• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Picked it up in the Black Friday sale. Game is really fun, but I can't play it for too long because the headset becomes too uncomfortable for me and I start feeling a little bit queasy.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
This was exactly what I was thinking. I've played this kind of level in every Ratchet, and I've never find them neither fun or challenging. But VR sure changes everything; when I finished the level I actually shouted a "Fuck yeah!" and immediately replayed the level.

So far, the game has exceeded my expectations.

A perfect Analogy for those non-VR believers saying Astro Bot will play the same if it's non-VR. Imagine seeing a first person video of a rollercoaster ride on a flat screen TV. Then imagine riding the rollercoaster ride in real life (or VR). The experience is a world of difference.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Ok after playing for 2 days i come in to play today and it seems as if objects are blurrier. Mostly distance objects. But when i move my head to something closer it takes a second then clears up. What gives? Does this game use dynamic resolution and thats what im seeing? Or are my eyes tired?

seems to be world 2 that its happenign the most

Last edited:

99Luffy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I had a problem where my controller was completely off center halfway through the level. Holding option didn't do anything. Does anyone know if there's a recalibrate setting in this game?

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Yesterday I had a problem where my controller was completely off center halfway through the level. Holding option didn't do anything. Does anyone know if there's a recalibrate setting in this game?

Horizontal rotation can drift because there is no horizontal gravitational force to ground it (a compass like many phones have would do it). It would be nice if the camera were good enough to use the shape of the light bar to determine approximate horizontal rotation.

Usual fix:
1. For minor adjustments you can usually just hold it normally and flick it sideways a couple of times in the direction you want it to turn.
2. If it's off too much then hold it physically straight and level, then tilt it forward so that the light bar points directly at the ground and give it a shake, return to normal position and if still a little off tilt it so that the left or right side now faces the floor. Return to normal position.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Im fucking in love with this game. I bought a psvr and got this in the bundle and holy shit this is the best platformer I have EVER played. This is nintendo quality here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just played this for the first time. Wow.
It will be heartbreaking if this gets passed up during GOTY deliberations. This is magnificent. Hey, Geoff! Can we vote for this for TGA?

Game is magical. Like trying VR for the first time again good. Been worth the purchase of a PSVR on its own, especially at that bundle price.

Yes, I wasn't expecting anything on PSVR to 'wow' me after being introduced to VR with my Vive. But this is amazing.
And it really shows just how great the low resolution screen works, it looks fantastic.

I'm actually excited for the PS5 to support this iteration of the PSVR hardware until PSVR2 hits.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the headset is solid. Shame about the controllers (which work ok but could be so much better).

I didn't buy the Move controllers due to this. I feel it would just be frustrating being used to Vive's superior room scale. And $80 is too much considering.

Deraciné has me rethinking this though. I really want to experience that.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't buy the Move controllers due to this. I feel it would just be frustrating being used to Vive's superior room scale. And $80 is too much considering.

Deraciné has me rethinking this though. I really want to experience that.
No they are definitely worth it, as they give you hands. It's just that the pc controls are so much better.

Truth be told tho I battered the fcuk out of my original Moves (I'm on my 2nd pair) playing Sparc tournaments in the early days while I was still getting used to my play area... So kinda glad I could/can pick them up for £20 second hand....

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Congrats Astro Bot and Team Asobi on winning The Game Awards Best VR/AR Game!

So well deserved. I may even rate it above God od War in terms of the amount of fun I had with it.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
In world 2 and what an amazing game this has been so far. Every stage I am playing, it feels like the best one and then the next one seems to be even better :) After playing hundreds of games over PS3 and PS4 era, I am yet to get a single non telltale game platinum as I've never cared about the trophies but with this game I've become obsessed in finding out every bot and chameleon and I am not moving to the new world, until I find everything in the one I am playing. This is that type of game where its so hard to put down the controller till its over but at the same time you dont want this game to ever finish :) Congrats to team Asobi for the award, well deserved!!

A perfect Analogy for those non-VR believers saying Astro Bot will play the same if it's non-VR. Imagine seeing a first person video of a rollercoaster ride on a flat screen TV. Then imagine riding the rollercoaster ride in real life (or VR). The experience is a world of difference.
Another analogy I've read somewhere. Watching a VR game on a flat screen, is like being a virgin and watching "pron" ;) you have no idea how it feels to be inside :D

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Started this today. Just beat World 2-1, and have done the first four Chameleon levels.

Holy fuck. This is incredible!

I'm seriously in love. It's so charming, and as someone who has only dabbled in VR until now - it's honestly such a mindblowing way to play a game. I'm just soaking up all of the levels at the moment (I've made sure to 100% all of them) and if someone could record me at the moment it would look hilarious. I'm regularly standing up or crouching down and peeking around corners and stuff. It's so much fun!

I need an Astro Bot figure, stat! So adorable. Do they exist yet? I'm struggling to find them online.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I finished the game yesterday. What an absolute joy this was!

It has single-handedly sold me on VR. It was an incredible experience throughout, and the best thing is that I feel there's still so much room to grow if they ever do a sequel. Which they better do ASAP.

9.5/10. It isn't my GOTY, but it's easily one of my top five favourite games of the generation.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit did I really just
spend a fucking hour just playing with the water gun in 2-1
? Completely nauseous but it was worth it.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just played this for the very first time, it is so damn charming, I love it!

I only got two levels in though before my stomach started churning, (not something that's happened to me before in VR, so it might be unrelated) so I had to take a break. It really does "feel" like a Nintendo game, though, can confirm. That same charm and smile that I get.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going through the challenges and for some reason I just can't kill the stupid bird boss without taking damage... Ugh... I am so tired of doing the first two platforms over and over again.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going through the challenges and for some reason I just can't kill the stupid bird boss without taking damage... Ugh... I am so tired of doing the first two platforms over and over again.

I'm doing the 1-4 challenge (the one with the tightropes?) and I can't beat the time for the gold.

For the bird, I'd recommend (and it's hard) looking up at the bird to see where those enemies are dropping ahead of time.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing the 1-4 challenge (the one with the tightropes?) and I can't beat the time for the gold.

For the bird, I'd recommend (and it's hard) looking up at the bird to see where those enemies are dropping ahead of time.
Yeah the rope one gave me some troubles early on too. I ended up checking videos on Youtube and learned some good shortcuts that allowed me to get it after a few tries.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
How do you get the trophies Zapped! and Blrrgbl

It tells me to splash myself with the water gadget, and when i spray myself it doesnt seem to do anything. Zapped i have to electrocute myself while splashing myself.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
How do you get the trophies Zapped! and Blrrgbl

It tells me to splash myself with the water gadget, and when i spray myself it doesnt seem to do anything. Zapped i have to electrocute myself while splashing myself.
I was gonna load my trophy guide to help you but the only guide I had found a while ago has now been delisted...the fuck...

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
Bought this and RE7 yesterday in the Boxing Day sales with some vouchers I got for Christmas. Finished the first world, sooooo good. How many of you noticed that the play area for the first boss on the high rise building was actually a Playstation 1? Thought that was pretty cool. Haven't started World 2 so no spoilers please.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Purchased the game for $20 today after playing through the demo and played through the first two worlds in one sitting. One thing I liked that I wasn't expecting aside from all the clever uses of the VR in terms of gameplay but was how damn catchy the music was.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Purchased the game for $20 today after playing through the demo and played through the first two worlds in one sitting. One thing I liked that I wasn't expecting aside from all the clever uses of the VR in terms of gameplay but was how damn catchy the music was.

Too true. I've been humming the damn theme to the first cave level since the day the game was released.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Another thing I have to say really made me grin is that this is the first game in a long time that I thought legitimately great underwater gameplay. Its so simple but works so well and feels like a natural extension of the normal on land gameplay.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Of course the last 2 challenges are the last two bosses without taking any damages.... Fuck me

I think the very last boss shouldn't be too bad but fuck the shark boss...

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Of course the last 2 challenges are the last two bosses without taking any damages.... Fuck me

I think the very last boss shouldn't be too bad but fuck the shark boss...
Still... It's such a great encounter it's not so bad repeating it. I haven't done that one yet mind...

Another thing I have to say really made me grin is that this is the first game in a long time that I thought legitimately great underwater gameplay. Its so simple but works so well and feels like a natural extension of the normal on land gameplay.
The water (and environments) is the 'realist' looking I've seen in a video game. Fwiw...

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
The game is stunning. I've been blown away how well it uses VR. And the game just gets better and better.

It needs a sequel or DLC at least.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ok guys so I finally had time to dig into Astrobot.

1) most VR games make me light headed. Not to the point in have to stop playing but I feel it. I am surprised that Astro Bot doesnt do this to me at all. I felt great playing for an hour and a half non stop. So kudos to the devs.

2) wow! The graphics (probably also due to art style) are crisp and look really nice. A step above all the other vr games I've tried

3) Gameplay is solid and definitely so much fun. So many little things that you do that puts a smile on my face. Great platformer, actually now my favorite.

4) VR world- yeah definitely adds a great immersion and another level to the gameplay. I was laughing having to peak around rocks and making sure I didnt fall.

5) Music-The soundtrack fits so well and had me really into the game. Really good so far.

6)Boss battle-only fought one so far but it was so fun and damn he was gigantic!!!

All in all I'm a little after the first boss battle but this game is magic so far. I can see why some have chosen it as their goty. I have a feeling after I beat it I'll feel the same way or at least up there with my Goty GOW.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
What about all the challenge levels? And getting all of the pod decorations (minigame in itself with some decorations)?

It's so good.

Will get back to it for the leftovers.

Decided to boot up RE7 again and see if my VR-legs has grown.... they did not. Altough it got better! I had to choose smooth turn for the
Jack fight with the chainsaws
and it went quite alright. Did change it back to moving in angles after that but it works pretty good.
Man this game is also something else in VR

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
I'll toss my impressions here since my thread got locked:

I've been iffy on PSVR since it debuted. My only interaction at that time with VR was with Google Dream and the OG Pixel phone. It was refreshing at the time but quickly grew bored with it because of the lack of meaningful software. Christmas comes and I find out the bundle is on sale again for $100 off. I finally pulled the trigger and bought the Astrobot and Moss bundle after hearing nothing but praise about the former game.

Everything is set up. Games preloaded. Battlefront VR mission, very cool. WipeOut, woah. Tetris Effect, groovy. Moss, charming then Astrobot... Unf*cking believable. Called my brother over to explain the impossible. "You have to experience this to truly understand". Note this guy hasn't sat and played video games since mid PS2 days. This is quickly his favorite video game of all time and now my game of this generation, hell I'm confident to say it fits easily in my top 5. I now have several people waiting to play and set up an Astrobot/Fight Night party at the apartment Saturday that was a blast. We haven't had a gaming night like that since the Guitar Hero days.

There is so much joy playing in Astrobots environment. There's about five bots left to find and one Gecko. Maybe half of the Challenge stages that me and the crew are all taking turns to tackle and I just found out about the Home hub and trinkets. My mind was just blown again that you can theme that room... wtf! I don't want this to end. I couldn't even tell you what my favorite level is because there is a ton of great ones. How this game isn't nominated for Game of the Year from more media outlets is beyond me but I'm glad to witness this treat. Please for the love of jeebus, give us a sequel.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I only have the last 2 challenge levels left to do to get the Platinum and they are soooooo fucking annoying!

1-There's some random bullshit with those fights
2-The fights are soooo long. It takes forever to retry everytime.

Ugh

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
This is my GOTY for 2018. In fact this might be one of the best games I have played. Actually this is the best experience I have had playing a game.

EVERYONE should play this.

trikster40

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone got any pointers for the Zapped trophy? I can't seem to find a level with the water gun AND electricity.