• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Astrobot is now the most critically acclaimed game of all time on MetaCritic and VR Critic ( Prefer this one because it has more reviews ) beating out Lone Echo. It could still drop by a point or so but still a fantastic effort by Team ASOBI ( seems to be a core team of 12-13 people ) that made this game in 18 months and delivered such fantastic results. Like I mentioned earlier I really hope they have a launch game ready for the inevitable PSVR2 with an even bigger budget.

https://vrgamecritic.com/game/astro-bot-rescue-mission

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/astro-bot-rescue-mission

Congrats Team ASOBI! You did really good! Bring on the sequel.

29985993426_650cd8fa52_o.jpg

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
don't know much about this game outside of the raving praise i've seen for it online. congrats to the team

Syphon

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Team ASOBI! It's an amazing game. Hope they will make a sequel in the future.

Last edited:

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
That small staff count creating this game in 18 months is quite extraordinary. Congrats to Team Asobi. Let's hope Sony gives them a blank cheque for the future.
Also, let's not forget Kenny Young's soundtrack contribution which is excellent.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Can't wait to play this getting psvr hopefully in Nov, so glad they added hdr pass through.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
Astrobot is now the most critically acclaimed game of all time on MetaCritic and VR Critic ( Prefer this one because it has more reviews ) beating out Lone Echo. It could still drop by a point or so but still a fantastic effort by Team ASOBI ( seems to be a core team of 12-13 people ) that made this game in 18 months and delivered such fantastic results. Like I mentioned earlier I really hope they have a launch game ready for the inevitable PSVR2 with an even bigger budget.

https://vrgamecritic.com/game/astro-bot-rescue-mission

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/astro-bot-rescue-mission

Congrats Team ASOBI! You did really good! Bring on the sequel.

29985993426_650cd8fa52_o.jpg
Woah. Has the team confirmed this in a interview? Impressive accomplishment considering the small team size and overwhelmingly positive reception. This is probably the game that will make me buy the PSVR headset.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Woah. Has the team confirmed this in a interview? Impressive accomplishment considering the small team size and overwhelmingly positive reception. This is probably the game that will make me buy the PSVR headset.
It pretty much had to be since this is based off of one of the demos from the PSVR demo discs amd was greenlighted after the fact

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
This is like the little bot that could. Im very surprised yo yoe the limited size of the investment.

Oct 26, 2017
Essex
Deserves all the praise it's getting, it's a little short but I didn't mind that anyway. Great game and cannot wait to see what the team do next.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So happy for Japan Studio :)

Just received the game last night and I was smiling throughout the hour or so when i was playing. Can't wait to jump back in later.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
To think that I've only first heard of this game in the last few days (I don't follow any VR game news, but still) and maybe it's one future classic already. It makes me want to try VR.

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Game of the Year for me, what a pleasant surprise this game was, I was smiling the entire time. Visually, it's also one of the best looking games I've ever played too on Pro at least, that includes 4k first party stuff. Amazing effects you can only truly appreciate in the headset.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to the team. I kind of feel bad for Lone Echo though, that game never got this kind of push on resetera. In fact I suspect for a lot of people the last thing Ready at Dawxn did was that weird ball game.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It's a great game, no doubt. One of my favorite VR experiences.

It's a perfect fusion of classic style gaming with VR.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
I'm only halfway through, but it's already one of my GOTYs and definitely one of the best platformers I've ever played. Such a magical experience

So happy for Team Asobi

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
A big part of that is because it got so many reviews. When a game (Robo Recall) gets only 10 reviews, one 75 score can really tank it; when a game (Astro bot) gets 35 reviews, that same single 75 doesn't pull it down nearly as much.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
A big part of that is because it got so many reviews. When a game (Robo Recall) gets only 10 reviews, one 75 score can really tank it; when a game (Astro bot) gets 35 reviews, that same single 75 doesn't pull it down nearly as much.
Obviously that's also true in the opposite direction.
The more reviews you have, the more accurate average you get.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
definitely deserved.

played through a couple more levels again last night (4-1 and 4-2) and my god, i never want it to end :( it's pure gaming joy.

congrats to the team, cannot wait to see what they do next, hopefully on PSVR.

Oct 27, 2017
Sony has had a crazy good year. Three games all above 90MC is probably something we won't see from another publisher outside of Nintendo for some time.