give it a go now that I am aware it exists lol.

Thanks for the advice!

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up after playing the demo. Had to drive to three shops to find a physical copy, lol. Guess they totally underestimated the quality and success of this.

I'm at the beginning of World 3, and I love this game so much. So many clever and playful VR-usage. And while the Astro Bot platformer in Playroom VR made me dizzy, this one doesn't even make me squeemy when you're in a
mine cart

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up after playing the demo. Had to drive to three shops to find a physical copy, lol. Guess they totally underestimated the quality and success of this.

I'm at the beginning of World 3, and I love this game so much. So many clever and playful VR-usage. And while the Astro Bot platformer in Playroom VR made me dizzy, this one doesn't even make me squeemy when you're in a
mine cart
That's one of my favourite levels so far. Reminds me if Ratchet and Clank too...

ninjaboyjohn

Oct 30, 2017
California
I haven't played Lone Echo, is that PC only I assume?
Yup - Oculus only, or on Vive using Revive (I assume)

Lone Echo is fantastic, but it has some dragging parts and isn't the "constantly new delightful VR things" that Astro Bot affords. The *ending* of Lone Echo made it all worth it to me, and remains one of the coolest VR experiences I've had.

Finally beat Astro Bot last night!

I thought I had been spoiled for all of the bosses, but World 5 boss was a surprise and ended up being my favorite boss!

I LOVE sharks and squids and was just giggling the whole fight!

Final boss was more difficult than some, mainly because how easy it was to lose life getting tapped by one of its attacks and because
I think I accidently shot Astro with giant shurikens? As soon as I'd get that upgrade and toss a few out, Astro would sometimes take damage, even though the boss was away, so I'm not sure what hit me. I may have knocked Astro off the platform with the giant controller or something?
- anyways, I think I beat it on my fourth go?

What an awesome game -my GOTY for sure!

Oct 25, 2017
México

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Played through world 4 just me and the trend of worlds being better than the last continued!

4-2, the
amusement park
level, is probably my favorite so far. Boss was fun too and easier than the world 3 boss for me.

To state a minor nitpick, I wish the worlds had themes rather than mostly being a random collection of four levels plus a boss. I.e. other than that cool one the others in world 4 were repeat settings of jungle, lava and cavern. Some more enemy variety would be nice too, as would some power ups for Astrobot rather than just the controller powers. Hopefully in a sequel!

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Well, considering the game has sold less than 8000 copies in Japan since release date, you guys are right!

lol

Word of mouth is what'll carry this game due to the universal critical acclaim. So far everyone is talking about it overseas. Making a new bundle with it for PSVR was the smartest thing Sony could ever do regarding it. This game is going to have long legs and going to end up becoming a great surprise seller.

Mar 17, 2018
Yea you gon love it. I don't know you but I can tell lol...
Yeah right now I am very tempted to just get it, but I have so much to play including VR stuff. I think I can wait until the next sale but only barely. I really liked the demo type robot rescue in playroom. Everyone says the main game is a lot better than that game, so hey it has to be great. Is it kind of like that demo though overall?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Yeah right now I am very tempted to just get it, but I have so much to play including VR stuff. I think I can wait until the next sale but only barely. I really liked the demo type robot rescue in playroom. Everyone says the main game is a lot better than that game, so hey it has to be great. Is it kind of like that demo though overall?
Yeah, that demo is the prototype for this game.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
If we're talking about the Playroom VR, it is to a degree but there's a lot more to it. Like better visuals and effects, more gadgets, more level variety, more polish etc. I'm just gutted there's not more of it, but at the same time I do replay a lot of the levels just to experience them when I'm toasted. I'm sure I'll get bored of doing that at some point but no time soon...

You don't need to hurry to get it but it is definitely one of the best PSVR games atm. There's a demo out with the first few levels I think.

ninjaboyjohn

Oct 30, 2017
California

You could also get it and save it for the holidays. I'm super jealous of anyone who gets to play this on Christmas morning

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

considering why so many people here and there claimed this game is our GOTY. (and we have played MHW, GOW, Spiderman...)

now you have a basic knowledge of how crazy good and fresh this game is.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I finally did the boss for world 5- wow I was not expecting that!!

Not gonna lie I was more than a little nervous.... heh heh.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finished the first world last night, full completion ... It's stunning how good this game is. I wish more people could experience it.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I played through the demo and it was fine. Felt like a rehash of what was already in PS VR Worlds, but I am assuming it gets better as the game goes on. Hopefully they put out another demo of some of the more impressive stuff...otherwise, I'm waiting until it drops to $20.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I played through the demo and it was fine. Felt like a rehash of what was already in PS VR Worlds, but I am assuming it gets better as the game goes on. Hopefully they put out another demo of some of the more impressive stuff...otherwise, I'm waiting until it drops to $20.

What about this game is like anything in PS VR Worlds? Unless you mean the VR Playroom "Robot Rescue", which is essentially the "prototype" for this game. I'm also not sure what you're looking for as "more impressive"? That's a pretty vague statement that holds no water and gives us no indication of what you're looking for in the game, making your post rather useless to discuss further.

OT: I played through the "Big Brother" level, and the charm was through the roof. I've been finding the bigger screen presences to be where most of the charm and character are (specifically the bosses). I really hope they work further to develop Astro Bot's personality, as this feels very much like VR's "NES" era. I have high hopes for where this franchise can go moving forward, since they're already on a winning path.

Mar 17, 2018

You want what 50% of the game in a demo lol? Just wait for it to hit a price you want it at.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Demo level is 8/10, all other levels are 9 or 10/19 and world 5 is 11/10

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Unless you mean the VR Playroom "Robot Rescue", which is essentially the "prototype" for this game.
My bad, yeah, I meant The Playroom VR.
You want what 50% of the game in a demo lol? Just wait for it to hit a price you want it at.
There were two levels in the demo and the boss fight, all from the first world. I was hoping for a taste of something from later in the game, is all.
Demo level is 8/10, all other levels are 9 or 10/19 and world 5 is 11/10
Hrm...I'll take a peek at some of the later levels on YouTube.

To expand, I can't pinpoint exactly why I wasn't impressed with the demo. People keep repeating the phrase "the Mario 64 moment for VR" but, to me, that moment was trying to stick my head out from the ceiling in Budget Cuts and accidentally hitting my head on the floor in real life. But I get it...my "Mario 64 moment" was about immersion while others' was about gameplay. I completely agree that, without VR, AstroBot would be a fundamentally different experience and that's an accomplishment. I love VR as a medium and I'm glad you all are excited about it.

Dee Bill

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I'm only at world 2 and holy shit... This is simply the best and most fun VR game i played. Always wished there was more from that Playroom demo because this game is literally a Mario 64 moment to me. I'm still blown away by how fun the game is. And, it doesn't get me sick at all compared to more intense VR games. It's just pure joy.

Can't wait to get back to it. With 2 kids to take care of, finding free time to play PSVR is my big enemy.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played it since I finished world 4. Once I finish it, it's over and it depresses me to think of not having more of this game to play.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I haven't played it since I finished world 4. Once I finish it, it's over and it depresses me to think of not having more of this game to play.

Well, this one took 18 months to make, so given that they have a design foundation, assets, and team in place, I assume we won't have to wait *too* long for more content in the same vein.

I can definitely see them putting out another title within the next year or two. Hopefully they find more ways to incorporate the microphone into some gameplay mechanics, since that was one of the neatest little moments for me. Even little things, would be cool to have a little megaphone to lean into to "scream" and wake up baddies or characters in the game, lol. Less blowing flowers, more fun!

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Well, this one took 18 months to make, so given that they have a design foundation, assets, and team in place, I assume we won't have to wait *too* long for more content in the same vein.

I can definitely see them putting out another title within the next year or two. Hopefully they find more ways to incorporate the microphone into some gameplay mechanics, since that was one of the neatest little moments for me. Even little things, would be cool to have a little megaphone to lean into to "scream" and wake up baddies or characters in the game, lol. Less blowing flowers, more fun!

It's amazing to me how many replay's I've seen on Youtube where they didn't know you could do that. Watching many of them is an exercise in frustration as they aren't looking around themselves hardly at all and missing all kinds of interesting things in the levels. I remembered the headset has a mic in it and figured that it was a possibility when that section of the game popped up.

I'd be up for just about any type of DLC they wanted to throw our way: additional levels, challenge levels, etc.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Man level 5-4, that worlds boss and the final boss were quite the difficulty spike! Especially the latter. I had no issues with the throwing star part that seems to give people issues. My aging reflexes and response times struggled with so much to dodge. Wasn't a fan of that ending run, but loved everything else! I'll try and find the rest of the bots (found 141) and unlock the rest of the challenges (have 12 still locked) down the road after RDR2. I doubt I'll be able to complete all the challenges though given how much the end run gave me fits.

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
Just interested how are sales of the game if there are numbers? It seems to have a good window for launch plus people were (At least I hope) kind of hungry fir new VR game

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
Taking my time with this and only playing a level every couple days, im up to the boss level of world 2, will tackle it tonight when i get home. Im liking all the variety between levels, each level feels distinct and worth replaying to get all the bots.
Also did the first challenge where you have to bounce all the way to the end and that was more fun than I thought it'd be, these challenges should add tons of replay value after completing the main game.
Overall Im satiafied with the amount of content in this game, feels like a full game compared to other PSVR games.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Finished the game last night.

The emotional play just before the ending ain't right man. Don't make me get water all up in those lenses, yo. Don't you be doing that.

Said it in another thread but: Astro Bot is one of the finest games all of Sony has ever created.