• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
YES! Robot Rescue was one of the best concepts that come out of launch PSVR, I'm so glad they finally made it into a fully-fledged game. This looks incredible.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the level from the Playroom had Nintendo level of polish. If they do this right this could be one of the all time greats in the platforming genre.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Rip rayspace and jrpg dream :(((

Why? This is from the same team that made Playroom and Playroom VR. They were unlikely to be involved in either of those projects as they handle more experimental stuff. Japan Studio is also really big. So they can certainly handle more than one project. And you've got to keep in mind that many of their games aren't even developed in-house. They're collaborations with third party developers.

kenji_sama

Nov 23, 2017
I feel that should be a right approach of Japan Studio. Attempt to create aesthetic game rather than focus on graphic.
Please developing AA JRPG games.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Oh wow I totally forgot how bad I wanted this after playing the bit from the Playroom. Day one for sure.

Oct 30, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo
Wow, looks surprisedly great!! o ___ o
Could Astro Bot become the new Sony mascot? Never thought about it, but he is charismatic.

Astro-Bot-Rescue-Mission_05-23-18.jpg

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Robot Rescue is such a joy to play. I've demoed it to around 30+ family & friends and there was not a single person that wasn't smiling like crazy when playing it. It is magic and I'm beyond ecstatic that we're finally getting a full game!

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
Looks and sounds cool. I remember everyone was clamouring about getting a full fledged version of the demo when PSVR came out, I guess this is it! I'm interested for sure.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
This is so great. I loved this game in the Playroom VR. PLEASE HAVE COOP SO I CAN PLAY WITH MY GIRLFRIEND. Will buy on sale (not because of quality but because all these good VR games are so expensive)

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Robot Rescue is such a joy to play. I've demoed it to around 30+ family & friends and there was not a single person that wasn't smiling like crazy when playing it. It is magic and I'm beyond ecstatic that we're finally getting a full game!

Yeah, the demo is pure joy. I hope they keep expanding on this IP and release something for non-VR users, too. Not only does it play great, but it's charming as fuck.

ChanceOwen

Oct 25, 2017
Looks so good! I wanted more of this, but never expected they'd actually give us a full game. Day one!

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Looks really good it was already the best part of the playroom.
Wonder why they didn't announce this at E3??

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Previews:

Upload VR: Hands-On: Astro Bot Is A Full PSVR Platformer Based On Playroom's Robot Rescue
While Astro Bot: Rescue Mission may at first glance seem like a game that could exist outside of VR or a game that shouldn't be in VR at all. But to dismiss its innovations as gimmicks and its charm as meaningless would be a profound disservice. Personally, I can't wait to venture back into this world, peer down at the hundreds of trapped Bots scattered across the game, and do my part to save them with Astro by my side.
Shack News: ASTRO BOT: Rescue Mission PSVR Hands-on Preview: The VR Platformer We've Been Waiting For
This is the most exciting platformer game to hit virtual reality since Lucky's Tale launched with Oculus Rift. The game is simply delightful. Every aspect of the game is well thought out from the music to the level design, and the developers take full advantage of the PSVR HMD and the DualShock 4 with their unique gameplay mechanics. I will be looking forward to playing ASTRO BOT: Rescue Mission when it launches exclusively on PSVR.
PSU: ASTRO BOTS: Rescue Mission Is Brilliant With PSVR
The simplicity of just running around and collecting coins and finding ways to save your little Bot friends may not be groundbreaking, but it doesn't need to be. The execution speaks for itself and its a lot of fun to play.
Variety: PSVR's 'Robot Rescue' Gets Standalone Game

He may not be a mustachioed former plumber, but Astro Bot feels like he's delivering the same inquisitive playfulness wrapped up in an innovative platform that has for so long been Super Mario's literal stomping ground.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
The PSVR demo is arguably the best VR implementation yet. And dare I say it, that trailer looks a little Nintendo like in terms of quality.

I was actually thinking of a Nintendo association in another way: "Make a full game of that little bit of a bigger product" struck me as very Captain Toad, and I really liked Robo Rescue, so I'm full-in on that vibe again.

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
The jump and run demo in playroom vr was great and I hoped we would get a full game, but seeing Astro Bot announced and in motion us another thing moving my heart.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
the premise is to rescue hundred of your robot friends? man, this could have been Ape Escape if they want to.. but I guess this is also fitting since Astro is basicallly the mascot of PSVR

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the demo is pure joy. I hope they keep expanding on this IP and release something for non-VR users, too. Not only does it play great, but it's charming as fuck.
By far the most charming thing I've played this generation. I smile just thinking about that cute little robot & that super vibrant world in VR. This is just magic, pure magic. Simply overjoyed.
I just got my surprise E3 announcement early along with a few of you I suspect haha.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy about this, but i can't help wondering why didn't they reveal this at E3?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

The camera is your head and so a lot of the levels are designed with a level of perception only afforded by VR. Then the fact that the controller is an actual object in the world that moves where you're actually holding the controller. That mechanic just wouldn't work not in VR without it being incredibly awkward.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
looks like the premise of the game is that the level is build around the player (camera) so while you control Astro, you move your head and see the level around you. also, the goal is to basically finding your robot friends, presumably, some of the robot friend will be a bit hidden and will require you to move your head around and find certain angle to see the captured robots.

seems like it's designed with VR in mind.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun but I really dislike the art style. Gives me major Knack vibe, which I'm not fond of.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Not every VR game needs a non-VR mode. Given the limited time and resources, I'd rather they go all in on making an amazing VR game from the ground up like they are doing rather than juggling non-VR mode at the same time.

Edit:
Looking good so far. This game is gonna be such a damn joy to play, I can feel it.