• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
As someone getting into PCVR, I envy people who have PSVR and get to play this game, it seems really fantastic.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
It's something I guess.
One of my favorite games, yet badly ignored even by people in here.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
It's straight up the most important game of the generation for me. It's the game that changes the way I view games. Astro Bot made me feel things I haven't felt since the 90s. It has sold me on VR big time.

I'm sad that no other VR game since has given me the same feelings.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Which camera problem?

Problem: Babysitting the camera with the right stick so that you can line up jumps and simply look around becomes part of the basic gameplay. Many great games made like that, but in Astro bot you never have to think about it.

You simply look at what you want to see, and your depth perception is allowed to do its thing. It makes a simple Mario clone play better than Mario. As far as I can tell, VR is superior for 3D Platformers now.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Which camera problem?

The one that becomes apparent the moment you let someone who isn't used to using dual analog sticks try to navigate 3D space. It's a fair bit more intuitive to just turn your gaze towards what you want to see.

Not that that is the limit of what makes the game great, of course.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017