• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
baseball twitter is going crazy and I'm loving every of bit of it

I've always hated Altuve. Thought it was because he crushed my team a lot, but clearly it was because he's a dirty cheat, must've felt it

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Just need to find out that a mobster made a lot of money betting on them winning
and that mobster was/is trump lol

ok, maybe not. but who the fuck knows with how far this story has already gone. so much for the ball just being juiced. the awful truth behind the inflated number may indeed be even worse.

shame on every single one of those cheaters. why have they escaped punishment for cheating?

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone summarize whats going on. I don't even get the technology part and ive read through most of this thread.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Is it a hot-take to say that this might be the biggest US sports scandal of the 21st century?
Not sure. The NCAA bribery scandal a couple years ago was pretty big. It had bribery, FBI involvement, the arrests of an Adidas executive and multiple coaches, and a couple of the biggest coach firings in recent memory.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I wonder what the punishment this comment will be. The MLB apparently told teams that the punishment for speaking on the cheating would be harsher than the punishment the Astros got, but this is an individual player.

imagine the PR nightmare of punishing a player for talking about the cheating, and none of the players that actually cheated

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Not sure. The NCAA bribery scandal a couple years ago was pretty big. It had bribery, FBI involvement, the arrests of an Adidas executive and multiple coaches, and a couple of the biggest coach firings in recent memory.
True, forgot about that one. It even had strippers involved paid for by the companies. RIP Rick Patino.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah this doesn't hold a candle to corporate/management backroom shenanigans, but as far as actual cheating during a professional sporting event this is pretty up there, especially if these new allegations hold any water.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
full

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I wonder what the punishment this comment will be. The MLB apparently told teams that the punishment for speaking on the cheating would be harsher than the punishment the Astros got, but this is an individual player.

I would think/hope that he wouldn't get in any trouble for that tweet. He could argue he's speaking hypothetically.

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently, that was photoshopped, the timestamp on that tweet was after the Twitter account was deleted.

At the same time, who the fuck knows what's going on
The account was made private before it was deleted and was put out by reputable sources. It definitely is not photoshopped. You can also look at the comments Cora made about Beltran after he joined the Yankees in London and the seperate accusations that the Yankees were utilizing Yes network cameras for sign stealing. Also they were fined for using dugout phones to relay signs in 2017

If you think your team (whoever they are) are innocent, you are simply fooling yourself.

Added the video, relevant clip is in the first minute. Why can't everyone just play fair like the Yankees?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the reason why the Astros were confident they could get away with such blatant cheating is because they assumed that outing them would start a chain reaction of mutually assured destruction. They expected their players to keep quiet because countless MLB players have kept quiet about countless cheating schemes.

The MLB's "harsh" punishment makes sense as an effort to stop a chain reaction.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
The account was made private before it was deleted and was put out by reputable sources. It definitely is not photoshopped. You can also look at the comments Cora made about Beltran after he joined the Yankees in London and the seperate accusations that the Yankees were utilizing Yes network cameras for sign stealing. Also they were fined for using dugout phones to relay signs in 2017

If you think your team (whoever they are) are innocent, you are simply fooling yourself.

Added the video, relevant clip is in the first minute. Why can't everyone just play fair like the Yankees?

At the same time, who the fuck knows what's going on

There you go champ.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017

I think the union would have a field day if the league tried to do anything for this tweet
The players were only going to be held in line until someone broke the silence. Now they'll all have things to say.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
If MLB won't or can't punish them, it's going to be made up by public shaming and grilling by the media. This is really blowing up. What is going to happen when these players take the field?

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If MLB won't or can't punish them, it's going to be made up by public shaming and grilling by the media. This is really blowing up. What is going to happen when these players take the field?
Let's just say that they'll need some sort of signal to warn about frequent "high and tight fastballs"

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any legit reasons to grant a therapeutic use exemption for HGH? If Mike Trout is dirty, I will be very sad.

Edit: Referencing the new allegations that MLB has been letting Trout juice consequence free via a loophole.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
A year? I'd ban him for life and suspend / fine anyone who was complicit. These are all wealthy adults who knowingly destroyed an entire year of Major League Baseball.