• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

So yeah, the team cheated to win their first World Series. That's.... pretty bad. I think they and the Saints should have an asterisk next to the trophies that they won from now on.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What technology? I'm not that familiar with illegal tech in baseball. I thought they all used analytics and stuff to make roster decisions.

Is this different?

Nov 23, 2017
Cheating during the season and cheating during the World Series is different, they were not found to have cheated during the World Series, just the season.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
The Astros are a dumpster quality team so its fitting that they were suspended for banging trash cans.

GM and Manager being suspended for a year is absolutely a great punishment.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What technology? I'm not that familiar with illegal tech in baseball. I thought they all used analytics and stuff to make roster decisions.

Is this different?
Generally these types of scandals have been related to sign-stealing (and the like) through strategic camera positioning, and relaying information to the dugout they wouldn't otherwise be able to have. It's also the kind of thing that tons of teams do without getting caught. When you win you're scrutinized to a higher standard, I guess. Not saying teams don't deserve to be punished for this (and some part of me does feel that tech is ruining baseball), but it is what it is.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
The MLB commissioner showing he is really weak and impotent. Their WS title should be vacated and those two should be banned for life.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Since I doubt that any north american pro league would strip a title, this seems like a good enough punishment.

But really, in the end of the day they won a championship and celebrated it, so nothing can really fully punish this.

Jazzman

Oct 25, 2017
I wish it was stronger, but agree that it would be hard to do.

It will be interesting to see how the Red Sox case plays out now though.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
As if Houston isn't suffering enough after their embarrassing showing in KC last night.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Their season should be invalidated and they should be forced to surrender their World Series title.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Garbage punishment, but they were never going to do more than that. Should have been more picks and no intl money too if no players and no firings were going to happen.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
That punishment isn't enough. Any organization that can protect its players, owners, and win a championship in exchange for a one-year ban (and draft picks) would do it.

The template now will be to let other, less important people coordinate things. Man, I hate that this doesn't carry more repercussions.

Valkyr Junkie

Oct 27, 2017

Is this different?

They had someone in the back of the dugout watching the game feed and making banging sounds to alert the pitcher to what was coming on the calls.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I think most franchises would GLADLY trade a slap on the wrist simple suspension for a manager in exchange for winning a World Series for the first time in 50+ years or w/e.

If they aren't stripping HOU of the Chip, this doesn't matter at all. It might even inspire others to do the same. Pain of suspension is temporary. That banner is forever if it is not removed too.

Oct 27, 2017
During the 2009-2011 seasons, the Saints had a "bounty program" in play where they paid their players to injure players on opposing teams.

And Gregg Williams is somehow still in the league as a defensive coordinator in the NFL. Dude is a horrible human being. Listen to some of the recordings on him when it comes to targeting certain players on the 49ers.